NWA tribute on youtube

Delta has a way of riding the coat tails of some of the world's most pioneering aviators.

May the spirit and heritage that has built Northwest into one of the world's finest airlines last for years and years - and take Delta to levels never imaginable for any airline.

Great video. NWA has a proud tradition to stand on.

I think Delta did an injustice to that heritage when they didn't include portions of the NWA livery in their new corporate identity like America West did with US Airways (the AW swoosh.)

Delta should have kept the red tail and left the blue in the widget. Keep the red NWA tail, the NWA compass and used the traditional widget as the needle.

Again, Northwest has a long and rich heritage that all of you who helped create it should be proud of!

(attachment from http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00009960 )

Attachments

• 00009960.jpg
    00009960.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 296
That swoosh is plain ugly.

I was citing how they honored both airlines when they created the blended livery.

They don't serve my local airport, so I have never seen the revised USAirways livery in person...only photos. In photos, it doesn't look too bad...but I can't be fair with a thumbs up or thumbs down without seeing it in person.

Delta should have kept the red tail and left the blue in the widget. Keep the red NWA tail, the NWA compass and used the traditional widget as the needle.

(attachment from http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00009960 )

I was disappointed by that too. No disrespect to DL, but NW does have a richer heritage, IMHO. They were crossing the Pacific while DL still hopping from Dothan, AL to New Orleans.
Just kidding, DL folks! :)

I was disappointed by that too. No disrespect to DL, but NW does have a richer heritage, IMHO. They were crossing the Pacific while DL still hopping from Dothan, AL to New Orleans.
Just kidding, DL folks! :)

I know you're joking around with your jab, but I do agree with you that I think in the long run, NW's past does have a far greater reach to it.

I heard a NW counter agent respond to a passenger who said "So, you're Delta now, no more Northwest" with "No, I will NEVER be Delta." I thought to myself, lady, that's not what your marquis, your name tag and lanyard says. Needless to say, she's not supportive of the "merger."

But I do agree that, IMHO2, NW does have a richer heritage in the long run. And it does seem that any reference to them is being slowly eliminated...so I can understand her feelings, to a point.

And like I already said in my original post on this thread. Those of you who made NW what it "is," you have reason to be proud of your accomplishments.

Latest posts

Back