PHX F/A Scared of What?

jetman3133

Dec 28, 2003
Not a F/A just a concerned employee who listens.

If your based in PHX and you think that a load of moving vans are in line at PIT/CLT/PHL/LGA/BOS ready to move senior F/A's to PHX, guess again. Relax, most are set in their bases on the east. It's too expensive in PHX for housing, and living in general. Most of the F/A I've spoke to in the rescent months, said, no way to PHX. When you spend 15+ years on the east, you're pretty much set. So, concentrate on taking care of customers, those who make our paychecks, and deal with management and contract issues quietly, with your reps. Make it work! I'm trying to even with a furlough notice.

Jetman out... :cold:

If your based in PHX and you think that a load of moving vans are in line at PIT/CLT/PHL/LGA/BOS ready to move senior F/A's to PHX, guess again. Relax, most are set in their bases on the east. It's too expensive in PHX for housing, and living in general. Most of the F/A I've spoke to in the rescent months, said, no way to PHX. When you spend 15+ years on the east, you're pretty much set. So, concentrate on taking care of customers, those who make our paychecks, and deal with management and contract issues quietly, with your reps. Make it work! I'm trying to even with a furlough notice.

As long as all east coast bases remain open, most will not relocate.

And as long as there is not another involuntary furlough somewhere down the road, the West F/As don't have anything to worry about.

But the concern is if there is another furlough at some point.

from what iam hearing ( and someone correct me if i am wrong). hp was forecasted to hire more f/a's in 2006.i know that now they cannot hire off the street since we have f/a's on furlough. so those f/a's will be called back and given an offer to go to phx and be put at the bottom. now, what happens if they do not get the amount needed? they still can't hire off the street. so from what i hear phx will be open for transfers soon here like in march or april.
once again correct me if i am wrong or let me know what the real deal is. i for one, have no interest in going to phx.

First, yes HP is hiring in 2006. At last check it was 220 FA's needed for 2006. First class scheduled for March, but that could change. I'm not sure if there is any restriction right now as to where those people come from. The company would prefer recalling, the union says' "fine, but only if we get a raise for US West with same longevity" company says "sorry". Not sure where it stands at this point.

First, yes HP is hiring in 2006. At last check it was 220 FA's needed for 2006. First class scheduled for March, but that could change. I'm not sure if there is any restriction right now as to where those people come from. The company would prefer recalling, the union says' "fine, but only if we get a raise for US West with same longevity" company says "sorry". Not sure where it stands at this point.

I've heard the pay parity only affects the 1-10 year flight attendants since the senior F/As at HP makes about the same as US East. Is this true? What about the Fence?

Was just told the class is march 9th..and there are 30 f/a that were in a class that was cancelled because of the merger. Those new hires are being brought back first because they were already in class before the merger..Then they are bringing back the furloughed U f/a's..they just have not sent out any letters yet to confirm any of this..so if you are a furloughed U f/a or know one..those letters will most likely be sent soon. I know someone who has been off reserve at West for over a year and next month they are going back on reserve. West is drastically short right now. So someone needs to step up their game and start the callback ball rolling!!!! :up:

I should cut and paste this into every galley in the WEST fleet!

I've heard the pay parity only affects the 1-10 year flight attendants since the senior F/As at HP makes about the same as US East. Is this true? What about the Fence?
The pay jumps are in higher increments, but yes the top out is the same. Only our current contract does not have any further increases scheduled.

Was just told the class is march 9th..and there are 30 f/a that were in a class that was cancelled because of the merger. Those new hires are being brought back first because they were already in class before the merger..Then they are bringing back the furloughed U f/a's..they just have not sent out any letters yet to confirm any of this..so if you are a furloughed U f/a or know one..those letters will most likely be sent soon. I know someone who has been off reserve at West for over a year and next month they are going back on reserve. West is drastically short right now. So someone needs to step up their game and start the callback ball rolling!!!! :up:
The shortage may grow if a certain rumor is true. 20-30 jr F/As have been accepted for training at WN. That number is probably inflated.

Who were you told by? The 30 slots should be given to USAirways furloughees, also they didn't stop a class that was already started, they had hired people to start a class and the class got cancelled, so you should not be rooting for new hires to start from off the street, (even if it is just 30) that is 30 co-workers that need a job in the east - and if they do hire off the street - the west MEC has been advised that we will do one seniority list and a bump and flush can occur - all of those people will get furloughed!! pretty stupid in my opinion - why wouldn't you want to help a fellow co-worker?

Who were you told by? The 30 slots should be given to USAirways furloughees, also they didn't stop a class that was already started, they had hired people to start a class and the class got cancelled, so you should not be rooting for new hires to start from off the street, (even if it is just 30) that is 30 co-workers that need a job in the east - and if they do hire off the street - the west MEC has been advised that we will do one seniority list and a bump and flush can occur - all of those people will get furloughed!! pretty stupid in my opinion - why wouldn't you want to help a fellow co-worker?
First of all, did I ever say I was rooting for them? NO...Second of all the person I know is a f/a for them and is on one of the commities to combine the policy and procedures and they are also always at headquarters and knows the AFA reps over at west..so this came from just common knowledge if you are involved in all of that. I already questioned them on why should those 30 f/a be even going before the furloughed ones and at West if you are in traing already(which they were) then they are considered to be a part of the company already...so unless the AFA at East does something about it..sorry but that is how WEST will do it it. If you ask any of the WEST people that post on here they will tell you the same.

As long as all east coast bases remain open, most will not relocate.
This is very true..........folks in the West have little to worry about (sure as well Will Not be some mass migration to the desert) since it costs BIG BUCKS to move across the country when the employee has to foot the bill. Even if tranfers opened up the number of people that have their eyes on PHX are limited.....don't let Union bs/propaganda scare you into believing otherwise.

My point exactly! I know people who don't even like it out there (personally I love everything about it....weather/people/culture) but then the same person raves about Buffalo or Atlanta. We are very fortunate to live in a very diverse country- to visit is ONE thing, to LIVE there is another.

In a related note, the Valley Ho reopened yesterday as a yuppie palace. I was one of the nutjobs that liked it as it was.

Valley Ho's history adds to cachet
Movie stars, athletes stayed at swank hotel

Peter Corbett
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 20, 2005 12:00 AM

SCOTTSDALE - Open the blinds and take the "do not disturb" sign off the door. Hotel Valley Ho is back.

Scottsdale's oldest hotel - with a swank new edge to its mid-1950s style - reopens today for a second run at becoming the city's toniest downtown setting.

After three years and an $80 million face lift, Westroc Hospitality partners Scott Lyon and Bill Nassikas will try to recapture the magic that for decades brought so many locals and visiting celebrities through the Valley Ho's doors to its poolside oasis.

<SNIP>

Valley Ho's guest book reads like a who's who of Hollywood and sports: Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood, Bing Crosby, Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh, Frankie Avalon, Jimmy Durante and Roy Rogers, along with baseball greats Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams and fiery manager Leo Durocher, who always stayed in Room 103.

Those were the best overnights!! Always like 5 crews at the pool at the same time...just having fun!! Alot of cool places to eat and walk to(if it was not to hot out to walk)..The rooms were nasty...but..it was always a fun time.

Back