Our Reward

"By uniting with others who do the same type of work, you will have a stronger voice on the job and in your community—and you can help create a better future for yourself and all Americans."

That is what AMFA is all about. And that scares the crap out of the international AND airlines. :up:

AP Wire 2/02/07 Tulsa-AA's Tulsa M&E base officials reported record attendance thursday, dispite snowfall that made travel difficult. Although supervisors reported only seeing many of their employee's during the lunch hour, managers and union officials alike were encouraged at the excitement of rank and file members. Some suggested the free meal may have generated the euphoric atmosphere while others attributed it to the achievement of the breakthrough goal. With the exception of a few, all agreed that their dedication, sacrifice, and hard work was finally paying off.

AP Wire 2/02/07 Tulsa-AA's Tulsa M&E base officials reported record attendance thursday, dispite snowfall that made travel difficult. Although supervisors reported only seeing many of their employee's during the lunch hour, managers and union officials alike were encouraged at the excitement of rank and file members. Some suggested the free meal may have generated the euphoric atmosphere while others attributed it to the achievement of the breakthrough goal. With the exception of a few, all agreed that their dedication, sacrifice, and hard work was finally paying off.

I've said it BEFORE, and I'm saying it again;

(With the Exception of the west coast Longshoreman's union, and the farm workers union, out there),

You can make an "invisable triangle"....from BOS..to..ORD..down to DCA..and back up to BOS.

Outside, of that triangle of area's, ...traditionally "dwell" people who are quick to "accept", and DRINK the company(s) KOOL AID, in a NY Minute !!!

For the MINORITY of true union people who happen to be in places like AFW/DFW/TUL/MIA...I mean NO disrespect !!

NH/BB's

Yea! It certainly paid off for the executives?

What do you guys in TULSA think the executives are going to dine on when they get their $191 million in April?

Don't hold your breath waiting for an invitation to that celebration!

What do you guys in TULSA think the executives are going to dine on when they get their $191 million in April?

The 2004/2006 Performance Share Plan Cost
The total number of 2004 - 2006 Performance Share Plan shares is 3,100,000. The 2006 Management Compensation Plan also includes 900,000 Deferred Units. At the current AMR stock price of $37.39, the total Performance Share Plan and Deferred Unit payout to AMR executives will be approximately $236,491,750, which will be paid on April 19, 2007.

The 2004/2006 Performance Share Plan Cost
The total number of 2004 - 2006 Performance Share Plan shares is 3,100,000. The 2006 Management Compensation Plan also includes 900,000 Deferred Units. At the current AMR stock price of $37.39, the total Performance Share Plan and Deferred Unit payout to AMR executives will be approximately $236,491,750, which will be paid on April 19, 2007.

Thanks, ILS! I feel much much better now!

So, Arpey was in TUL today. How many of you from TUL actually had the guts to express your dissatisfaction of the exec pay-outs to "The Man"? You do a lot of barking and whining here....had your chance.

Did you take it or not??????

So, Arpey was in TUL today. How many of you from TUL actually had the guts to express your dissatisfaction of the exec pay-outs to "The Man"? You do a lot of barking and whining here....had your chance.

Thats what our dues are for, you know Representation :shock:

Of course we all know what that entails with the TWU!

I think the Tulsa folks have been trained that the LEADERS are the Union. You know the routine, build the union hall regardless of membership voting against doing so, the "without further ratification" labor agreement we currently work under. The Federal Court documents than demostrate the members have no right under the TWU Constitution to a vote on changes or modifcations of the Labor Agreement.

You surely didn't expect the members to renegade against the elected leaders and do something to express dissatisifaction? There were a few posting flyers attempting to spool the members, but the wonderful Mark Easton, previous TWU Officer turned HR, along with some TWU Officers were out threatining them if they did not stop posting.

Who exactly were you expecting to step up and lead Bill? Where were you Bill? Under Conman's desk?

