No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zom JFK said:
Why is it whenever anyone wants to stand up to the company it makes them a "militant radical"? As if not giving in to their every demand will sink the place.

WeAAsles said:
If you're making up your own interpretation of what I said, you're wrong. I probably stand up to the company far more than most of you guys do. Especially moronic managers and moronic mandates. (Rules)
WeAAsles, that tribute to Superman was awesome, I'm flattered and I do know a CC (station undisclosed) with over 40 years who has the same set of principles, learned early on in life. Maybe 80% is a bit harsh I will give you 65%. Yes 65% doing nothing but play dominoes, and watching the game on TV.  

WeAAsles said:

I left nothing out. I merely posted the information that was presented. After doing some research you are correct by reading this link I found. The attempt was made and turned down by the PBGC who was asked to foot the bill for the underfunding.

The PBGC should have the authority and willingness to implement creative labor-management solutions to preserve pension benefits. At United Airlines, the IAM and United negotiated a proposal that would have included restoration funding by the PBGC and transferring United’s pension liabilities to the IAM National Pension Plan. It would have left United in substantially the same position as it is today, following termination, and would have saved the PBGC $500 million dollars while preserving pension benefits for our members. Unfortunately, the PBGC rejected the deal.

http://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/rrtest060705.pdf

Now if you read the letter in full you'll see that the IAM had proposed to UAL in 2000 that they FREEZE the plan and transfer their members into the IAMPF going forward.

In 2005 from reading the letter rather than the pensions being thrown on the PBGC now that UAL had underfunded them, the IAM DID propose to take over the entirety of the pension plans. If you look at the financials of the PBGC it is almost catastrophically underfunded. There is a very strong future likelihood that absent a taxpayer bailout, substantial raising of the insurance premiums charged to companies or "Reduction In Payouts" the PBGC will likely one day become insolvent. Can you guess which one will likely take place one day?

So the way I look at it the IAM sought to preserve as much as they could of that Pension and the liabilities since it was going to be thrown into a riskier proposition anyway and take on that fund by putting it into the IAMPF.

Ours is currently frozen and is no longer at risk of being thrown on the PBGC. Plus the company made accelerated payments to the tune of an extra $700 Million dollars above obligations for 2014. Trying to compare Apples and Oranges against the two very different scenarios doesn't quite stack up.  

bump

bob@las-AA said:

WeAAsles, that tribute to Superman was awesome, I'm flattered and I do know a CC (station undisclosed) with over 40 years who has the same set of principles, learned early on in life. Maybe 80% is a bit harsh I will give you 65%. Yes 65% doing nothing but play dominoes, and watching the game on TV.  
Bob they play Dominoes and watch TV as a distraction on their down time in between flights. It's just a way of killing a little time. Remember the company puts in the TV's. Why? IMO to keep people distracted. It works a lot better than us talking to each other. That makes them nervous.

swamt said:
He's been waiting for well over 30 years to get his with the TWU---FACT...
Hey little fishy. How are you today? 1 2 3 DAYS LEFT....... :angry2:

Zom JFK said:
Why is it whenever anyone wants to stand up to the company it makes them a "militant radical"? As if not giving in to their every demand will sink the place.
It only seems "radical" because we've collectively been conditioned to believe it is...

bob@las-AA said:

I don't think the Superman reference was meant as a compliment. Also, and I may be going out on a limb here but im willing to bet that on your days off that the planes still get loaded/offloaded. Passengers and freight also get loaded/offloaded. that the planes takeoff and land . That the airline runs even though you aren't there. Just a guess skippy.

WeAAsles said:
Hey little fishy. How are you today? 1 2 3 DAYS LEFT....... :angry2:
I see you are avoiding the topic again.  Let me remind you again, he is still waiting to get his after 30+ years. Where is is weasles?  please tell us where is his?

ThirdSeatHero said:

Still waving your pole around I see

Heres your fishy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_XBo1BPn8
Thx for the laugh, that was great...

WeAAsles said:

I left nothing out. I merely posted the information that was presented. After doing some research you are correct by reading this link I found. The attempt was made and turned down by the PBGC who was asked to foot the bill for the underfunding.

The PBGC should have the authority and willingness to implement creative labor-management solutions to preserve pension benefits. At United Airlines, the IAM and United negotiated a proposal that would have included restoration funding by the PBGC and transferring United’s pension liabilities to the IAM National Pension Plan. It would have left United in substantially the same position as it is today, following termination, and would have saved the PBGC $500 million dollars while preserving pension benefits for our members. Unfortunately, the PBGC rejected the deal.

http://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/rrtest060705.pdf

Now if you read the letter in full you'll see that the IAM had proposed to UAL in 2000 that they FREEZE the plan and transfer their members into the IAMPF going forward.

In 2005 from reading the letter rather than the pensions being thrown on the PBGC now that UAL had underfunded them, the IAM DID propose to take over the entirety of the pension plans. If you look at the financials of the PBGC it is almost catastrophically underfunded. There is a very strong future likelihood that absent a taxpayer bailout, substantial raising of the insurance premiums charged to companies or "Reduction In Payouts" the PBGC will likely one day become insolvent. Can you guess which one will likely take place one day?

So the way I look at it the IAM sought to preserve as much as they could of that Pension and the liabilities since it was going to be thrown into a riskier proposition anyway and take on that fund by putting it into the IAMPF.

Ours is currently frozen and is no longer at risk of being thrown on the PBGC. Plus the company made accelerated payments to the tune of an extra $700 Million dollars above obligations for 2014. Trying to compare Apples and Oranges against the two very different scenarios doesn't quite stack up.  

WeAAsles said:
I'm not a fan of Company men but I'm also not a fan of militant radicals either. To me it's all about finding the right balance.
But you are a fan of non-Militant TWu Company Unionism and concessions for jobs. Is the right balance on your knees?

WeAAsles said:
Only when the women is at least 5' 9 with long blond hair. And a little younger than me as well.
......And in management I surmise.  Here's WeAAsles when the TWu asks for more concessions for jobs from the weak kneed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLurKhQzXA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back