Pay Raises

Delta Technician

Advanced
Apr 9, 2008
:up: Anyone have the link?

Richard announced Thursday that on Oct. 1, Delta will fulfill a long-standing commitment to industry-standard compensation by giving pay increases to U.S.-based frontline, noncontract employees.

During the past several years the company has reaffirmed its plan to reach top-of-scale industry-standard pay for employees by the end of this year.

“The size of the raises at the top step of each pay scale will vary by workgroup based on their current distance from industry standard,â€￾ Richard said in a memo to all employees Thursday. “We have previously defined industry-standard pay as the average of the top-of-scale rates for other airlines in our competitive set within each workgroup. Your divisional leaders will share additional details on how these changes impact each of you.â€￾

Delta has continued to honor the packages of pay, benefits and work rules provided for in the contracts still in place in pre-merger Northwest workgroups where representation has not been resolved.

“When representation is resolved, we plan to begin the process of fully aligning the pay, benefits and work rules of employees in those groups,â€￾ Richard told employees.

Eligible U.S.-based merit employees will participate in a merit pool, also effective Oct. 1. Compensation for international employees will continue to be reviewed and adjusted on a country-by-country basis on the established schedule.

“While the economy is showing some signs of recovery, we still face a challenging and unpredictable financial environment that will require us to continue to focus on controlling our costs and further improving productivity,â€￾ Richard said. “At the same time, we must also continue to make investments in our product and customers to improve our revenue performance. Still, fulfilling our commitments and investing in you is important, and your Corporate Leadership Team is dedicated to doing so.â€￾

I don't think there are any "external" ones yet, but if you can access DLNet, you can't miss the announcements; they're everywhere.

I didn't look at other depts. besides ACS, and am not at work, so I can't access some of the tables, but I can say that per the FAQ sheet, below wing agents that are topped out will get a 9.4% increase come October.

Good on DL for finally coming through with what they promised. Now let's hope that they don't retract them shortly thereafter.

What? A raise? Without Union Representation?......................Blasphemy ! :shock:

In all actuallity, it's a pay restoration, which Delta didn't have to do !

It will put the line AMT's slightly ahead of the pre BK rate.

Would I love to be ahead of WN like we used to be? YES
Have we seen our pay restored faster then AA, UA and US? YES

Good luck to all. If we can get a few profitable QTRS under our belts we can hopefully add to our pensions compensation.

Be safe and good luck to all.

Yes, Pay restoration :) Non contract DL F/A's are
getting 5%. While contract DL F/A's received 1%
Jan 1 per their contract.

A pay raise right during a union drive? Imagine that...

Here is a post from another site that I thought was interesting.

There isn't a union drive for AMT's going on. If there is they must be in stealth mode, because I have not heard the slightest peep of any union talk.

Quite true. What was interesting to me is that on DLNet, the 5% capacity article was on the front page right next to the one discussing pay restoration. A lot can happen between now & October... Hope no one went out and bought a new "dualie."

There isn't a union drive for AMT's going on. If there is they must be in stealth mode, because I have not heard the slightest peep of any union talk.

Maybe not, but I would think the campaigns for all of ACS/stock clerks/res/clerical, as well as the Sim Techs actual vote would be kinda hard to miss?

... You're not surprised that they made a point of showing how groups that *have* settled representation issues were included are you?

You're not surprised that they made a point of showing how groups that *have* settled representation issues were included are you?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the groups that haven't settled representational issues are in the middle of settling those representatioal issues - authorization cards and requests for an investigation of a representational duspute form filed (although the latter was withdrawn by at least one of the unions). If that's correct, DL's hands are tied with respect to changes in pay or working conditions for those groups - the NMB requires management to maintain what the NMB calls "laboratory conditions" or status quo - only making changes allowed by the contract like annual raises, pay increases for individuals as they move up the longevity ladder, etc.

For the groups that have everything settled, DL is free to offer whatever they want to.

Jim

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the groups that haven't settled representational issues are in the middle of settling those representatioal issues - authorization cards and requests for an investigation of a representational duspute form filed (although the latter was withdrawn by at least one of the unions). If that's correct, DL's hands are tied with respect to changes in pay or working conditions for those groups - the NMB requires management to maintain what the NMB calls "laboratory conditions" or status quo - only making changes allowed by the contract like annual raises, pay increases for individuals as they move up the longevity ladder, etc.

Jim
Maintaining "laboratory conditions"? Look it up on youtube, Richard trying to explain his version of "neutrality" and"laboratory conditions" to a member of Congress.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3Yl0Hc_ZQ

I guess those pristine conditions don't count as long as their coming from management. Our DL manager at my station stated, " if they gave the pre-merger NW employees a raise (or what Kevin and I would call a pay restoration), "It would look like a bribe", I guess their future "raise" isn't a bribe?. If they really wanted to pay the DL employees, why wait until October? DL managements reasoning is, "by October the election would be over and if you vote for the union, the October raise will now have to be negotiated, and that it will take up to two years." Now they have a crystal ball and can predict the length of negotiations. What a crock of sh*t

Talk about the old carrot and the stick routine.

LOL that's exactly what I thought too..WOW being brought up to industry STANDARD..Gotta love it...lol..

For the groups that have everything settled, DL is free to offer whatever they want to.

Jim

Do you mean Unions will allow companys to give raises to Union employees , even though said raises are not in their contract ? :shock:

Delta has been planning this raise since they exited bankruptcy ! Blame the timing on the unions dragging their feet, waiting on Nobamas pro union reps !

Nice try though Tech ! :down:

Latest posts