Philadelphia International Airport

PHL Ad

Check that Out, Funny and Scary!
The only thing that's funny is the originator's comment. To reiterate for the nth time - Luggage and Flight Performance is the responsibility of the Airlines (e.g., US Airways) NOT the Airport. If WN can do it, why can't US? I obviously already know the answer.

. . . Luggage and Flight Performance is the responsibility of the Airlines (e.g., US Airways) NOT the Airport. If WN can do it, why can't US? I obviously already know the answer . . .

Truth be told, baggage handling has been consistently good at A-West since day one. We fly mostly TA ( getting off at PHL ). But we've also noticed great improvement in the past 6 months with baggage at B/C. It's been kind of eerie the past couple of trips when you get to B/C baggage reclaim and they make regular PA announcements about belt assignments and luggage and you can actually see an agent walking around to help folks. Now that is very un-Philly like. US has indeed made some effort to improve things.

US Airways aside, I've seen that same ad, and I've always scratched my head and chuckled when I see it. PHL is by nature, not a very warm and cuddly town ( afterall, Eagles fans throw snowballs with rocks in them ). I've lived here for years, and it only takes a few minutes to wipe that Hawaii smile off of your face before you encounter someone with an attitude that sticks in your craw. Not to say that there's not good people here, warmth and humility is simply not part of the PHL credo.

Perhaps JD Powers was polling folks after they purchase a Philly soft pretzel with lots of yellow mustard on it. That makes lots of people happy.

Barry

. . . Luggage and Flight Performance is the responsibility of the Airlines (e.g., US Airways) NOT the Airport. If WN can do it, why can't US? I obviously already know the answer . . .

Truth be told, baggage handling has been consistently good at A-West since day one. We fly mostly TA ( getting off at PHL ). But we've also noticed great improvement in the past 6 months with baggage at B/C. It's been kind of eerie the past couple of trips when you get to B/C baggage reclaim and they make regular PA announcements about belt assignments and luggage and you can actually see an agent walking around to help folks. Now that is very un-Philly like. US has indeed made some effort to improve things.

US Airways aside, I've seen that same ad, and I've always scratched my head and chuckled when I see it. PHL is by nature, not a very warm and cuddly town ( afterall, Eagles fans throw snowballs with rocks in them ). I've lived here for years, and it only takes a few minutes to wipe that Hawaii smile off of your face before you encounter someone with an attitude that sticks in your craw. Not to say that there's not good people here, warmth and humility is simply not part of the PHL credo.

Perhaps JD Powers was polling folks after they purchase a Philly soft pretzel with lots of yellow mustard on it. That makes lots of people happy.

Barry
Well so much for the "City of Brotherly Love"

Latest posts