Outsider's look at AA labor issues

I’m use to the twu’s lack of representation for mechanics and treating all union members the same regardless of skill level required for job. I’m use to union guys working our deals that help themselves (AFW closing) , but this association is beyond anything I thought they would shove down our throat.

Reactions: swamt
You guys voted those bozos in...
Stupid.jpg

Is there a coordinated slow down? Quite frankly no.
Also missing and very, if not extremely relevant is there was no mention about the TRO from the judge and the fact that everyone is waiting (some time this week) to hear his final ruling and/or fines given.
Why does it even matter? You guys don't like the association anyway. What do you care if they get fined?

I believe outsiders just care about price and scheduling. Labor issues are always internal and field related.
Unless it directly affects them they don't care much.
Indeed.

The fact is, the airline prefers IAM language and that's their baseline. If it was a standalone TWU there is zero chance we'd after to most of the IAM language. That being the case, many of the current TA's would still be open items leaving us further behind than our current position.
I believe the Association was a hit job from the very beginning.

The company had to leave themselves a path to push inferiority and the Association served that purpose.

I believe outsiders just care about price and scheduling.

That right there is what the public cares about, price and scheduling.

Remember post 9/11 everyone swore they'd never fly again? "I'm too scared!"

But when they lowered the price point enough, people magically overcame their fears and stampeded back onto the airplanes.
People saw $99.00 fares as a god given right and gave exactly zero F's about the airline employees who were getting their livelihoods savaged by the public's addiction to those below cost fares and the airlines continuing to provide them.

It's how we literally lost a decade in this industry.

Reactions: swamt
Why does it even matter? You guys don't like the association anyway. What do you care if they get fined?

Indeed.

I believe the Association was a hit job from the very beginning.

The company had to leave themselves a path to push inferiority and the Association served that purpose.
Actually in hopes of a fine coming in order to trigger the union to make the decision to allow the members to decide and vote.

File charges on them. It's in writing that they cannot do that.
They do a lot of things they "can't do". Because....... they can do that brother.

Union officers are not supposed to bypass seniority either but Debbie Tiller did it.

They do a lot of things they "can't do". Because....... they can do that brother.

Union officers are not supposed to bypass seniority either but Debbie Tiller did it.
Yes they did. Wasn't one a painter or something? Or went painter to stay in the same station or something?? Sad how people in these industrial unions always seems to misuse their power to their advantages.

Yes they did. Wasn't one a painter or something? Or went painter to stay in the same station or something?? Sad how people in these industrial unions always seems to misuse their power to their advantages.
Yes, that was Debbie Tiller.

Out of over 100 people Debbie Tiller and Sam Cirri (both UNION officers) just happened to be the only 2 people that did not have to bump to another station to retain employment or hit Mingo (a TULE expression for getting laid off).

Sam just happened to find employment leveraging his skill as an electronics tech from DECADES AGO (military experience he obtained BEFORE working for American Airlines)..... Very convenient timing that job just happened to come open at EXACTLY the right time.

Debbie got a job as a painter.... bypassing both someone who was senior AND more qualified.

Some might think the fact that out of over 100 people the fact that only 2 people (both UNION officers mind you) retained employment in Tulsa with no disruption despite one having an outdated skill set (because we all know that electronics have not changed one bit in decades........) and one having less seniority and less qualification than another employee who was displaced...... some might think under the table deals were made.

How the hell that did not turn into a class action lawsuit I will never know.

Yes, that was Debbie Tiller.

Out of over 100 people Debbie Tiller and Sam Cirri (both UNION officers) just happened to be the only 2 people that did not have to bump to another station to retain employment or hit Mingo (a TULE expression for getting laid off).

Sam just happened to find employment leveraging his skill as an electronics tech from DECADES AGO (military experience he obtained BEFORE working for American Airlines)..... Very convenient timing that job just happened to come open at EXACTLY the right time.

Debbie got a job as a painter.... bypassing both someone who was senior AND more qualified.

