Non-rev Travel

First of all, "PDA"

You're messing with the wrong queen. I have read postings from people like you who directly throw flames, wrapping it around your supposed knowledge of the facts. This is not the first time that you have thrown the "we bought you" crap. That IS inflammatory!! It is offensive and out of line. I dare say a US East person better not get YOU when they call to list. I can hear your "factual " spill now. THAT is why I am angry with you. That is my issue with you...not the doh/first come issue. You failed to read where I said that some of us were considering the way you guys did it. AND I have stated in my past before that I can see both sides.

What you are due? THAT is subjective.

Defensive? Baby you started this battle. You know, if I save a person's life, I'm not going to throw it in their face everytime I get a chance. Think long and hard about that, PDA. That's EXACTLY what you do when you repeat your "facts" over and over.

And finally, that you still put America West by your signature speaks volumes.

You aren't happy with the merger? Well, you aren't going to make it any better by pissing off the other 28,000 employees with your "facts".
You go girl!!! ^5

First of all, I sign PQA, not PDQ. wanna flame me, get it right and take off the gloves, and I'll give you a good run for your money!

...but...

...I'm not here to flame...

I am stating facts. The fact is, that if HP had not merged with US airways, the jobs of everyone at US airways would still be in jeopardy. (would you be liquidating? I don't know, but I hear that was the big threat they used alot, so I assume it was a valid possibility to the majority of US workforce)

I DO NOT WANT A THANK YOU!! No where in my post did I indicate that anyone should bow down. Honestly, I'm rather excited about being 'one of the big boys'(tho this merger process sucks, to be blunt!). What I do want, is what is due, and what is due is to be treated equally. There is NO way that we can be treated equally in seniority boarding. I wish I had the numbers to actually show you what I mean, but what I am trying to say is there is NO WAY that the numbers of our (HP) 20+ senior employees can even begin to compare with your (US) 20+senior employees. Now, put yourself in my shoes for a moment (if you can open your mind up for that long and take down those hostile blinders of yours), and if it was your company that had the few senior employees, you would be so egar to give away your first come/first serve? No, you wouldn't, so don't even pretend to be some sort of martyr for the cause!

Don't get so defensive. Facts are Facts, and I state them to support my view of first come/first serve vs. seniority. I also would like to encourage as many as possible to voice their opinions to [email protected]. I honestly do not know where your hostility comes from, but it certainly isn't me. Maybe you just don't like seeing the facts in black and white... (oh, and while we're on facts, HP has been thru Chapter 11, back in the early 90s, so we've been there. and this was when you had to own stock to work for the company, so not only did our employees go thru the chapt11, we all lost our investments, and damned near our jobs! so don't cry to me like we don't have an idea of what you're going thru. we may not be experiencing it now, but we have!)
It is public record that this deal saved both airlines, whether the HP employees want to accept that or not. Their airline was struggling just like everyone else, they were just able to stay a float long enough to get this merger finished. Once all this dust settles, an everyone realizes we are going to have one great airline, the who save who crap isnt going to matter. As far as the non-rev boarding status, who cares the company is going to choose to do it any way they see fit. Non-reving is a perk to this job, not a contractual issue. They can revoke all non reving at any time, lets just be thankful that isnt something they have taken from us.

Xactley...BWTF...I havent used N/R in over 3 yrs...but UKW...I dont want some newhire getting on before I/we do just because he is working/getting paid and I am retired. Hell my trip is just as important as his/hers.

It is public record that this deal saved both airlines, whether the HP employees want to accept that or not. Their airline was struggling just like everyone else, they were just able to stay a float long enough to get this merger finished. Once all this dust settles, an everyone realizes we are going to have one great airline, the who save who crap isnt going to matter. As far as the non-rev boarding status, who cares the company is going to choose to do it any way they see fit. Non-reving is a perk to this job, not a contractual issue. They can revoke all non reving at any time, lets just be thankful that isnt something they have taken from us.

First of all, "PDA"

WTF, reading comprehension not your forte, huh?

get it right, or drop it. you bore me.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it. Do you want me to spell it out? Yes, I feel like HP threw out a life jacket to US and I certianly do not want to see USairways 20+ and family boarding before me when they --could-- have had no boarding had this merger not been approved.

you keep putting words in my mouth. I never indicated you deserve to sit in the 'special' section....i just dont think that it is fair, given the facts as I see them, for us to loose out on boarding priority to any family member, nor should we put the US team ahead of HP team. And weather you want to admit it or not, with the amnt of 20+ senior agts you bring to the merger table, that is excatly what would happen. US agents would reap far more rewards than HP agents.

now, you wanna go get all high and mighty, start by reading the f-ing post. I never meant to degrade anyone. I have corrected my customers, friends, and family everytime they say something about HP buying out US...that is not what happened....but with people like you around, I wish it had been!!

Oh, and yes, I still sign with HP sig, because it is obvious by the threads around here, we are not yet 1 airline...and sue me for having pride in my job, my company, and my name!!

Please enlighten me where this public record is. I am the first to admit I hate to be wrong, but would rather have you give me the proper info to avoid misinformation in the future....

also, since HP rez/csrs do not have a contract yet, I would be very interested to know where in ANYONES contract it indicates that your flight benefits can be revoked at any time. I book emergency travel according to company policy, and I have to listen all day long to FAs quote their contracts! (maybe its just them talking big, I dunno, but I am hesitant to agree with that info w/o seeing that in writing somewhere.)

Feel free to educate me on how HP was 'saved' by this merger...I had no idea we were in danger of anything!

