Non-Rev from SEA-YVR on QX

Status
Not open for further replies.

F9FLYGIRL

Sep 11, 2007
Just wondering if someone can fill me in on the policies concerning non-working crew members passing through Canadian Airport Security and Customs w/ liquids etc. Do I need to follow the 3-1-1 rule like passengers do in the US or will I be ok as a crew member? Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Since you haven't gotten an answer yet...

As a true non-working crewmember you should get the same exemptions as working crew. Of course, non-working crewmember usually means a deadheading crewmember who works for the airline they're deadheading on, and you'd have to be included as a crewmember on the crew manifest.

From the thread title and screen name, I assume that you're really talking about a Frontier crewmember non-reving on Horizon. If that's the case you'd be subject to the same restrictions as any other passenger. You might be lucky and get an inspector that just sees an airline uniform and lets you get by, but I wouldn't count on it. You just have to ask yourself if a bottle of shampoo or tube of toothpaste is worth the potential hassle when you can just check your bag and know that there won't be any extra hassle.

All the above is based on deadheading as part of a crew on my airline's flights - we were always treated as any other crews. Hopefully anyone that can comment on your question from experience will chime in.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back