Ny Times Scab Interview 8/24

Buck said:
I would say that the union busting started with the TWU B-scale....
[post="292320"][/post]​
i think the whole union busting thing began when union members for whatever reason couldn't find the time or inclination to participate in and try and control their own futures.
so along came these college boys and bingo,we're in decline and whining due to our own actions. :down:

keeptheodds said:
A precedent has been set.
[post="292260"][/post]​
Not necessarily. In my view, the problem is that when AMFA got the big raises for the NW AMTs, they let a big hole remain in terms of outsourcing. This allowed NW to permanently replace 50% of their workforce long before the strike even started thus reducing AMFA's leverage. Then NW started to plan on how to replace those who remained; we now see the results of that planning. NW knew that AMFA would never agree to another 50% reduction of jobs, a 26% paycut, and the eventual elimination of the 2,500 jobs that remained through those people retiring and not being replaced. NW wanted them to walk in the worst way.

All the other unions at the other airlines need agressively guard their scope clauses.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Keep up the posting KTO. Your the best public relations nightmare NWA has ever had. Several links to this website have been posted at several Travel websites on the internet. The more stupid and idiotic posts you make KTO,the more NWA customers are fleeing to safer and more reliable airlines. Why should they take a chance dying on SCAB maintained NWA?
[post="292277"][/post]​

You are so lovely when your mad Princess. I'm just a lowly bored scab locked in a room waiting for the next shift.

aafsc said:
Not necessarily. In my view, the problem is that when AMFA got the big raises for the NW AMTs, they let a big hole remain in terms of outsourcing. This allowed NW to permanently replace 50% of their workforce long before the strike even started thus reducing AMFA's leverage. Then NW started to plan on how to replace those who remained; we now see the results of that planning. NW knew that AMFA would never agree to another 50% reduction of jobs, a 26% paycut, and the eventual elimination of the 2,500 jobs that remained through those people retiring and not being replaced. NW wanted them to walk in the worst way.

All the other unions at the other airlines need agressively guard their scope clauses.
[post="292389"][/post]​

Proof of concept has been established. Both sides will learn from this and both sides will have to continually adjust strategies. Each side will get better at playing the game. We are in for a very interesting future.

keeptheodds said:
I'm just a lowly bored scab locked in a room waiting for the next shift.
[post="292395"][/post]​

Just curious when you actually DO work? You've posted on here at 645am/1pm/10pm/1130pm/130am. Are you on call or what? Different people playing games using the same name? You stated you were off on the weekend, now during the week too? :ph34r: :shock:

tadjr said:
Just curious when you actually DO work? You've posted on here at 645am/1pm/10pm/1130pm/130am. Are you on call or what? Different people playing games using the same name? You stated you were off on the weekend, now during the week too? :ph34r: :shock:
[post="292400"][/post]​

I did this while I was on and off work but I have a feeling NW is looking for me now. So I have to be a lot more discreet. There is reasoning behind the erratic posts. It is just I. There are about 2 people who know who I am.

FA Mikey said:
Sorry you were not there until after the real employees walked out. Anything you say you saw is after the fact and if possibly true, could have been done by anyone including the the temp goons.
[post="292222"][/post]​

Perhaps, but I'd heard reports of this on Friday from some of the AA managers in various cities, and that was before the replacements arrived, so there was definitely some "scorched earth" tactics going on, whether they were union sanctioned or not.

keeptheodds said:
I did this while I was on and off work but I have a feeling NW is looking for me now. So I have to be a lot more discreet. There is reasoning behind the erratic posts. It is just I. There are about 2 people who know who I am.
[post="292404"][/post]​
Those two people who know you would'nt happen to be those same two ghost partners in your successful real estate enterprise now would they? :blink:

KTO,

You eventually reap what you sow. You are a despicable individual lacking even the slightest shred of decency. Just enjoy your smug little self for now. For one day you will be exposed and your just rewards meted out to you.....RAT BASTARD SCAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-TRONS said:
KTO,

You eventually reap what you sow. You are a despicable individual lacking even the slightest shred of decency. Just enjoy your smug little self for now. For one day you will be exposed and your just rewards meted out to you.....RAT BASTARD SCAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="292546"][/post]​
Hey E-TRONS !! Don't Sugar Coat it. Tell us how you REALLY feel !!! :up: Right On Brutha !!

tadjr said:
Just curious when you actually DO work? You've posted on here at 645am/1pm/10pm/1130pm/130am. Are you on call or what? Different people playing games using the same name? You stated you were off on the weekend, now during the week too?  :ph34r:  :shock:
[post="292400"][/post]​
<_< For one, he's NOT a mechanic!!! He didn't know what a AMT was! Had to be educated!!!I'de say he's just a Management type, trying to suck up to his boss!!Which in this case is lower than a Scab!!!! :down:

MCI transplant said:
<_< For one, he's NOT a mechanic!!! He didn't know what a AMT was! Had to be educated!!!I'de say he's just a Management type, trying to suck up to his boss!!Which in this case is lower than a Scab!!!! :down:
[post="292663"][/post]​

I have never worked line maintenance. At MRO's you are either A&P or sheetmetal. Get a grip fellas. Also at a MRO you don’t have to be an A&P to work as an A&P. The same goes for sheetmetal. Some places call sheetmetal guys structure guys. I guess it depends on where you’re at in the country. I was just wondering what the requirements to be a AMT were. To sign on for this contract you have to be a certified A&P. Does the same hold for an AMT?

aafsc said:
[post="292389"][/post]​

You're exactly right. I am sitting here shaking my head in amazement that union mechanics laid off from other airlines would stoop so low as to cross a picket line. Especially former UAL AMFA-represented mechanics. Talk about undermining one's own profession and betraying one's fellow industry brethen. I would expect this sort of behavior from some green-card carrying immigrant happy to work for any wage that beats the third-world wages back in their home country, but not from a former union-represented middle-class American worker. Unbelievable... :down:

JAMAKE1 said:
You're exactly right. I am sitting here shaking my head in amazement that union mechanics laid off from other airlines would stoop so low as to cross a picket line. Especially former UAL AMFA-represented mechanics. Talk about undermining one's own profession and betraying one's fellow industry brethen. I would expect this sort of behavior from some green-card carrying immigrant happy to work for any wage that beats the third-world wages back in their home country, but not from a former union-represented middle-class American worker. Unbelievable... :down:
[post="292688"][/post]​

What good did AMFA do for them in the first place? The way they see it is "What do I have to loose." They don’t believe in the mystical union blacklist either.

Latest posts