Some might think the fact that out of over 100 people the fact that only 2 people (both UNION officers mind you) retained employment in Tulsa with no disruption despite one having an outdated skill set (because we all know that electronics have not changed one bit in decades........) and one having less seniority and less qualification than another employee who was displaced...... some might think under the table deals were made.

How the hell that did not turn into a class action lawsuit I will never know.
Now I remember. How convenient the only two out of hundreds. I am surprised someone did not take an issue with them personally, that's flat out BS. Someone should have filed on this issue.

Now I remember. How convenient the only two out of hundreds. I am surprised someone did not take an issue with them personally, that's flat out BS. Someone should have filed on this issue.
You don't know the half of it.

I tried to call one of my ex coworkers to let them know where they could get free technical training, if not to help them than to pass along the information to help others, (I was also trying to get those affected by the closure 2 years of college tuition, this was a program offered by the government to retrain those that were affected by global outsourcing and I was seeking support to secure that for all of us, only 2 people got to take advantage of that program) he hung up on me. I later heard he, among some of the others, were talking about me behind my back. Apparently they blamed me for compromising their chances of returning to TULE as a Fleet Service Clerk by outing Sam and Debbie's little scam. Sam Cirri and Debbie Tiller told those Fleet Service Clerks they were trying to get their jobs back at TULE and they actually believed them. They were either that desperate or that stupid.

So after:

a) Shining a light on 2 UNION officers who cut an under the table deal with management to push a concessionary contract
b) Trying to point my ex coworkers to a place they could get free technical training funded by the city of Tulsa
c) Spending HOURS on the phone with government bureaucrats trying to get them 2 years of free college tuition funded by the federal government for displaced workers

I was the a$$hole people blamed for their misfortunes because they rather believe 2 liars that told them what they wanted to hear instead of someone that was genuinely trying to help them.

Is it any wonder I have lost a lot of faith in the UNION and the membership?

Last edited:
You don't know the half of it.

I tried to call one of my ex coworkers to let them know where they could get free technical training, if not to help them than to pass along the information to help others, (I was also trying to get those affected by the closure 2 years of college tuition, this was a program offered by the government to retrain those that were affected by global outsourcing and I was seeking support to secure that for all of us, only 2 people got to take advantage of that program) he hung up on me. I heard later he, among some of the others, were talking about me behind my back. Apparently they blamed me for compromising their chances of returning to TULE as a Fleet Service Clerk by outing Sam and Debbie's little scam. Sam Cirri and Debbie Tiller told those Fleet Service Clerks they were trying to get their jobs back at TULE and they actually believed them. They were either that desperate or that stupid.

So after:

a) Shining a light on 2 UNION officers who cut an under the table deal with management to push a concessionary contract
b) Trying to point my ex coworkers to a place they could get free technical training funded by the city of Tulsa
c) Spending HOURS on the phone with government bureaucrats trying to get them 2 years of free college tuition funded by the federal government for displaced workers

I was the a$$hole people blamed for their misfortunes because they rather believe 2 liars that told them what they wanted to hear instead of someone that was genuinely trying to help them.

Is it any wonder I have lost a lot of faith in the UNION and the membership?

That's because so many people want to be spoon fed with info and NOT search out the info for themselves. These unions want their memberships to be lazy and NOT search out their own info so they can run their agendas and misinformations as needed. It really is sad to sit back and watch all this shite go on, when the membership really has no clue what is really going on behind closed doors with their very own representational union.

That's because so many people want to be spoon fed with info and NOT search out the info for themselves. These unions want their memberships to be lazy and NOT search out their own info so they can run their agendas and misinformations as needed. It really is sad to sit back and watch all this shite go on, when the membership really has no clue what is really going on behind closed doors with their very own representational union.
I think this goes beyond simply being mentally lazy.

I truly believe it is a result of conditioning.

The UNION convinces the worker he is being victimized and targeted by his employer and then present themselves as the great equalizer (the same tactic leveraged by the Democratic party and their "protected groups").

People have forgotten that the membership enables the UNION not the other way around, or at least it USED to be that way.