Friday, we will get a $50 gift certificate from American Express and HAT.

I FEEL BETTER NOW! :unsure:

I am just glad the bonuses will be paid, so that those that are responsible for saving my job do not go to another airline.

TWU, saved my job, now I have two!

FACT: There were no microphones available at the prep rally for members to speak even if they had an opinion.

Why do I get the feeling that if AA had given a free lunch to the grunts at HQ (as in, not the execs, but the people in, say, crew scheduling and accounts receivable), and not to the grunts in Tulsa, we'd have a big thread here about how unfair that is.

Why do I get the feeling that if AA had given a free lunch to the grunts at HQ (as in, not the execs, but the people in, say, crew scheduling and accounts receivable), and not to the grunts in Tulsa, we'd have a big thread here about how unfair that is.

You mean to tell me that AA denied those at HQ the superb Imperial produced BBQ sandwich on stale bread, half a pack of chips, and soda? :lol:

The soup kitchen at John 3:16 serves better meals to the homeless, I should know since I volunteer there.

Oh well, at least we have a job brother! :up:

More from the propAAganda machine...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/PrinterFriendlyStory.asp

[/quote]American and its Transport Workers Union (TWU) also have established a goal of winning $175 million of third-party maintenance contracts in 2007, company and union leaders said.

"American's long-term vision is to transform its maintenance organization into a world-class maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) business that offers our customers a one-stop shop for most of their maintenance requirements, be it airframe, components, engine overhaul, engineering services or line maintenance," said Bob Reding, American's senior vice president of technical operations.

"We will continue this momentum by investing in technology, process improvements and increasing our productivity while continuing to reduce overall costs for our customers."

American and TWU executives said the company will reach its goal of bringing $175 million in third-party MRO work to its three maintenance bases and line maintenance stations by continuing to drive down costs and increase efficiency.

You mean to tell me you had Arpey in your hot little hands and you did and said NOTHING????!!!!! The mayor, David Boren, councilman, Senators, the media, THE CEO OF AMERICAN AIRLINES FOR GOODNESS SAKE.....and yet you stood silent. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Boo-hoo, boo-hoo, BOO-FREAKIN' HOO!!!!
Go cry to your mommas!!!

I spy something yellow and it ain't the snow in Tulsa.

It is not the goal of saving money or creating revenue that I oppose, I think this is a great idea.

It is the shared reward and lack of negotiated benefit to the membership in exchange that makes by blood boil and pressure rise.

I have no doubt that AA can make money doing maintenance for third parties, and I also believe keeping their own maintenance in-house is the right choice.

I just cannot for the life of me wonder why this wasn't an option when AA wanted $620 nillion in concessions and the "lawyers were loitering on the BK Court Steps" for 3 months. As it is, we gave the concessions, and the millions in savings with nothing to show for it. We didn't really "save the jobs", through attrition, the employment levels have dropped significantly.

I can only image what the private conversations that management has regarding our representation sound like. No damn wonder AA spent so much time, effort, and money to protect the TWU from being replaced.

You mean to tell me you had Arpey in your hot little hands and you did and said NOTHING????!!!!! The mayor, David Boren, councilman, Senators, the media, THE CEO OF AMERICAN AIRLINES FOR GOODNESS SAKE.....and yet you stood silent. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Boo-hoo, boo-hoo, BOO-FREAKIN' HOO!!!!
Go cry to your mommas!!!
I spy something yellow and it ain't the snow in Tulsa.

It just so happens, that I was with my Mother as she had emergency surgery this morning and so I wasn't even at work to enjoy/refuse the BBQ or get a speak session with Arpey.

When it comes to my family or speaking up to save your ass from yourself. The decision was easy. As a matter of fact, given my mother's present health state, I find your antogonistic remark about my "momma" very offensive and down right RUDE.

I have never been afraid to stand and speak my mind!

So go piss up another tree.

Back