PHL A East

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
I flew out to Chicago this AM and I noticed that US had a flight that was scheduled to depart from A-2. When did US move back into A-East? And if US is to get A-East next october, where would American, USA 3000, Midwest go? American operates around 20 flights a day.

There is no where that states US will take all of A-east. Only a handful of gates are capable of handling international flts so there should be no need for US to take all of A-east.

There is no where that states US will take all of A-east. Only a handful of gates are capable of handling international flts so there should be no need for US to take all of A-east.
All A-East Gates, except for 1 or possibly 2 are wide-body capable (international) gates. Where do you think US, LH, BA, AF,etc. all flew wide bodies out of before A-West?

I believe they are expanding the end of E concourse, so AA will fit there, and USA 3000 and Midwest will only account for another 2 gates

With this new agreement, basically nothing happens for the next 9 months including any construction on Terminal E. For that to begin WN would have to vacate 3 of its current gates and have no where to go at this point.

I am pretty sure A1, A3, A5, A7, and possibly A9 and A11 are all non international gates. Those are the ones AA uses.

For staters they should get Frontier to move out as they have a flt that arrives at A14 at 430pm

AA uses A3, A7, A9. Who uses A5? I don't see any arrivals/departures on that gate. Or does AA use the A3 stairs to board RJs that park in both spots? A1 is the ground shuttle stop gate, and A11 I'm pretty sure is intl. capabale. Remember that A-East, when opened in 1991, was built to be an international terminal so most gates were designed for maximum flexibility to handle domestic or intl.

I don't see AA moving to E. Nothing has even been annonced, and WN would probably fight it anyway since they want all the space they can get in E (and will use it). They would also need club space to move the AAdmirals club, too. Not to mention they are next to their OneWorld partner, BA for easy connections. But that's probably the least reason to keep them together.

AA uses A3, A7, A9. Who uses A5? I don't see any arrivals/departures on that gate. Or does AA use the A3 stairs to board RJs that park in both spots? A1 is the ground shuttle stop gate, and A11 I'm pretty sure is intl. capabale. Remember that A-East, when opened in 1991, was built to be an international terminal so most gates were designed for maximum flexibility to handle domestic or intl.
A-5 is the AA Eagle gate for flights to STL. A-7 Midwest uses and AA and A-12 is also AA and BA. I flew out of A-12 yesterday AM and back into A-7. AA has A-13 as well. There was a DFW flight yesterday that left from that gate.

On the PHL website and AA's website, looks like:
AA: A3, A4, A7, A9 (American Eagles flts arriving from STL arrive at this gate)according to phl.org and aa.com
Midwest: A11
U5: A2
BA: A10, A12

So who is using gates A4, A6, A8 when US doesn't in the summer? Seems like these gates as well as A11 are pretty under utilized in the winter.

The PHL website didn't show AA using A4 so something must be wrong somewhere

On the PHL website and AA's website, looks like:
AA: A3, A4, A7, A9 (American Eagles flts arriving from STL arrive at this gate)according to phl.org and aa.com
Midwest: A11
U5: A2
BA: A10, A12

So who is using gates A4, A6, A8 when US doesn't in the summer? Seems like these gates as well as A11 are pretty under utilized in the winter.

The PHL website didn't show AA using A4 so something must be wrong somewhere
AA used A-4 on Wednesday when they had a 767-300 sub for one of the flights. Plus I saw AA planes all over A East All gates. A-12 is also used by AA, I flew out on that to ORD yesterday and I arrived last month from DFW at that gate. AA must use A-10 & A12 when BA isn't.

AA used A-4 on Wednesday when they had a 767-300 sub for one of the flights. Plus I saw AA planes all over A East All gates. A-12 is also used by AA, I flew out on that to ORD yesterday and I arrived last month from DFW at that gate. AA must use A-10 & A12 when BA isn't.

I figured that AA uses many A gates. Probably whatever ones are available. But i still don't see many airlines using A6 and A8. They should at least get Frontier out of A-west.

I figured that AA uses many A gates. Probably whatever ones are available. But i still don't see many airlines using A6 and A8. They should at least get Frontier out of A-west.
Where is Frontier's Ticket counters? Aren't they in A East? So moving them over would be easy. Even if the counter is in A-West, they still go thru the same security? I see alot of people going thru A East security going international, so not sure what A West is separate or not.

Back