October Obamacare Numbers are Out

Dog Wonder said:
Waiting for things to go bad has worked out well for you?

Just think, yourself and all your loved ones will soon reap the benefits of our newly designed from bottom to top US healthcare system that saves you money but costs more.
With the roll out a blazing success, people are lining up already to have the government fix whatever is up their ass.

Dog Wonder said:
Is it always some one else's fault you are miserable?
I will take that a No you can't say anything good about the current state of obamacare.

thanks anyway

And we'll all take it that, as usual, your barely capable of putting together one sentence and that it never has any bearing on the topic!

However, A citizen of the Republic should be able to spend THEIR hard earned money how ever they choose.

WITHOUT, being extorted or coerced under Penalty of law to spend money on a product or service they may not wish to purchase at any price.

ObamaCare is no different morally then a mafia protection racket except it's likely less efficient.

Do we let them die when this individual needs medical attention that they did not think they would need and cannot afford the medical attention that they now need?  Does the rest of society pick up the tab like we have been doing in the past?

Protection racket?  The government is going to make you become sick if you do not buy insurance?

The odds are against you if you are betting on the fact that you will not need medical care with in your life time.

Long term care odds

Odds of going to the hospital

The odds are at some point in your life you will be going to the hospital.  My brother in law needed double valve replacement to the tune of $1,000,000,000.  Might have been more but my sister stopped adding up the bills.  Were it not for AARP he might not have received the care and if he did he definitely would have defaulted on the bills.  Friends of ours had triplets and they were preemies.  They needed hospital care for the first several months and several surgeries for one of the infants.  Their bill turned out to cost in excess of $1.4 million.  My father fell several years ago and messed up his back and broke his ankle.  Needed several surgeries to correct the injuries.  He fell again a few years ago and snapped his femur.  Had to have a plate with several screws placed in his leg.  Ended up one of the screws broke (I think it was doctor error).  My father had the plate and screws removed at his own expense.  Hospital said it was my fathers fault they broke.  You ever try and break a titanium screw with your bare hands?  Yea right.  Any way that surgery and assisted living care afterward ran over $50k.  My mother was diagnosed with a rare blood disease 7 years ago.  Needed hospitalization, dialysis and very expensive drugs.  I had two hernias each of which cost over $15k before insurance.  

Odds are you will need health care of the course of your life and given the current health care in this country it will be very very costly and the average person will not be able to afford it.  

The idea of universal health care is very simple.  Not everyone will need care all the time.  If everyone pays in then there are adequate funds to pay for the care for those who need it.  Everyone will have coverage for when they do need care and everyone will be able to have affordable preventative care to help prevent small issues from becoming major ones.

I am in favor of a single payer plan just like every other major economic power on this planet has.  If you think that violates your rights then so be it.  I  have no interest in paying for your care just because you think you are bullet proof. 

I think it would be interesting to ask the people who are not willing to buy insurance if they would sign a contract accepting full responsibility and agree to die if they cannot come up with the funds to pay for their care.  Attached to that contract would be the price list of average procedures, accident costs ... etc.  Willing to bet that when you put it that way that a whole lot of people will sign up right then and there.  

It's no wonder that people are not signing up for ACA.  They know that if they don't they will still get health care.  There is no risk.  Hospitals will not turn away patients.  If the patient cant pay the hospital will eat the cost and pass it along.  

The cost needs to be assessed as part of the income tax.  Everyone gets enrolled at a basic plan.  If you want more you can elect to increase your payments but this BS where people are given a choice to sign up and are only assessed a small penalty if they don't if the dumbest idea since the pet rock.

Ms Tree said:
Do we let them die when this individual needs medical attention that they did not think they would need and cannot afford the medical attention that they now need?  Does the rest of society pick up the tab like we have been doing in the past?

Protection racket?  The government is going to make you become sick if you do not buy insurance?

The odds are against you if you are betting on the fact that you will not need medical care with in your life time.

