Heading to the Paint Shop

I wrote Dave an email and told him of 651 and others. I got a response in less than a day. Needless to say, I was floored. He agreed with me, although he said things weren''t nearly as bad as what I''d written. I say it''s a matter of perspective. Any plane with that much paint missing needs to be pulled off line and "re-dressed". I''m afraid the only advertising we''re gonna get this summer in MUC, SNN, DUB, AMS, and half the time in LGW and CDG is the kind no one wants: "We''re US Airways...we don''t give a sh*t!" None of the 767 or 757 fleet will be painted till Sept.

----------------
On 6/12/2003 12:13:12 PM gilbertguy wrote:

----------------
On 6/12/2003 12:10:07 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

Sometimes I really think this paint idea when we changed our name was a bad idea. USAir never had paint....it was all brushed metal and decals. I don''t think we were prepared for how much "upkeep" it takes when you have paint...ESP dark paint. Maybe we should have just kept the brushed metal and painted the tail with the new flag livery.

Shame on you! This kind of logic is not permitted at U.....

----------------​
There are pros and cons when it comes to painting or polishing a fuselage. Personally, I think the best way to go is with the polished look. [Less aircraft weight, easier to inspect, better aerodynamics = fuel savings, Cooler in summer. I''m sure the bean counters have determined it is cheaper to paint em vs.[polish, which is labor intensive.]But the main reason for the paint is good ole Steve Wolf, whose favorite motto is "Paint & Sell..Imagine what the paint jobs would look like if Super Dave went after the $$35 Million from his boardroom buddies.

How about a big WHITE FLAG painted on either side of the fuselage and tail. We surrender to Southwest and Jetblue.

Well, if Delta can change their paint scheme three times in five years, why can''t US???

Personally, I think the polished idea is a good idea from an accounting standpoint.

That being said, can the Airbus be "nude"??? I thought that the composite material required painting.

----------------
On 6/12/2003 1:21:01 PM cat 111 wrote:

How about a big WHITE FLAG painted on either side of the fuselage and tail. We surrender to Southwest and Jetblue.

----------------​

You''re so original. Did you really come up with that by yourself???

----------------
On 6/12/2003 11:58:40 AM CLTBWIDAYSYR wrote:

I wrote Dave an email and told him of 651 and others.  I got a response in less than a day.  Needless to say, I was floored.  He agreed with me, although he said things weren''t nearly as bad as what I''d written.  I say it''s a matter of perspective.  Any plane with that much paint missing needs to be pulled off line and "re-dressed".  I''m afraid the only advertising we''re gonna get this summer in MUC, SNN, DUB, AMS, and half the time in LGW and CDG is the kind no one wants:  "We''re US Airways...we don''t give a sh*t!"  None of the 767 or 757 fleet will be painted till Sept.

----------------​
Once again, Dave is clueless!!! To say that peeling 767 is not that bad is laughable at the least. Dave, if any of your people are reading this, let me be the first to tell you that aircraft 651 DOES look not only horrible, but third world. Is a severly peeling aircraft the image you want to portray to the rest of the world? Hey Dave, maybe you need to hang with us gay boys for a while-- we can teach you alot about style and taste. Speaking of, how many more decades must the flight attendants be subjected to the same tired 1980''s uniform that now resembles the SWA, US Airways, and American pilots with a shade of looking like TSA? I would pay for my own damn tie if you would put us into something different. Things just get worst every day but you know, I''ll endure. I know nothing different from this industry.

First Ammend.
I LOVE IT>>>>You tell him ...SInce ''outsiders'' think it'';s only me, ATTA BOY to you!

And yes the gays Do Have Sytle..

A/C re-paints are like a blonde..
High Maint,if you are not natural..

Sorry, could not resist..

One can only say that!
:)

----------------
On 6/11/2003 7:26:37 PM PITOCC wrote:

For those of you posting concerns about the exterior appearance of our aircraft, we are starting up the paint tracks again. There will be one track initally with a second track to be added later.
The first aircraft will be a 737-300, a/c 523 scheduled to ferry to ARA on June 16th. The
737-300/400 fleet will be done first. The widebodys will not be scheduled until the fall with the seasonal reduction in international flights. The painting will be done in New Ibera, LA. 

----------------​

It''s New Iberia actually... like the European airline, or as in "Spain is on the Iberian peninsula" New Iberia is famous for Tabasco Sauce, cajun music, cajun food, a series of ''cajun mystery'' novels set there and for being my birthplace!

Well, right now we are stretched too thin with Widebody aircraft. (USAirways doesn''t know the term WIDEBODY...never has) Anyway, I would guess right now we can''t take even 1 widebody out of the fleet for painting because of the Ireland service.
Second, these uniforms are gross. I was hoping we would get new ones after bankruptcy just like Continental did. But...no. We have had the same shell uniform since what?...1980? We could merge with United and somehow some way we would still be in this uniform. It''s never going to change. Your right...I would pay for a new tie or something myself just to look decent.

----------------
On 6/12/2003 3:01:40 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

Well, right now we are stretched too thin with Widebody aircraft. (USAirways doesn''t know the term WIDEBODY...never has) Anyway, I would guess right now we can''t take even 1 widebody out of the fleet for painting because of the Ireland service.
Second, these uniforms are gross. I was hoping we would get new ones after bankruptcy just like Continental did. But...no. We have had the same shell uniform since what?...1980? We could merge with United and somehow some way we would still be in this uniform. It''s never going to change. Your right...I would pay for a new tie or something myself just to look decent.

----------------​

not many widebodies......unless you''re an international stew flying to Rome...Oh..I didn''t just say that.

Latest posts

Back