NWA JET AT MCIE?

AMFAMAN

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
FURPVILLE
Would like a confirmation on this post from the-mechanic.

Received: 02/16/06 09:16:29 EST
Name:
E-Mail:
Employer:
There's an nwa jet sittin' in the hangar at American Airlines in Kansas City.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true, what the hell are you guys thinking?

Would like a confirmation on this post from the-mechanic.

Received: 02/16/06 09:16:29 EST
Name:
E-Mail:
Employer:
There's an nwa jet sittin' in the hangar at American Airlines in Kansas City.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true, what the hell are you guys thinking?
If there is a NWA plane there, perhaps it is a lease return and thus no longer in NWA's fleet.

If there is a NWA plane there, perhaps it is a lease return and thus no longer in NWA's fleet.
<_< Yea! There was a NWA MD80 here. Northwest pulled it into our Bay#4 and left the aircraft with a guard, said they'd be right back. The aircraft was there for an engine change.Didn't happen! Well over eight hours later they hadn't shown. When they did, they were told to get their peace of crap out of our hanger and did! Oh by the way, have I mentioned it's been a little cold hear the last few nights! Seems winter has finally caught up with us! :p Now if we can only tell the idiots up stairs to keep Northwest Scabs out of here, we'd all feel better about things!!!!

Just out of curiousity, does the current lease with the City permit AA to deny someone access to a vacant bay? I thought they still maintained partial control over one of the bays, but I might be confusing MCI with another hangar.

Also curious to see that Dennis is retiring the website, yet there's been no mention of it here.

Also curious to see that Dennis is retiring the website, yet there's been no mention of it here.

You must be referencing the-mechanic.com?

Haven't you heard?

We no longer need that website or an AMFA drive, because the TWU is going to get all of our pay and benefits back in April when the "early open" option comes due on the restructuring agreement. :huh:

Just out of curiousity, does the current lease with the City permit AA to deny someone access to a vacant bay? I thought they still maintained partial control over one of the bays, but I might be confusing MCI with another hangar.

<_< Frankly I haven't been one of the few that has read the fine print of the lease! But I was under the assumption that, at present, aa had control of the whole base.Well, that's not completely true. There are parts of Building Two (Our old engine overhaul building)that have been given back to the City, along with our old "CUP" (Central Utilities Plant) and ramp space.

Back