Operation Recovery

USA320Pilot said:
Doc:

Your attitdue on this board speaks volumes about yourself. Why don't you show some courage and resign from US Airways or at least take the buy out. It's clear you're not a team player.

In regard to the IAM attorney's, they better be getting their defendent suits on because I understand they're in for a big surprise. It's one thing to upset the company, it's another thing to upset the federal government.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="233364"][/post]​

What an arrogant comment!

USA320Pilot said:
Doc:

Your attitdue on this board speaks volumes about yourself. Why don't you show some courage and resign from US Airways or at least take the buy out. It's clear you're not a team player.

In regard to the IAM attorney's, they better be getting their defendent suits on because I understand they're in for a big surprise. It's one thing to upset the company, it's another thing to upset the federal government.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="233364"][/post]​

You know nothing about me. It's not a team thing anymore. Your always trying to scare people into trying to save the company and its your group that will fare the worst on the street ...last I checked there are no jobs flipping burgers paying 100,000

and I have found a new job one that treats me with respect.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways News - 12/28/2004 03:37 PM
Where: Depending on your background and the needs for that day, you will be assigned a role. Possible roles include Meet and Greet at the ticket counter, security line, curbside, or baggage claim, as well as assistance on the ramp, in the baggage sorting area, etc.

Again, the following items do nothing to solve the problem: Meet and Greet at the ticket counter, security line, curbside, or baggage claim

As for the assistance on the ramp/baggage sorting area, I see a number of problems:
1. SIDA security clearance. Folks from ERI who volunteer to help in PHL don't have it.
2. Folks from ERI and BGM and CAE and wherever don't work in a hub. They do know their jobs, but I suspect that it might be a little more complicated in a hub than a spoke.
3. Volunteers doing this work for free when the union contract requires folks to be paid for it. Seems like a major grievance issue, and one certain to rile the union members (and maybe rightfully so).

If the company was offering for rampers from outstations/PIT/CLT to work in PHL on their days off, AND PAY THEM FOR IT, then this might signal that the company is serious about resovling the problem, and working with the unions to find win-win solutions. This does not appear to be the case.

Hey, USA320pilot...

Others have asked the question, but you seem to refuse to answer. I think we already know the answer, but why not post it for all to see.

ARE YOU GOING TO VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME TO WORK THE HOLIDAY??
(this question assumes you have enough seniority left in your current seat to have the holiday off in the first place, of course.)

It would be pretty disrespectful for a person to ask others to do something one is not willing to do themselves, wouldn't it?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

USA320Pilot said:
It's one thing to upset the company, it's another thing to upset the federal government.
[post="233364"][/post]​

By the way, the fed's are not "upset". Some specific bureaucrats have found a way to get their name in the news and appear to be defending the people. If the feds were upset, they would be threatening to take away the airlines' certificate or to pull its ATSB funding.

This whole volunteer effort has the appearance of a feeble public relations effort to show US customers who've been dumped on that the Christmas meltdown was some kind of operational aberration. This has all the trademarks of putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig.

Daedalus said:
This whole volunteer effort has the appearance of a feeble public relations effort to show US customers who've been dumped on that the Christmas meltdown was some kind of operational aberration. This has all the trademarks of putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig.
[post="233388"][/post]​

The scary thing is the knuckleheads in CCY really think this a good idea. It's backfired in a major way; its a set up for a major failure. The company needs to dump the morons in PR and hire professionals that have ideas that add value to the company. US Airways has the worst corporate communications on the planet.

Maybe Seth will be out there slinging bags. If he is, I hope someone tags him for a drug check.

I'm sure the rampers won't mind Lakefield violating their contract again by calling in unpaid labor to take their jobs.

Just when you think U management can't get any more stupid, they do.

I think 320 and lakefield should share a lav truck. Now who would be doing the driving and who would be doing the dumping?

What the hell is the big deal if most of the volunteers are greeters and assist passengers in the terminal with directions, serve refreshments, etc. I doubt any volunteer can work the ramp because of the background check.

Now, I recall working for a small station for AA some years ago and we had 2 retirees that used to come and serve coffee and help board the flights from time to time. They just liked working at the airport and it gave them something to do.

I am gonna try to be there, but won't volunteer to do anyones job persay, I'd help move bags if things get horrible again. I'll do it because I really do not want to see the company fail...

This is not the same as honoring a strike and last week is not JUST the companys fault. Sure the company should have expected what happened, should have not let morale get that bad in the first place, Should not even have over 200 flights in PHL, but people should not screw the passengers. That's as bad, no it's worse than what the company has ever done to any of you. If the company wronged you (I am speaking to anyone who failed to show up to make a point) as bad as you wronged the people that I spoke to over the x-mas holiday, you'd quit on the spot.....

The passengers are why we get a paycheck, it's not because were owed a paycheck.

CynicalResAgent said:
What the hell is the big deal if most of the volunteers are greeters and assist passengers in the terminal with directions, serve refreshments, etc. I doubt any volunteer can work the ramp because of the background check.
[post="233424"][/post]​

It doesn't solve the problem of being short-staffed and trying to cover sick-outs. I don't disagree with the concept, but I don't think the average passenger who's bag hasn't been delivered in 5 days will forget the lost bag because a volunteer pointed them to a shorter security line. That's the point. Regardless of whos fault this is, you are all in it together, and either sink or swim together. However, those responsible need to be held accountable. That includes people who called out sick without illness AND management types who approved of a labor scheduling plan does not cover the operation.

By getting almost everyone here really mad, USA320Pilot is solidifying his next employment. He is going to be a fulltime sitter in a dunk tank. Think of how much most of you would pay for the opportunity to dunk him. Genius, sheer genius.

hp_fa said:
By getting almost everyone here really mad, USA320Pilot is solidifying his next employment. He is going to be a fulltime sitter in a dunk tank. Think of how much most of you would pay for the opportunity to dunk him. Genious, sheer genious.
[post="233484"][/post]​

You mean dung tank. :p

Back