PHL on 7/29

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
It seems that we missed over 3000 bags yesterday in PHl.With all of the West braintrust there you think that they could figure something out.There are also reports of significant theft , can any of you PHL ramp guys confirm this ?
Who will be the next to be fired Ron Rhoderick or Camille Soto.Let all of them follow Ross Bonnano out the door !

It seems that we missed over 3000 bags yesterday in PHl.With all of the West braintrust there you think that they could figure something out.There are also reports of significant theft , can any of you PHL ramp guys confirm this ?
Who will be the next to be fired Ron Rhoderick or Camille Soto.Let all of them follow Ross Bonnano out the door !
As far as theft goes, just take a look at the new hires. Also don't forget TSA.

My guess is Camile will be the next to go. SHE HAS NO CLUE.......... Maybe we can bring MUELE in there, he needs to get out too!!! Just remember as Anthony and Camile have said and I quote " We want you here for a JOB not a Career "

Maybe someday AMERICA WEST MANAGEMENT will learn the VALUE of their Employees............

This is what will fix Philadelphia: Stop hiring from the inner city. Need I say more. Bring our wages back to where they were to attract good quality workers like we used to have. Bring back Sabre and Merlin so we communicate with the rest of the industry. Bring back USAir management, the west has no idea how to run the #1 money maker in the system effectivley. Listen to your long term employees on how to run the operation; we have been with this airline longer than most of HP management has been alive. Go back to basics: begin with airline 101 with new hires (and HP management should attend the classess as well.) Hire great aircraft cleaners (The Chinese and Mexicans are FANTASTIC at it...spend the freaking money...you get what you pay for.) Hire a high quality cleaning service to take care of the interior of the airport. Have a specified group to make needed repairs on walls, etc. Bring up into the lounge areas new and unused seats that are underneath the airport in unused gate areas. They are their, you just have to get up off of your lazy a$$es and do it. Have a quality control person (PHL based) to monitor all facets of the interior of the airport (get a small group together, I'm sure they will be glad to help. It's not that hard. We just need to get our upper management out of their offices, stop hiring managers from Dunkin Donuts and Pep Boys who have no airline experience. Actually had a director from Tempe who saw a A330 for the first time and said that it was a big airplane and what kind of plane was it? (swear to God!) There is nothing you can do about the ATC delays out of PHL, sitting between NY and DC Centers, but for Christ sake, this is so simple, it's scary. All PHL management has to do is get off their butts and get going.

Holy &$#%, you mean these directors were actually working Sunday afternoon ?

This is what will fix Philadelphia: Stop hiring from the inner city. Need I say more. Bring our wages back to where they were to attract good quality workers like we used to have. Bring back Sabre and Merlin so we communicate with the rest of the industry. Bring back USAir management, the west has no idea how to run the #1 money maker in the system effectivley. Listen to your long term employees on how to run the operation; we have been with this airline longer than most of HP management has been alive. Go back to basics: begin with airline 101 with new hires (and HP management should attend the classess as well.) Hire great aircraft cleaners (The Chinese and Mexicans are FANTASTIC at it...spend the freaking money...you get what you pay for.) Hire a high quality cleaning service to take care of the interior of the airport. Have a specified group to make needed repairs on walls, etc. Bring up into the lounge areas new and unused seats that are underneath the airport in unused gate areas. They are their, you just have to get up off of your lazy a$$es and do it. Have a quality control person (PHL based) to monitor all facets of the interior of the airport (get a small group together, I'm sure they will be glad to help. It's not that hard. We just need to get our upper management out of their offices, stop hiring managers from Dunkin Donuts and Pep Boys who have no airline experience. Actually had a director from Tempe who saw a A330 for the first time and said that it was a big airplane and what kind of plane was it? (swear to God!) There is nothing you can do about the ATC delays out of PHL, sitting between NY and DC Centers, but for Christ sake, this is so simple, it's scary. All PHL management has to do is get off their butts and get going.

Well said!

It amazes me every time I pass through PHL just how much things have changed but the net result is the same as it has been since my very first trip through PHL almost 20 years ago.

-No Jetway Driver
-No Marshallers
-No Catering
-Wrong Catering
-Need Lav Service
-Need Potable Water Service
-New York Severe Weather Avoidance Plan (SWAP)=Delay Delay Delay

While many of t he new "inner city" employees are really trying very hard to get it right, the general negative momentum of the USAirways Crown Jewel makes it tough for them to succeed.

As a study in contrast, just ease over to the Southwest gates on D or E Concourse in PHL and note the difference in:

-Initial Impression of the Customer Service Staff: Appearance and Demeanor
-Initial Impression of the Gate/Boarding Areas

Then look out the window. You will see:

-Clean Airplanes
-Hustling Employees
-Flights turned in 20 Minutes
-New Belt Loaders/Tugs
-New Catering Trucks

Rumor is that former PHL Station Director Ron Rhoderick is returning with a "Task Force" to help solve USAirways endemic shortcomings.
Many of which are not really USAirway's fault, but rest with the NINE! Regional partners that fly the USAirways Flag.

Good luck Ron. Don't forget to Check Six!

My guess is Camile will be the next to go. SHE HAS NO CLUE.......... Maybe we can bring MUELE in there, he needs to get out too!!! Just remember as Anthony and Camile have said and I quote " We want you here for a JOB not a Career "

Maybe someday AMERICA WEST MANAGEMENT will learn the VALUE of their Employees............

They will. When the average USAir employee learns the value of his or her job and stops performing it as if a pearl is about to fall out of their crown.

Okay with all the director's in PHL to fix the problems, and this mess happens.
As I have stated before they will not and can not fix PHL, unless they realize the stupid mistakes they made and coorect them.
IE: sabre to qik changeover, when it takes you 5 to 10 minutes to do one entry when it only took 1 minute in sabre. When these idiots
in tempe discover what a mess they have created them maybe problems would start to get fixed, but until they ACCEPT that they screwed
up nothing will get fixed. point number 2 treat your employee's better, we deserve respect for the work that we do, none of those top
directors and moving up the ladder to Doug, can or would do our job any better than we can.

HEY TOP BRASS TAKE THAT TO THE BANK........................................

Back