Long term care odds

The odds are at some point in your life you will be going to the hospital.  My brother in law needed double valve replacement to the tune of $1,000,000,000.  Might have been more but my sister stopped adding up the bills.  Were it not for AARP he might not have received the care and if he did he definitely would have defaulted on the bills.  Friends of ours had triplets and they were preemies.  They needed hospital care for the first several months and several surgeries for one of the infants.  Their bill turned out to cost in excess of $1.4 million.  My father fell several years ago and messed up his back and broke his ankle.  Needed several surgeries to correct the injuries.  He fell again a few years ago and snapped his femur.  Had to have a plate with several screws placed in his leg.  Ended up one of the screws broke (I think it was doctor error).  My father had the plate and screws removed at his own expense.  Hospital said it was my fathers fault they broke.  You ever try and break a titanium screw with your bare hands?  Yea right.  Any way that surgery and assisted living care afterward ran over $50k.  My mother was diagnosed with a rare blood disease 7 years ago.  Needed hospitalization, dialysis and very expensive drugs.  I had two hernias each of which cost over $15k before insurance.  

Odds are you will need health care of the course of your life and given the current health care in this country it will be very very costly and the average person will not be able to afford it.  

The idea of universal health care is very simple.  Not everyone will need care all the time.  If everyone pays in then there are adequate funds to pay for the care for those who need it.  Everyone will have coverage for when they do need care and everyone will be able to have affordable preventative care to help prevent small issues from becoming major ones.

I am in favor of a single payer plan just like every other major economic power on this planet has.  If you think that violates your rights then so be it.  I  have no interest in paying for your care just because you think you are bullet proof. 

I think it would be interesting to ask the people who are not willing to buy insurance if they would sign a contract accepting full responsibility and agree to die if they cannot come up with the funds to pay for their care.  Attached to that contract would be the price list of average procedures, accident costs ... etc.  Willing to bet that when you put it that way that a whole lot of people will sign up right then and there.  

It's no wonder that people are not signing up for ACA.  They know that if they don't they will still get health care.  There is no risk.  Hospitals will not turn away patients.  If the patient cant pay the hospital will eat the cost and pass it along.  

The cost needs to be assessed as part of the income tax.  Everyone gets enrolled at a basic plan.  If you want more you can elect to increase your payments but this BS where people are given a choice to sign up and are only assessed a small penalty if they don't if the dumbest idea since the pet rock.

You forgot the part about older people needing more and more care but contributing into the kitty less and less. Which necessitates a long hard look into where the money and procedures are best spent.

Reactions: 2 people
Lebowskei said:
 Sorry yet?

Um, excuse me, I had The Dude avatar long before you showed up, pardner...

eolesen said:
Short stat:  24 people enrollments per day per state managed by Healthcare.gov.....

The states have only themselves to blame for not starting up and operating their own exchanges like they could have. You know, states rights and all….. I thought we were for that….

E, I adore you when you post about airline biz stuff, but when you talk politics, you're a lot harder to love

Let's all keep in mind that this entire market-based healthcare system was a republican solution from the '90z that the dems compromised on. Shows where compromise gets you, I guess

Reactions: 1 person
AdAstraPerAspera said:
Let's all keep in mind that this entire market-based healthcare system was a republican solution from the '90z that the dems compromised on. Shows where compromise gets you, I guess

Progressives have been trying to implement this and failing since the early 1900's when HC insurance then too was market based. Looks like they screwed the pooch once again.

Ms Tree said:

Long term care odds

With your new Obamascare 'standard' packages you will spend around $10 grand even before you get the privilege of a copay so how is this any form of manna from heaven?

delldude said:

Progressives have been trying to implement this and failing since the early 1900's when HC insurance then too was market based. Looks like they screwed the pooch once again.
 Doesn't change the fact that you would have supported this effort if this were still 1993 and this effort was proposed by the Republican-controlled congress as an alternative to what was then-termed "Hillarycare" and you know it.