Please enlighten me where this public record is. I am the first to admit I hate to be wrong, but would rather have you give me the proper info to avoid misinformation in the future....

also, since HP rez/csrs do not have a contract yet, I would be very interested to know where in ANYONES contract it indicates that your flight benefits can be revoked at any time. I book emergency travel according to company policy, and I have to listen all day long to FAs quote their contracts! (maybe its just them talking big, I dunno, but I am hesitant to agree with that info w/o seeing that in writing somewhere.)

Feel free to educate me on how HP was 'saved' by this merger...I had no idea we were in danger of anything!
It was published many times prior to the merger, in different publications, that this merger was beneficial to both airlines for their suvival.

Your flying priviledges are exactly that, they are a perk to this job. The company has no contractual agreement with employee groups to provide non rev travel for pleasure. Emergency travel maybe. Your travel benefits can be revoked, if you think they cannot, ask around you may find someone who has had theirs taken away. I personally know a f/a who lost hers for 6 months due to companions misconducted onboard. That was about 5 yrs ago.

There is also no reason for the tone of your post, this is an opinion board, an you are certainly entitled to yours, as am I.

tone is objective. I literally meant show me what you're talking about. take offence if you will, but in response to you specifically, I have no ill-will. I know that the merger was beneficial for us both, (again no offence) but, duh.. why would any company agree to a merger that wasn't benefited. I am saying that I had no idea that HP needed a merger to survive...never saw that published, and I welcome the links, if you have them handy

knowledge is power, and I admit, I am power hungry.

*edit* knowledge may be power, but I'll be damned if it helps me spell any better!

Oh, and I know you can have your flight benefits suspended, such as the example you offered. I assumed you meant the company had the right to just deny all employees their flight privlages. I do not think that is legal (but have no way to back up that statement) and I surely think it would be the single DUMBEST thing any VP would do, as most folks here in PHX rez are here for the flight benefits, they are not here for the paycheck, and can pick up a shift at the local mcdonalds and end up with more annual pay then we have!!

Seriously, our new hire agts start at 7.65/hr. you can get hired at a mcdonalds for more than that depending on the position, and lets face it, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do that job (or this one for that matter).

Just out of curiosity, since the company is famous for lying about this question, does anyone know what new hire rez or csrs make for US? (currently)

Sorry but we was not struggling we was hiring and upgrading. Our Mgt has been telling us for years we are hurting when ever it came to giving more money to the work groups. All of you US East people should be grateful to have a job that doesn't include greeting people as soon as they walk into walmart or lettuce washer at micky d's

Sorry but we was not struggling we was hiring and upgrading. Our Mgt has been telling us for years we are hurting when ever it came to giving more money to the work groups. All of you US East people should be grateful to have a job that doesn't include greeting people as soon as they walk into walmart or lettuce washer at micky d's

I agree HP was not on the verge of BK Hp was,in fact, quite strong and Viable. Unless you can dispute that with facts not theory except it for what it is. Now My main beef on this non rev issue is simple Check in by time is a fair and viable solution to all. It puts both sides on an equal playing field. From the posts that I have read from EAST folks It all is about you and whats in your best interests, not what is the best for all. I agree that Senority for most other issues is fair, but not this. Equal travel was the carrot dangled in front of our young work force, to take this away is just unfair.

Lets look at the big picture, outside the box of AZ..we are all lucky to still have our jobs in this industry we love so much. Take a look at NWA, UAL, and DL, who would of every thought those airlines would be where they are today. Am I suppose to be upset that 20 yrs ago I was hired with Ueast? AWA was barely on the map 20 yrs ago, and certainly not known across the country. Back in the 90's when AWA was in bk, our stock was $80/share. You could go on an on an on....none of it matters, we are stuck with each other. So I really dont see the point in slinging mud at one another. I am personally not going to bow down and thank you for saving my job. We saved our own jobs with 3 concessionary contracts, blood, sweat and tears.

Actually, it doesn't matter whom aquired whom. It is totally irrelevent to this thread.
The people making the decisions are former AWA, and they all have less "seniority" than most at East. So, it will probably be first come, first served anyway (it will benefit THEM).
Why do all of these posts always go back to the aquisition argument? I don't get it...

Actually, it doesn't matter whom aquired whom. It is totally irrelevent to this thread.
The people making the decisions are former AWA, and they all have less "seniority" than most at East. So, it will probably be first come, first served anyway (it will benefit THEM).
Why do all of these posts always go back to the aquisition argument? I don't get it...
Like anything its afraid of the unknown and change. I have only every known DOH boarding status. I think for most Ueast f/a's first come first serve is a scarey thought, because take PHL for example. Nearly half of that base commutes by air. So alot times they are running to catch their commute after working all day, catching that flt within minutes. The best thing to do is to fly somewhere on AWA see how it works..AWA ppl, take a trip to the East on your DOH. Give them both a chance.

Like anything its afraid of the unknown and change. I have only every known DOH boarding status. I think for most Ueast f/a's first come first serve is a scarey thought, because take PHL for example. Nearly half of that base commutes by air. So alot times they are running to catch their commute after working all day, catching that flt within minutes. The best thing to do is to fly somewhere on AWA see how it works..AWA ppl, take a trip to the East on your DOH. Give them both a chance.
yeppers :up: :up: :up:

I don't think active employees can get bumped by a family member traveling without the employee.

SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees with less than 20 years of service. Unaccompanied family members of active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service.

Notice that SA4 is for employees on leave or retired--not active employees.

Back