Obamas' "free choice act"

My Honda probably has more American content in it than the last Chrysler I bought, which apparently had a Canadian engine and was assembled in Mexico.

It's also never been recalled, and has only needed regular service...

The UAW is digging their own grave. Statistics showing that their overall pay/benefits are $78 vs. $48 for the Saturn/Honda/Toyota/Nissan workers in the US doing the same job (better) aren't helping their case. Nor are their public statements asking for a bailout but offering nothing in return.

The result? Public opinion (the thing which gets Congress-critters re-elected) is so far against the bailout that they don't dare offer anything right now. And I don't think they will after the Appointed One is inaugurated.

No, I suspect the UAW will be the first of many (labor and white collar alike) who wind up sacrificed at the Altar of Progressiveness and Wealth-Sharing.

Not to be picky but Saturn really no longer exists, at least in it's previous form. Their cars are no longer built in Springhill, TN. The AURA is produced in Kansas City, the Astra in Belgium, the Sky in Delaware, the Outlook in Michigan and the VUE in Mexico. Basically Satrun is just another plain Jane division of GM. Which is a shame becasue they built a good car when everything was built in Springhill.

I have over a 100K on my Saturn and it still runs great. In fact I'll put it up against anything in that model year from Toyota or Honda. Good mileage, reliable and I don't have to worry about rust.

On the contrary the EFCA as it is written is the most un-democratic piece of legislation. Since when has the democratic process ever subject its voters to reveal who they voted publicly? Subjecting the voter to intimidation by both sides?

Its hypocrite that the dems want this passed but at the same time held secret ballot for the recent Lieberman Vote.

MODERATOR NOTE: Posting entire articles is not allowed as it can be a violation of copyright law. Posting a link with a fair use excerpt is fine.

Dapoes,
have you ever wondered WHO see's the cards that are signed to petition a union . YES that's right

your management of YOUR company has to GO through each card and VERIFY employment . SO guess WHO

gets put on the hit list for discipline and or termination and INTIMATION from management even BEFORE YOU

have union representations. Get the picture . Don't worry about BIG brother .. worry about BIG MANAGEMENT
knowing how you voted.. and you want to call that democracy . PAlease

Dapoes,
have you ever wondered WHO see's the cards that are signed to petition a union . YES that's right

your management of YOUR company has to GO through each card and VERIFY employment . SO guess WHO

gets put on the hit list for discipline and or termination and INTIMATION from management even BEFORE YOU

have union representations. Get the picture . Don't worry about BIG brother .. worry about BIG MANAGEMENT

I understand what you are trying to say, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the EFCA is the most un-democratic piece of legislation there is. But it is somehow ok for those same Democratic policy makers to hold "secret ballot" elections to insulate them from their peers. Hippocrates at their best! :down:

My Honda probably has more American content in it than the last Chrysler I bought, which apparently had a Canadian engine and was assembled in Mexico.

It's also never been recalled, and has only needed regular service...

The UAW is digging their own grave. Statistics showing that their overall pay/benefits are $78 vs. $48 for the Saturn/Honda/Toyota/Nissan workers in the US doing the same job (better) aren't helping their case. Nor are their public statements asking for a bailout but offering nothing in return.

The result? Public opinion (the thing which gets Congress-critters re-elected) is so far against the bailout that they don't dare offer anything right now. And I don't think they will after the Appointed One is inaugurated.

No, I suspect the UAW will be the first of many (labor and white collar alike) who wind up sacrificed at the Altar of Progressiveness and Wealth-Sharing.

I agree, case in point: Honda

The UAW has been trying in earnest to crack into the Birmingham Honda facility for years but have failed. Honda has not had any layoffs for 30 years according to September 2007, news article.

How many layoffs has happen under UAW? Thousands.

And when a letter stating such was sent to the union, the UAW cried "Intimidation", much like how AFA whimpered about DAL after failing miserably this past may.

And it gets even better:

At a Freightliner facility in Gaffney South Carolina UAW militants threatened employee Mike Ivey that “things are gonna get uglyâ€￾ if he didn’t stop opposing UAW organizers. In another case the UAW was forced to settle a lawsuit filed against it for its role in a violence campaign against workers at a Virginia plant who refused to walk off the job during a union-ordered strike. A lawsuit in that case charged several union militants with civil conspiracy and other counts for making death threats, shooting out windows, sending obscene mail, acts of stalking,

QUOTE (orioleman @ Nov 20 2008, 08:02 PM) *
Dapoes,

I understand what you are trying to say...

In other words...I understand what you are saying, but we need to know who to persecute for wanting to destroy my company by bringing in a union.

I agree, case in point: Honda

The UAW has been trying in earnest to crack into the Birmingham Honda facility for years but have failed. Honda has not had any layoffs for 30 years according to September 2007, news article.

How many layoffs has happen under UAW? Thousands.

And when a letter stating such was sent to the union, the UAW cried "Intimidation", much like how AFA whimpered about DAL after failing miserably this past may.

And it gets even better:

At a Freightliner facility in Gaffney South Carolina UAW militants threatened employee Mike Ivey that “things are gonna get uglyâ€￾ if he didn’t stop opposing UAW organizers.

Thank you for posting a quote from a blog form the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation.

The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation is a non-profit organization providing free legal aid to thousands of employees nationwide whose human and civil rights have been violated by compulsory unionism abuses.
:lol:

Look here

Now we know who you represent.

Thank you for posting a quote from a blog form the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation.

:lol:

Look here

Now we know who you represent.

I guess you conveniently missed the article from the Birmingham Newspaper right? :lol:
Yes forgive me, the UAW are angels from heaven that has been placed on this earth to save the auto industry. :blink:

I guess you conveniently missed the article from the Birmingham Newspaper right? :lol:
Yes forgive me, the UAW are angels from heaven that has been placed on this earth to save the auto industry. :blink:
I see you chose to not defend the NRTW movement whose policies you have been so ardently representing here.

Thank you for your glaring omission.

Please show me where I defended the UAW in my post.

I will be waiting.

I see you chose to not defend the NRTW movement that you have been so ardently representing here.

Thank you for your glaring omission.

Please show me where I defended the UAW in my post.

I will be waiting.

No fine sir, Thank you for your glaring omission. You have to be either drunk or just plain stupid.

To those who think the proposed law is undemocratic. By
definition you are correct. In other words democracy is
founded on fair elections and this would not be a fair
election. So how bout this idea. Elect a govt. commission
that would be in charge of going around to every large
company in the US and holding a secret ballot election
to see if they want a union. OK now how much are you
for the secret ballot or an open ballot for that matter.
Now who's being undemocratic?

The point is that the "democracy" of this law is IMO moot.
The real question is how much influence or lack of influence
you want unions to have. And that get's into deep philosophical
issues, some of which have been alluded to here. Or you
may be thinking from a purely self interest view point. All I can
say is I believe the time has come for American unions to take
a new and stronger position in the political landscape. I also
believe that there is plenty of room for reform within the union
system. US FS has just gotten through dealing with an union
leader who had lost touch with the membership. He had assumed
a possition of autonomy and power, and in the end we voted him
out.

Thanks BF