Non Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not very excited about this non-rev, stand-by, space-A; call it what you wish but if I don't get on this flight I am going to have to make some rounds to get back to Detroit. It is not looking good. Talk about killing a whole day.

Now you see why the rest of us don't really consider non-revving an economic benefit. With planes fuller than ever, trying to get home (or away) is often an exercise in futility.

By the way, now that the starting pay at NW is less than Target & Old Navy, this is the last "carrot" the company has to offer to prospective employees; imagine their disappointment when they get on the line and figure out how it actually works......

I have made it to DTW simply because three people were no-shows. Yes I can see where this is very frustrating. However I could have shaved off an hour and a half if I knew more about what I was doing. The key is staying away from the Hubs as much as possible but then again that is all but impossible from what I can tell.

Getting here this time around went very well. I shall leave in the morning for my return trip. The last time was horrible so we shall soon see how this second trip goes. I can now see where having the knowledge of all the different flights tucked away in your head would be very handy.

Hey Hackman I am in MEM heading south. For two weeks! Does Christmas and New Years fall into that bracket?... :) Had Thanksgiving off too. How many union members do you know that only a few moths with a company was able to pull that off?

That was one hell of an ACE I flipped huh?

Just in case your interested let me tell you what your AMFA Union Rally Challenge did. For me to attend that I had to flip that "ACE" which included...

Going direct.
Getting a three-day weekend for the Rally.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off.

Oh yea I get to Non-Rev anywhere I want!

You helped make a difficult decision for me and I thank you for that.

I hope that you also are home with your family this Christmas and New Years.

Now you see why the rest of us don't really consider non-revving an economic benefit. With planes fuller than ever, trying to get home (or away) is often an exercise in futility.

By the way, now that the starting pay at NW is less than Target & Old Navy, this is the last "carrot" the company has to offer to prospective employees; imagine their disappointment when they get on the line and figure out how it actually works......

Then you must be doing something wrong. I'm going to SAN for New years, NYC the following week and Poland, Germany and England for summer vacation with my family. I love non-reving. And there will be a few day trips for the DTW auto sho and the Autorama in DTW. And when my dad moves down to SAN I will be out there several times next year as well. :up: :up:

Hey Hackman I am in MEM heading south. For two weeks! Does Christmas and New Years fall into that bracket?... :) Had Thanksgiving off too. How many union members do you know that only a few moths with a company was able to pull that off?

That was one hell of an ACE I flipped huh?

Just in case your interested let me tell you what your AMFA Union Rally Challenge did. For me to attend that I had to flip that "ACE" which included...

Going direct.
Getting a three-day weekend for the Rally.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off.

Oh yea I get to Non-Rev anywhere I want!

You helped make a difficult decision for me and I thank you for that.

I hope that you also are home with your family this Christmas and New Years.

How is Scab Air going to manage without 'Cods The Magnificent? Only months on the job and you have all the holidays off and two weeks vacation? , this is very telling indeed. Either your lying, or mostly I suspect that you are not needed because of your scab incompentence. If you were an accomplished AMT, you would not be off for two weeks in this critical time for Scab Air. Especially as a new "rolled over for the man" scab. The "ACE" you flipped? Nope.

I am certainly glad your on the bankruptcy gravy train 'Cods. Your constant loud mouth bragging, overconfidence, and tall tales will come back to haunt you. I think with Scab Air's increasingly dire finance's its going to be rough ride.

Once again, your cowardice at the Union Rally showed nothing. You didn't spout off any of your "proud to be a scab" rhetoric. You simply were afraid to, case closed.

Enjoy you time off 'Cods, I have a feeling you will be getting more time off than you want very soon.

Only months on the job and you have all the holidays off and two weeks vacation? , this is very telling indeed. Either your lying, or mostly I suspect that you are not needed because of your scab incompentence. If you were an accomplished AMT, you would not be off for two weeks in this critical time for Scab Air.
Maybe that excellent DC-9 engine change he managed to accomplish in record time :lol: earned him some extra time off :D

Then you must be doing something wrong. I'm going to SAN for New years, NYC the following week and Poland, Germany and England for summer vacation with my family. I love non-reving. And there will be a few day trips for the DTW auto sho and the Autorama in DTW. And when my dad moves down to SAN I will be out there several times next year as well. :up: :up:

The only thing "wrong" is where my family lives/where I used to work (at the other end of I-5 from SAN); it's notoriously hard to non rev out of year round. :lol:

How is Scab Air going to manage without 'Cods The Magnificent? Only months on the job and you have all the holidays off and two weeks vacation? , this is very telling indeed. Either your lying, or mostly I suspect that you are not needed because of your scab incompentence.

Yes Hackman I do get two-week vacation but I can't take it until my six-month probation is over. This is more of a LOA for relocation purposes that just conveniently fell in the middle of the Holidays. The fact that I could have gone at any time before the Holidays is irrelevant. No I am not lying nor have since I have been posting here. I know since I don't belong to a union you guys think that if something goes in my favor I must be lying, it is simply your small minded thinking and I understand that and thus forgive you.

I am fully aware that NWA is capable of operating without me just as they were able to operate with out the AMFA Boys. It has nothing to do with my intelligence or incompetence. It is just a fact of life that people in a company are replaceable.

Enjoy you time off 'Cods, I have a feeling you will be getting more time off than you want very soon.

I will enjoy myself, thank you for your concern. I never have enough time off.

The only thing "wrong" is where my family lives/where I used to work (at the other end of I-5 from SAN); it's notoriously hard to non rev out of year round. :lol:

I have the same problem. Everyone in the country ends up in MEM to get on a Saab to go to my hometown. It gets very frustrating.

Yes Hackman I do get two-week vacation but I can't take it until my six-month probation is over. This is more of a LOA for relocation purposes that just conveniently fell in the middle of the Holidays. The fact that I could have gone at any time before the Holidays is irrelevant. No I am not lying nor have since I have been posting here. I know since I don't belong to a union you guys think that if something goes in my favor I must be lying, it is simply your small minded thinking and I understand that and thus forgive you.

I am fully aware that NWA is capable of operating without me just as they were able to operate with out the AMFA Boys. It has nothing to do with my intelligence or incompetence. It is just a fact of life that people in a company are replaceable.

I will enjoy myself, thank you for your concern. I never have enough time off.
I have the same problem. Everyone in the country ends up in MEM to get on a Saab to go to my hometown. It gets very frustrating.

Well 'Cods, most of what you state here is nonsensical scab BS, and most discount it as such. It might be truth to a person of your unenviable qualities. However, as I've stated to you over and over again, you haven't been around long enough to know of which you speak.

Something is amiss with your vacation story 'Cods, when your hired as a FNG (or scab in your case) you just don't get time off on the line during the holidays in your first 6 months (for that matter, 6 years). I guess at Scab Air, confusion is the norm more than ever.

Scab Air might be able to operate without its AMFA mechanics, but not well. The FAA doesn't think its a "flawless" operation either according to reports by the investigators. I've been told over 200 violations have occured in one month at Scab Air. You don't have to be union to reason forcing a airline mechanic strike is not a good idea, as the results show. Smallminded? I think not. Just the facts sir. Your forgiveness is not needed, or accepted.

People are replacable, and I hope you get to experience it in the near future when you get replaced at Scab Air by a cheaper scab wrench gypsy willing to work for less. Cohen will soon see how low you'll go now you've taken the bait in the trap.

Enjoy the ride down 'Cods.
:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back