Cool TWA video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Bad; but this one is a real tear jerker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QUuy242KE

Not that I'm into this sort of thing, but really. AA's livery is like something off of some Washington DC bureaucrat's desk, no international flavour at all. A soaring Eagle and softer AA, would be more appealing.

TWA's globe logo was just behind PanAm globe in world-wide recognition, which was at one time just behind Coca-Cola's, still the world's greatest logo to date.

Today's Coca-Cola logo is probably worth more than AMR itself, certainly billions.

Life goes on.

Nice video but no Martin 202/404? An airplane that has been all but forgotten.
<_< ---- The boys here at KCI, down town, airport have one. (Martin 404) and the Connie, and DC-3! All in TWA colors! And are might even get an exTWA L1011.------ But they have to negotiate the release of the Aircraft from the "little green men" (FAA) from Roswell, New Mexico, where the Aircraft has been in storage, in hanger 13! :unsure:

<_< ----And are might even get an exTWA L1011.------ But they have to negotiate the release of the Aircraft from the "little green men" (FAA) from Roswell, New Mexico, where the Aircraft has been in storage, in hanger 13! :unsure:

Have they still not gotten that aircraft released for the ferry flight? I seem to recall it was originally scheduled right around Memorial Day.

That will be a great addition to the collection.

Kind of confused on the holdup....I mean it's not like there are (to my knowledge) any other Connies flying around...and last I checked they were still flying that bird around to various airshows.

Have they still not gotten that aircraft released for the ferry flight? I seem to recall it was originally scheduled right around Memorial Day.

That will be a great addition to the collection.

Kind of confused on the holdup....I mean it's not like there are (to my knowledge) any other Connies flying around...and last I checked they were still flying that bird around to various air shows.
<_< ---- I really don't know what the hold up is all about, it has to do with the fact that the Aircraft has been on the ground for so long, needs curtain special checks before being released. Can't be that bad, it would only take about, maybe, an hour and a half to fly from Roswell to Kansas City. Once here they plan on salvaging the engines, so the Aircraft would be permanently grounded. ------- An L1011 has never flown into the Downtown Airport, but if they can get Air Force One into it, that shouldn't a problem!------ The Connie is, or was, the only "Airworthy" one left. But has to be recurtified. They lost a couple engines, which are pretty expensive, and have a new one on now, and from what I hear are getting ready to fly the Air show circuit. -------I'll have to take a drive down there and see what's going on!

from wiki:
Runways
Direction Length Surface
ft m
1/19 7,002 2,134 Concrete
3/21 5,050 1,539 Asphalt

Getting heavy metal in should be no problem. 707s flew in and out of there back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back