Nwa In Chapter 11 Early As Wed 9/14

I wonder how much bonuses the mgmt at both NWA and DL will try to get or obtain? At US they are trying once again to get more money after they murdered the employees of their livelyhoods.

chasbatl said:
Surely this cant be happening. NW would never file for BK now that they have the highly talented PTO and his traveling band of scabs in to save the airline. What was that you kept saying over and over PTO? Oh yeah i remember, Everything is going great, we are doing a great job, etc etc etc.

Way to go PTO you proved your value to us all. 3 weeks on the job and you've drove a company in the ground, Let me be the first to say thanks for a job well done. Just think of how much money NW has saved by not having to pay us REAL mechanics over the last 3 weeks, all you scabs had to do was provide safe reliable travel to the public because everything was running "NORMAL" at NW and you couldnt even do that.

PTO you and your scab buddies are a disgrace to all scabs. Why couldnt you even get this one right? Maybe if you had spent more time learning to service an IDG instead of spewing your company propangda here then you would have saved NW. Looks like Andy Roberts will be out the door soon too, maybe you and him could room together PTO since you'll both be jobless. If you can put up with his whiney limey ass that is.

Oh wait, could PTO really be Andy Roberts? They are both dumbasses, they both think they know it all about unions. They both proclaim NW is running smoothly and "NORMALLY". Do you like to eat spotted dick PTO?
[post="300104"][/post]​

How did I miss this? If you knew anything or even paid attention to what is going on around you would have known this was going to happen. I have been saying they were going bk for a while now. Northwest has known it for twenty months now. Do you think a company just wakes up one day and says, "I think we will file for bankruptcy today?" You are absolutely clueless about your company and surroundings. Why don't you go work for your union? Oh yea they are broke. How could you let this happen chas? I guess all the unions need to double their dues.

PlayTheOdds said:
How did I miss this? If you knew anything or even paid attention to what is going on around you would have known this was going to happen. I have been saying they were going bk for a while now. Northwest has known it for twenty months now. Do you think a company just wakes up one day and says, "I think we will file for bankruptcy today?" You are absolutely clueless about your company and surroundings. Why don't you go work for your union? Oh yea they are broke. How could you let this happen chas? I guess all the unions need to double their dues.
[post="301703"][/post]​

PTO your stupidity continues to amazed me. AMFA has stated for the last 2 years that NW was going to file BK. That is one reason we didnt want to give in to the company. Why would any sane person vote for 25% paycuts one day knowing full well that NW was going to file BK and come back for more paycuts. AMFA has said all along that we thought it was best to just let the BK judge decide our paycuts and not let the company hit us twice for them.

I hate to burst your bubble PTO but if you think your the only one who knew this was coming your wrong AGAIN. But im sure your quite use to being WRONG living the SCUM life that you lead. Its already been proven your a spineless coward and now your proving your stupidity as well. Nice job.

chasbatl said:
PTO your stupidity continues to amazed me. AMFA has stated for the last 2 years that NW was going to file BK. That is one reason we didnt want to give in to the company. Why would any sane person vote for 25% paycuts one day knowing full well that NW was going to file BK and come back for more paycuts.

To stay on the inside of the fence where you can fight the company from within. You are powerless on the outside. Isn't it obvious?

AMFA has said all along that we thought it was best to just let the BK judge decide our paycuts and not let the company hit us twice for them.

I hate to burst your bubble PTO but if you think your the only one who knew this was coming your wrong AGAIN. But im sure your quite use to being WRONG living the SCUM life that you lead. Its already been proven your a spineless coward and now your proving your stupidity as well. Nice job.
[post="301708"][/post]​

Let me tell you what is stupid. Your union has no binding contract with Northwest. That means Northwest can hire anyone they want as permanent employees. You went on strike which means there is no furlough protection. Are you with me? Lets just say Northwest needs 1800 mechanics. 1200 scabs become direct employees that only leaves 600 positions open. Now any Joe blow can come in off the street and fill these portions. or the judge can say that Northwest has to fill the empty positions with you guys but I promise you he will not tell Northwest to lay off the scabs so you can come back. If you are waiting for the judge to give you your job back you are more of a fool than I thought.

PlayTheOdds said:
Let me tell you what is stupid. Your union has no binding contract with Northwest. .
[post="301722"][/post]​

And you just keep showing your stupidity PTO. Do you ever research anything before you open your mouth?

Under the Railway Labor Act, once an agreement is consummated between the employee's representative and the carrier, that contract does not expire - it becomes amendable. Section 6 of the RLA is designed to serve as a guide to the parties for reaching agreement on changes to the contract. Thus, the parties are led through various steps - negotiation, mediated settlement, arbitration - any of which can result in amendment of the contract. If all of these bilateral efforts fail, the carrier is permitted to unilaterally impose changes to the agreement.

Prior to 1989, a small minority of courts had suggested that RLA contracts did terminate upon the exhaustion of the Act's procedures. However, the Supreme Court's 1989 decision in TWA v. Flight Attendants (IFFA) put the termination issue to rest and made it clear that the contract continued after completion of the RLA process. The Court determined that the only changes the employer could make to the contract were those that had been the subject of bargaining or truly necessary to maintaining the operation, thereby acknowledging that the employer's option was limited to amending the contract, not terminating it.

Mr. Steenland's statement's, while perhaps reflecting the wishful thinking of management, are inaccurate, at best, and do a disservice to the company's employees to the extent that they may be intended to mislead.

That holds true for a current contract. The contract that amfa had with Northwest expired. It didn't have anything to do with the strike. Northwest asked for concessions at the end of the contract and simply didn't renegotiate a new one with Amfa. Do you not see how this was perfectly timed and orcastrated?

Latest posts