Heading to the Paint Shop

----------------
On 6/19/2003 10:01:41 AM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

I was reading the post regarding the uniforms and yes they do look like we are going to a funeral. But, I remember a few years ago when they were going to put a stripe on the F/A epaulets and the pilot group had a FIT in at the meeting. They said is was traditionally reserved for the "navigation officer" (which no longer exists) and so the idea was squashed. They even toyed with the idea of having a flag embroidered on the epaulets...ick. All these little squabbles and objections add up to our uniform looking like the naval brigade. If you really want to point the finger... point it at British Airways. They were the ones that during the wet lease came in and said we had "too much going on with our uniform accessories," they wanted everyone to look the same.

----------------​

I'm confused. Considering the title of this thread, are we talking about "painted-on" uniforms? For a moment, I had a vision of a line of naked flight attendents queing outside some industrial building in La. waiting for their new uniforms to be 'applied.'
2.gif

Actually 523 ferried into CLT the other night and it looks great, seems this new company painting them did a really good job, it had its first revenue flight yesterday afternoon. 432 ferried out to be repainted next.

Nope, they are just being repainted, company does not care about the appearance of the interior right now, PM me and I will let you in on some things that are going on.

Latest posts

Back