Obama Scandals

Were any of them capable of providing that "smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud"? What's your source that WMD's were found? Most of the "hits" I find are from very right wing sites...one even said
The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
...Hmmm the Gulf war. Last time I heard a confilct in that region referred to as "the Gulf War", was 1991 - 20 years ago.

What excuse are you going to use, once BaRack has surpassed Bush ?

"72% of U.S. Casualities in Afghan War Under Obama's Watch"

For the total 2,053 fallen troops in Afghanistan since the United States began military operations in October 2001, 1,484 have died during the Obama administration, meaning approximately 72 percent of U.S. casualties in Afghanistan have occurred during President Obama’s first term.
http://cnsnews.com/n...er-obamas-watch

I know.....................the Taliban are racist !

Do you think that the outcome would have been better had the US just dropped everything on Jan 20, 2008 and left Afghanistan. The US did invade Afghanistan it it would seem that if you go in somewhere you have an obligation to complete what you started. We did manage to draw down from Iraq (I don't think it will go very well but that ship has sailed) and eventually we will draw down in Afghanistan. Had The US committed to Afghanistan and followed through with it instead of getting distracted with Iraq, Afghanistan might have already been relegated to the history books. Elections do not create a clean slate. Should a republican win the WH in 2016, the republicans will be blaming Obama (and rightly so in several cases) for what ever occurs during their administration. Just because there is a new occupant at the WH at any given time does not mean that the previous xx years did not happen. I seem to recall quite a few republicans blaming Clinton for nearly everything when Bush was in office. The loudest blame was regarding OBL and not taking him out when an opportunity supposedly arose. Clinton was blamed for both wars for quite some time.

Reactions: 4 people
Excuses, excuses ! Will BaRack "EVER" take responsibility for anything? Before he threw his political machine, Main Stream Media, under the bus, I would have doubted it!

Did Bush accept responsibility for anything? Clinton? Bush? Reagan? Carter? Nixon? Someone may have accepted responsibility for something they screwed up while in office but I sure as heck can't recall an incident.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow...confronted with just a couple of facts you shift direction.

Shift direction ? Really ? Last time I checked this topic was about "OBAMA SCADALS"!
Why are we talking about Bush? Have you un-earthed some evidence that Bush is involved with the IRS/AP/Benghazi-Gate Scandals !

Like I said, When Libtards Demorats are confronted with issues they have no anwsers for , they're taught to revert to the Bush/Racist handbook !

Reactions: 1 person
Were any of them capable of providing that "smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud"? What's your source that WMD's were found? Most of the "hits" I find are from very right wing sites...one even said ...Hmmm the Gulf war. Last time I heard a confilct in that region referred to as "the Gulf War", was 1991 - 20 years ago.

Next time try DOD, it worked for me....

Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.
"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.
This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.
"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic," he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."
Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."
"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not document the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."
The Defense Intelligence Agency director said locating and disposing of chemical weapons in Iraq is one of the most important tasks servicemembers in the country perform.
Maples added searches are ongoing for chemical weapons beyond those being conducted solely for force protection.
There has been a call for a complete declassification of the National Ground Intelligence Center's report on WMD in Iraq. Maples said he believes the director of national intelligence is still considering this option, and has asked Maples to look into producing an unclassified paper addressing the subject matter in the center's report.
Much of the classified matter was slated for discussion in a closed forum after the open hearings this morning.

Oh....so that depended on what the definition of "is" is. Got it. Well worth 5,000 American soldiers lives.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.

Oh....so that depended on what the definition of "is" is. Got it. Well worth 5,000 American soldiers lives.

You failed to include the next sentence....why is that, KC?

While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.

Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."

"The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."

So now its you changing the subject....maybe you owe SW an apology?

Did Bush accept responsibility for anything? Clinton? Bush? Reagan? Carter? Nixon? Someone may have accepted responsibility for something they screwed up while in office but I sure as heck can't recall an incident.

Go figure, Sparky........

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On the eve of Iraq's historic election, President Bush took responsibility Wednesday for "wrong" intelligence that led to the war, but he said removing Saddam Hussein was still necessary.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Tuesday he takes responsibility for the federal government's failures in responding to Hurricane Katrina.

Bush accepts responsibility for 'mistakes'
By David Jackson, USA TODAY

You failed to include the next sentence....why is that, KC?

So now its you changing the subject....maybe you owe SW an apology?
Nope....it's that "could be". You know, we discovered in Boston that a pressure cooker "could be" used by terrorists. What they found, as much as it "could have" done anything wasn't worth 5,000 American lives. Sorry I mean....they point to Sarin gas from 1991....not the same as 20 year old Sarin gas and they admit that themselves, but spin it with "but it's still toxic". Just like a musket from 1776 could still prove deadly, but most likely wouldn't have been the weapon of choice in a school shooting.

Nope....it's that "could be". You know, we discovered in Boston that a pressure cooker "could be" used by terrorists. What they found, as much as it "could have" done anything wasn't worth 5,000 American lives. Sorry I mean....they point to Sarin gas from 1991....not the same as 20 year old Sarin gas and they admit that themselves, but spin it with "but it's still toxic". Just like a musket from 1776 could still prove deadly, but most likely wouldn't have been the weapon of choice in a school shooting.

KC, they said in their current condition they couldn't be used...they are artillery shells....means they couldn't be fired and expect to work.

BUT the chemicals inside can and could be removed and used by INSURGENTS.....aka the local Iraqi chapter of bad guys......and that was mentioned.

Now its you who is twisting and turning and changing the subject.

KC, they said in their current condition they couldn't be used...they are artillery shells....means they couldn't be fired and expect to work.

BUT the chemicals inside can and could be removed and used by INSURGENTS.....aka the local Iraqi chapter of bad guys......and that was mentioned.

Now its you who is twisting and turning and changing the subject.

This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.
"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic," he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."

Stab someone long enough with a butter knife and they could die too.

Stab someone long enough with a butter knife and they could die too.

Well maybe you should volunteer your services and go stick your head in some of those recovered munitions and tell us if it still works.

When do we start to discuss the 1500+ lives, lost in Afghanistan and the 4 lost in Benghazi, that happened under "BARACK'S" watch, since your so insistant about talking lost lives !

Reactions: 1 person
About 1/5 of those lost under Bush. Your point?

d6c8ea14447ab600dcc7b1782d60_Thumbnail.jpg

What difference at this point does it make?