NW's cash is unacceptably low and heading lower

I said it before and I'll say it again, the scabs working the maintaince will be in for a rude awakening when mgmt tells them they are taking money and benes cuts. IT WILL HAPPEN. Just look at what USAIR mgmt did to us. But in the scabs case, they wont need a judge to terminate any part of the contract for maintaince

robbed, you know nothing of the contract industry. There is no such thing as a rude awakening, we simply ride the waves, where you guys continuously fight them. Contractors have an uncanny sense that tells them when a contract is short. He will be on the phone and is gone on another job before the company even announces the layoffs. No judge is required, if there is no work there is nothing to fight for.

when the judge is involved, it is because the unions are standing up to mgmt. you have absolutely no clue because you are the most anti union person this board has ever heard. these employees that ignorant people like you and your scabs replaced had jobs for 20 or more years and all they were doing was trying to make a living via the union contract they had. You will NEVER EVER understand the CONTRACT ISSUES until YOU join a UNION and find out what the hell happens when MGMT is ripping it apart and they then take on bonuses and triple digit numbers. what a hard headed scab you are

• Banned
Airbus and PW are only interested in continuing to build planes and engines for NW and keeping the ones already placed flying. They will not let NW fail if there is any hope of keeping it alive, even if it means facilitating a merger w/ someone else who is willing to keep NW's Airbus/Pratt equipment flying.

A question please.

Does someone know how many 757's(200 + 300) and 747-400's NW currently operates,
and
What Type of engines(GE/PW/RR) are on these NW birds ??

Thanx.

NH/BB's

yesterday a NW B-757 made a stop at ABE. I was just wondering if it was the 300 or the 200 series and why did it stop in ABE and where was it going? it was a fuel and go. it came in the 3p hr and left about 4 or a bit earlier/later.

Airbus and Pratt does indeed have a viable interest in Northwests survival. Even though they are not going to inter into a billion plus dollar deal if they do not feel that Northwest can pull it off.

Airbus and Pratt does indeed have a viable interest in Northwests survival. Even though they are not going to inter into a billion plus dollar deal if they do not feel that Northwest can pull it off.
Wrong again 'Cods, they hope Scab Air can pull it off. Many think Dougie Stealin' will fail, and rightly so. Get ready to bend over 'Cods, its coming. :D

yesterday a NW B-757 made a stop at ABE. I was just wondering if it was the 300 or the 200 series and why did it stop in ABE and where was it going? it was a fuel and go. it came in the 3p hr and left about 4 or a bit earlier/later.

Robbed--

It was a 200 series.

It was diverted due to ATC ( & ground stop) issues at LGA; it's usual routing is MKE-DTW-LGA.

Airbus and PW are only interested in continuing to build planes and engines for NW and keeping the ones already placed flying. They will not let NW fail if there is any hope of keeping it alive, even if it means facilitating a merger w/ someone else who is willing to keep NW's Airbus/Pratt equipment flying.

Is there anything keeping airbus, pratt or any other party interested in maintaining leases and payments from NW from talking directly to other airlines to facilitate a business plan that could result in a purchase or a U/HP style merger?

Let's say major secured creditors of NW could be talking to LCC's Doug Parker to put together a proposal or float the idea to other parties interested in financing a combo.

Could this be improper, considering the interests or unsecured creditors and other parties? Or is all fair in love and bankruptcy?

Is there anything keeping airbus, pratt or any other party interested in maintaining leases and payments from NW from talking directly to other airlines to facilitate a business plan that could result in a purchase or a U/HP style merger?

Let's say major secured creditors of NW could be talking to LCC's Doug Parker to put together a proposal or float the idea to other parties interested in financing a combo.

Could this be improper, considering the interests or unsecured creditors and other parties? Or is all fair in love and bankruptcy?
It is improper for the creditors--secured or otherwise--to involve themselves in direct operations of the bankrupt company (which talking with outside parties about a merger/purchase of the bk co. would be) unless the court has given them direct oversight. This usually happens only if the company management has taken previous action which is a serious detriment to the interests of the secured creditors--like owing $5 million and granting $6 million in exec bonusses. Even then, the creditors would probably have to petition the court for this oversight. Technically, they have this oversight, but it's once removed with the bk judge in between the creditors and the company. They can object to mgt. actions, but da judge has the final say.

Besides, if the company management is already talking merger with another party--let's say LCC--it would be to LCC's advantage to play the creditors and the management against each other to get the best deal. Classic "too many cooks will spoil the broth" situation.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm wondering, then, how all of LCC's creditors got together. Did they all get a notification from old U management or old HP management?

Or did any of them plant an idea in executive's minds about what kind of business plan they'd like to finance?

I guess Airbus/Pratt or others that want to keep their equipment under lease could talk to LCC or NW management about 'scenarios.'

On the other hand, the window may be closing for these deals, if the creditors believe they are better off with the equipment to place elsewhere.

But it seems that these creditors have been disinclined to experience disruption. Has that attitude really changed?

I said it before and I'll say it again, the scabs working the maintaince will be in for a rude awakening when mgmt tells them they are taking money and benes cuts. IT WILL HAPPEN. Just look at what USAIR mgmt did to us. But in the scabs case, they wont need a judge to terminate any part of the contract for maintaince
To be fair, you may be quite right in NWA reducing pay even further. this is all uncharted waters here, and only a fool would believe they cannot be replaced..with, or with out a union. If and when that happens, there wil be a threshold reached that, at least from the contractor side, will result in tool boxes being loaded, 2 or 3 phone calls made, and, probably within an hour or two, a movement to the next contract. No harm, no foul, call me when you can afford me. I wont hold it against them one way or the other.

Back