paint schedule

Hp sode of things

737 300s are 100s thru 300s

319s are 800-840

320s are 600-685

757s are 900-920

More than one duplicate
You are correct. There are a number of duplicate tail numbers. I don't believe that anything will be done with redesignation until the certificates are merged.

You are correct. There are a number of duplicate tail numbers. I don't believe that anything will be done with redesignation until the certificates are merged.
I think they said before they will not do any redesignation. We will just have to start referring to the aircraft with the number & the last 2 letters.

Knowing the FAA, they would probably charge a lot of money for each tail number we want to change.

The faster the fleet is repainted, the res systems integrated and the signage changed, the better.

Speaking of res, why can't at least the US Chairman's Desk be trained how to use and get access to HP's system? It's painful having to call multiple #s and getting different answers depending on who answers the phone. Case in point, US swore up and down all the upgrade seats were gone on an HP flight next week. I called HP and they said it was wide open. I realize inventory is not sync'd yet, but the US agent should have been able to see what HP was seeing even if it meant switching to a different screen.

I realize inventory is not sync'd yet, but the US agent should have been able to see what HP was seeing even if it meant switching to a different screen.

2 different computer systems still with no way to interface yet. With the March upload on QIK (HP), they now have a site to toggle over to Sabre, although its still not ready. They are supposed to start testing the system soon. I am hearing they are aiming for late March, early April to get the new computers installed in the test city and to train people on QIK. This would mean that the agents can use QIK with both Shares and Sabre behind the scenes and can check info on both airlines with the same entries using the QIK interface. This will also eliminate the need for dedicated US/HP agents in the cities served by both since all the computers would be able to be used for both carriers depending on what carrier needed to be checked. Hopefully, they will have listened to everyones advice and have the systems ready with little tweaking needed once the testing is started. Once this is done, they can train everyone and cut over gradually via QIK and then it doesnt matter when the actual Sabre to Shares cutover occurs since everyone will be used to QIK doing the same entries.
In the meantime, yes it is a pain, not only for the customers, but the agents who cant do what you want us to without getting into the other system.

So they pretty much got rid of the standard 733 and kept the LR's.
The only difference between the standard and LR's is that the engines on the LR's had B2 power and aft fuel tanks.
All have been reduced to B1 power and the tanks removed so they are all just standard models. The B2 is the same engine as the B1 but tweaked up to produce 22,000lbs of thrust up from 20,000lbs. The B2 engines had about half the life of B1's due to higher temperatures. Actually we could derate the B2 to B1 power by selecting a derate on the CDU and usually did. We can now derate from 20,000 lbs to 18,500 lbs further saving wear on the engines. I don't think west is authorized to do this since their weight and balance is not computerized, we have CLP. Derate is not the same as reduced thrust (balanced field). Derate is like actually hanging a lower thrust engine on the aircraft and adjusting the performance for it, so we can have a derate and use a reduced thrust simultaneously. If you are light weight this saves the engines even more by reducing the temperatures and stresses on them.

They have said that there will be no changes in the "N" numbers, but that future additions after integrations would probably be a UW or US registration.

What I think they will have to do is create a fleet/ship number like some of the other carriers have done after a merger. The fleet/ship number has little or no reference to the registration number. It's usually 4 digits as well.

I have noticed difference in the new livery between east and west. The East aircraft have a tail smaller number by the cheat line towards the back. West does not have that.

Flew a few times this week, got a newly painted HP 319, coming back, at the gate next to us was a newly painted US 757.

The 757 looks goooood in the new livery.

Saw the HP heritage plane which looked nice.

Can't wait for the PSA smile though!

Latest posts

Back