NW Alpa and PHAA contracts and the judge

you better get a refund and change carriers. the plane most likely wont be flying on time due to SCAB MAINTAINCE! I wouldnt put PTO's pet rattlesnake on a NWA plane because that constitutes a felony of placing a snake in an immediate danger of distinction!

Robbed I wish that I could say that your country misses you. I am sure that they do not.
why do you keep insisting that I am from another country?
I have repeatedly told you I was born in FLorida which is an actual state in the USA? I know you aint from this planet at all so I figured it is hard for non EARTH people like you to not understand. You are afraid that the pilots and the F/As and possibly the IAM will strike and shut the airline down then you wont be able to scab at NWA.
I hope they do strike just to put you out of business. and put the mgmt out on the streets. I am a staunch believer in unions and I believe that the remaining unions ought to strike to shove it up yours and mgmt hineys. Cant treat your employees the way mgmt has treated them and expect huge cuts. it dont work like that

Excuse me????
how do you justify supporting the "employee cause" by purchasing a positive space ticket???
You have just paid money to cross a UNION strike-line, with a portion of that money going to PAY for the replacement mechanics.
You are also "paying" for the opportunity to fly on an aircraft that may or may NOT have had the proper maintainance done on it (putting you and your family at high risk). Yes, YOU have just bought yourself the opportunity to become a "lawn dart"......
Also a portion of that purchase price went to the very management that created the situation that NWA is in.

So as the saying goes..... "you pay your money...you take your chances...."

My advice???? Get a fefund on that ticket... and purchase passage on an air carrier that is NOT utilizing "STRIKE BREAKERS" to maintain their aircraft.... An air carrier that you can not need to worry about if it will still be flying on all portions of your trip..... So that when you arrive at the gate??? you won't face the possibility of finding a sign that reads..... "FLIGHT CANCELLED" "Airline has ceased operations"
Just some thoughts to keep in mind..............
and part of that fare helps to pay the wages of those who are just trying to make it, the casualities of greed...
in light of your response, i will make no additional efforts to help!
regardless of what happens on my trip, you should be ashamed!

anyone know how the company and its F/As and pilots are comin along with the talks? of is it just a matter of time before they strike and effectively end NWA?

anyone know how the company and its F/As and pilots are comin along with the talks? of is it just a matter of time before they strike and effectively end NWA?

Both groups are still in talks. The judge extended the deadline for agreements to the 24th of Feb. Both groups are also in the process of conducting strike votes....

I read an article today indicating that ALPA and NWA were close to resolving their differences on 70- to 100-seat jets, but are still quite a ways apart on other issues. I've also heard that the PFAA offered a proposal that met Northwest's cost cutting goals, but Northwest rejected it because they felt it was so radical the membership would vote it down. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

CNBC just had a blurb on about 'Northwest dodging a bullet'.

Wonder who grabbed ankles...

*Edit* CNBC cites interview in the MSP paper tommorow with Dougie Stealin, he claims they have made 'signifigant progress with ALPA'.

Sucks for the junior guys...again. :shock:

go ahead, NW ALPA, DL and its pilots are watching you cave.
It is true that they will probably cave. By the same token the DL pilots will be just as fast to cave. We all know what bad shape DL is in and the pilots there know they don't have a lot of room to maneuver.

...which is precisely why NW and DL mgmt are bearin' down so hard on ALPA you can see the brush markets on the backs of their teeth.

All the talk about labor's strength pretty well takes a back seat to economic realities when companies are on the ropes.... and let us not forget that unions don't do much good for the unemployed.

Both groups are still in talks. The judge extended the deadline for agreements to the 24th of Feb. Both groups are also in the process of conducting strike votes....
AS I said in an earlier post, I havent heard anything on the pilot and f/a's negotiations. As today is the 24th anyone have any idea what the word on the street is?

Back