Non-rev Travel

At AA it's first come first serve. About 5 or 6 years ago it was rumored during pilots contract negotiations they were seeking "enhanced" boarding priority for them and their families, above all the other simpletons. When AA aquired TWA, they were accostomed to boarding by senority. All were rebuffed. The first come first serve has withstood the test of time, and it has worked well.

Thanks for the reminder to opine your thoughts to the committee working on the forth coming NRSA policies. People really need to send their opinions. If you don't, you have nothing to complain about. Doing so in ths forum is pointless.

I'm bored.

Here have some popcorn

popcorn.gif

SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees with less than 20 years of service. Unaccompanied family members of active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service.

I wanted to point something out, to those at HP and US who do not have more than 20yrs seniority.

This statement above indicates there is a possibility that you will be bumped from a flight, as an employee, while the family member of another employee takes your seat!

This is not fair for any employee at HP or US.

Lets face it, we work in this industry for our benefits, here at HP we have significant pay loss to remain in this industry, and the benefits that we are given can be taken away by an unaccompanied family member of any employee with 20+yrs? That is not fair to any! Family members, for the most part, work for employers who understands what being 'bumped' from a flight means. When mom doesnt make her flight, she is not endanger of loosing her benefits, or her job. When JoeSchmoe airline employee misses his flight because the 20+mom got it, then he at the very least jeapordizes his flight benefits, and could result in termination from the company....these are benefits for us?!?

I also think it is absurd that HP (recently called the 'Acquiring Carrier' yes, for Accounting Purposes, but it still speaks volumes in my ears) that the majority of our employees who can not possibly be 20+ yrs (we are only 22yrs old) be competing with the bankrupt carrier employees of 20+yrs. No offence, but we did lend a helping hand, and as many USairways employees have mentioned that US did alot of threats of liquidation, we helped prevent this and now the majority of our employees will be beneath you, and not only that, but now we have to compete with your family for seats that rightfully belong to EMPLOYEES?!? I just can not see how any employee can not see the benefits of first come/first serve vs. the many cons for 20+ boarding.

I encourage you all to please send your feedback to [email protected]

Regardless of the decision, I am hoping this becomes a decision by the employees, because I am not sure the company will look out for our best interests!

Back