Nwa In Chapter 11 Early As Wed 9/14

Northwest and Delta will enter BK together and exit BK as one airline merged together.

Delta will attack the Pilots, and Northwest the mechanics.

This whole industry really sucks, either they replace the workers or cut their pay and benefits or go Bankrupt, theres just no way to win :down:
in this Industry and I really can't believe people are still going to school to become Mechanics, what could they be thinking, with all the experienced Mechanics out there looking for a job nobody is gonna hire someone right out of school.
Talk about bad career choices :(

I have got to get out of this business somehow. :(

well lets see here: First--US, followed by UA, then by US again, then it was National Air and Vanguard Air, now DL and NWA Vanguard and National were eliminated, then ATA went in with HAWAIIAN Air, Hawaiian emerged, SWA is caring for the sickly ATA, US is merging with HP, GEE what a crowed court room! Just imagine if the other carriers went in to!!!!!

Borescope said:
Join the crowd boys, Welcome aboard :up:
[post="300050"][/post]​
The employees at Delta and Northwest thought they were getting screwed before wait till the bankruptcy judge gets done with them. They aint seen nothin yet :down:

Surely this cant be happening. NW would never file for BK now that they have the highly talented PTO and his traveling band of scabs in to save the airline. What was that you kept saying over and over PTO? Oh yeah i remember, Everything is going great, we are doing a great job, etc etc etc.

Way to go PTO you proved your value to us all. 3 weeks on the job and you've drove a company in the ground, Let me be the first to say thanks for a job well done. Just think of how much money NW has saved by not having to pay us REAL mechanics over the last 3 weeks, all you scabs had to do was provide safe reliable travel to the public because everything was running "NORMAL" at NW and you couldnt even do that.

PTO you and your scab buddies are a disgrace to all scabs. Why couldnt you even get this one right? Maybe if you had spent more time learning to service an IDG instead of spewing your company propangda here then you would have saved NW. Looks like Andy Roberts will be out the door soon too, maybe you and him could room together PTO since you'll both be jobless. If you can put up with his whiney limey ass that is.

Oh wait, could PTO really be Andy Roberts? They are both dumbasses, they both think they know it all about unions. They both proclaim NW is running smoothly and "NORMALLY". Do you like to eat spotted dick PTO?

"...Surely this cant be happening. NW would never file for BK now that they have the highly talented PTO and his traveling band of scabs in to save the airline..."

Ummm, that's been NW's plan all along. File BK, trim out the fat in the operations merge with fellow BK partner DL.

"...Just think of how much money NW has saved by not having to pay us REAL mechanics over the last 3 weeks..."

The plan wasn't to save money, it was to burn it faster so they could file before the deadline.

:rolleyes: ?

Raptor said:
This whole industry really sucks, either they replace the workers or cut their pay and benefits or go Bankrupt, theres just no way to win  :down:
in this Industry and I really can't believe people are still going to school to become Mechanics, what could they be thinking, with all the experienced Mechanics out there looking for a job nobody is gonna hire someone right out of school.
Talk about bad career choices  :(

I have got to get out of this business somehow.  :(
[post="300061"][/post]​

This is not really true RAPTOR,

If the entire industry unionized workforce, Pilots, F/A's, Mechanics, and Ground Workers would execute an industry wide strike, not only would Bush's ass pucker, but the BS would stop or their wouldn't be any transportation and movement of commerce, until the bastards met our demands for a change.

There is a way to win. There just isn't any unity or leadership.

problem is, informer, that people in America care more about putting bread on the table than pushing for union's ideals. The America that gives us the freedom to express our minds is the same America where people care first and foremost about themselves and will do something for the group only if it coincides w/ personal agendas.

Every airline employee who has any potential anywhere else in the work world should be finalizing their exit plan from the industry.

NWAMSP,
NW's plan wasn't to burn money faster but it was to eliminate unions. Not sure how this all will play out but I'm certain that DL and NW have both acknowledged that a merged company has no place for unions if it is to succeed. Since DL only has pilots to worry about, it's pretty reasonable to think DL would take them on while NW would take on every other unionized group.

