NW Alpa and PHAA contracts and the judge

The pilots sure did seem to be in a jovial mood today. They want this to go away just as much as Northwest. I agree that the judge does not want to decide on this, he would much rather it be worked out. If he does have to decide the contract will be thrown out. I don’t think it will go that far.

The pilots sure did seem to be in a jovial mood today. They want this to go away just as much as Northwest. I agree that the judge does not want to decide on this, he would much rather it be worked out. If he does have to decide the contract will be thrown out. I don’t think it will go that far.
for the first time in history I actually agree with you on some thing. Although the contract talks are still ongoing, it doesnt sound too good for F/As as there are a lot of issues. the pilots are still talking but it is a matter of time. but if the judge throws out the contract, then you can expect a strike which will effectively end NWA

for the first time in history I actually agree with you on some thing. Although the contract talks are still ongoing, it doesnt sound too good for F/As as there are a lot of issues. the pilots are still talking but it is a matter of time. but if the judge throws out the contract, then you can expect a strike which will effectively end NWA

I agree.

The one concilation that would be gained from all that would be that no airline in the future would again attempt to take things to this extreme. Consider all the things that NWA in this attempt has assured will never happen again.

Hotels will now demand payment up front when airlines come knocking to house "trainees".

Security firms will likewise demand payment up front for services.

and on and on. I think this will be the last time you see any airline attempt to play these sorts of games. Bankruptcy will again become the "last resort" it was meant to be.

I think this will be the last time you see any airline attempt to play these sorts of games.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.â€￾
~Will Rogers

wonder if he uses a staple gun to staple the cargo doors in place!!!!
:p :D :lol: :rolleyes: :stupid: :up:

i can just picture a NWA B-757 all wrapped up in tape and MEL'ed!!

Now that's funny! :lol:

Dea
Thanks Dea, glad you liked it. The sad part is that your concern over safety is valid. Ive been in the maintenance department of Aviation well over twenty years now, and have seen some scary stuff, but nothing alarms me more than a mechanic who equates Aviation to changing a tire on his chevy!

Back