I can't help but think that there is a little vengence going on as well - Delta wants its pilots to pay for the dawdling that DALPA participated in that only hastened DL's bankruptcy filing. DL pilots will pay for the bankruptcy filing in wage cuts and it will be in the hundreds of millions of dollars. By the same token, Delta will take Comair to the cleaners as much as can be done without compressing Comair's position as collateral for DL's DIP financing. At the same time, NW will make the mechanics pay for having to train replacements. The messages to labor are clear and unavoidable. And given the current environment and the power of bankruptcy, DL and NW management will win.

TWU informer said:
This is not really true RAPTOR,

If the entire industry unionized workforce, Pilots, F/A's, Mechanics, and Ground Workers would execute an industry wide strike, not only would Bush's ass pucker, but the BS would stop or their wouldn't be any transportation and movement of commerce, until the bastards met our demands for a change.

There is a way to win. There just isn't any unity or leadership.
[post="300133"][/post]​

I agree. An important point to remember is Air Travel has simply become another form of mass transit.

Basically what we face as airline workers is the same thing that NYC TRansit workers faced only they were on a much smaller scale.

Bush and his administration have declared that they want cheap airfares and high profits, the workers will simply have to accept lower wages to make that happen,(Herman Bonilla June 2001 IRRA Conference Washington DC).

Its not just the passengers either. With todays trend of "lean inventory" many businesses count on aircraft to get stuff they need in a day or less. Fed Ex, UPS etc cant handle it all on their aircraft.

Airline workers dont have to accept paycuts and the sooner we shut the whole thing down the better.

The fact is if we stuck together we would win. This is not 1983. Laid off workers find work, its not like there are enough potential scabs out there to replace us all. As we see NWA is turning on the heat to get their mechanics back. They are doing this despite 18 months of preparation for the strike.If they were doing so well without them then why bother trying to get them back?

NWA wanted 2000 replacements. They only got 1500. So if NWA couldnt even get 2000 then what does that mean for the next carrier that strikes?

The fact is that the Airline Industry will be kept flying, no matter how much of a loss they post. While a few carriers may dissapear as the other ones expand to fill the void those who lose their jobs at one carrier will be picked up by the next.

Amtrack hasnt made a profit in years, nor do we see Amtrack workers losing their pensions or taking paycuts. While the airlines might be showing losses there are a lot of people out there making money as long as we keep showing up for work. Leases, landing fees, rents, fuel, parts, supplies, not to mention the economic stimulous that travel generates. All these people are cashing in on our backs, and our unions are in bed with them!!!!

At the 2001 IRRA conference the key phrase from management and the Bush administration was "unrealistic expectations". What we have been seeing for the last three years is an industrywide effort to diminish our expectations. NWA CEO bragged about how the recession and 9-11 was going to allow them to "reset" the bar. If you go back to the graph on mechanics wages vs CPI you can see how in 2003 the graph assumes the same trajectory that it had prior to the Amfa bump in wages.

Just as the stakeholders of NYC want and need cheap mass transit the Feds want cheap Air travel. Just as in the NYC the contest is who will pay the price? The bondholders and investors (through smaller dividends) or the workers, through smaller pay packages.

The fact is the people can have cheap air travel. But someone has to pay for it. The bond holders, banks and other financial stakeholders in this industry have a lot of power, if we were properly lead, so would we. The problem is that many of the so called union leaders have more of personal stake in line with the banks, bondholders and investors than they do with their members.

Raptor said:
This whole industry really sucks, either they replace the workers or cut their pay and benefits or go Bankrupt, theres just no way to win :down:
Talk about bad career choices :(

I have got to get out of this business somehow. :(
[post="300061"][/post]​

The sanest thing ever posted on any of these bb's!!!!!!!!!! For the "I have got tog et out of this business somehow" I couldnt agree more, MEEEEE TOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts