PIT F/A & Pilot Numbers

Dec 23, 2006
There are 531 active FA and Pilot employees based in PIT.

There are an additional 128 FA and 110 Pilots on a leave of absence.

In addition to the PIT based Pilot/FA group we have an additional 485 who live in the area and commute to a
different base.

Seventy percent of the displaced PIT FA lines will be allocated to CLT.

The remaining 30% will be dispersed amongst other East bases.

So how many daily mainline flight are there between PIT and CLT? Is AFA and USAPA going to be trying to secure a "reasonable" commuting policy and possibly working on SATELLITE Bases?

So how many daily mainline flight are there between PIT and CLT? Is AFA and USAPA going to be trying to secure a "reasonable" commuting policy and possibly working on SATELLITE Bases?
Q. You mention commuting – how will employees be able to do that with fewer
flights?
A. Although we won’t add ferry flights to PHL or CLT to handle commuters, we will offer
relocation packages to those employees who choose to move to their new base cities.
We also have interline agreements that allow our employees to fly on other carriers at a
significant discount. Commuting is always a challenge, and we recognize it will become
more of a challenge with this announcement.

http://www.flyteamsters.org/FAQs_reducedscheduleimpact.pdf

The sad truth is that there will be no early out incentives offered---This is Tempe's way of what you could call senior-cleansing----They hope to make your life so miserable that you quit.....

Q. You mention commuting – how will employees be able to do that with fewer
flights?
A. Although we won’t add ferry flights to PHL or CLT to handle commuters, we will offer
relocation packages to those employees who choose to move to their new base cities.
We also have interline agreements that allow our employees to fly on other carriers at a
significant discount. Commuting is always a challenge, and we recognize it will become
more of a challenge with this announcement.

http://www.flyteamsters.org/FAQs_reducedscheduleimpact.pdf

The sad truth is that there will be no early out incentives offered---This is Tempe's way of what you could call senior-cleansing----They hope to make your life so miserable that you quit.....
But, they added ferry flights between LAX/SFO and PIT when they closed the west, right? Oh wait, no they didn't!

The LAX/SFO crewmembers could fly for free on WN, right? Oh wait, no they couldn't!

Ask some of the west coast people who had to commute 5 hours on 2 nonstops per day. They'll give you some pointers.

Senior Cleansing? Why? They are being offered jobs in 5 other bases throughout the Northeast, not being laid off. Plenty of room for them at the company.

Welcome to PHL, guys. We'll help you any way we can.

But, they added ferry flights between LAX/SFO and PIT when they closed the west, right? Oh wait, no they didn't!

The LAX/SFO crewmembers could fly for free on WN, right? Oh wait, no they couldn't!

Ask some of the west coast people who had to commute 5 hours on 2 nonstops per day. They'll give you some pointers.

Senior Cleansing? Why? They are being offered jobs in 5 other bases throughout the Northeast, not being laid off. Plenty of room for them at the company.

Welcome to PHL, guys. We'll help you any way we can.

There were three domiciles with over 700 pilots in the west at the time of the PSA merger. Frankly, a commute from PIT to DCA or PHL sounds like a walk in the park compared to what we went through in the west. You can drive DCA in what, 3 or 4 hours? Maybe 4-5 times per month?

Really, senior cleansing? Did they offer a buyout when they closed GSO? Hell no. They displace them all. Mostly infront of me. Did I care, not really. It's a business. Oh, that's right, we work for the business. Do I fee for those folks, yes. Probably more than they ever felt for me when I was displaced out of PIT. At least they know whichever base they go to, they will hold a block. Did they feel for rsv's when the LTO was put in, not really. They changed they attitude once it hit them in PIT at what 25 years was a rsv. Noe you are feeling the pain we have felt for 19 years. This wo is me crap is getting old, real fast. If you think I have a negative attitude, you are dead wrong. I just realize, unless I run and own my own business, I work for someone else. When I was pushed out of PIT, I reevaluated what was important to me and made grown up decisions. And guess what, everything is going fine. You'll be ok, trust me.

name='Be Careful What You Wish For.' date='Oct 10 2007, 09:08 AM' post='533080']

There are 531 active FA and Pilot employees based in PIT.

The actual numer is 494 based in PIT, 312 active and 182 in-active

There are an additional 128 FA and 110 Pilots on a leave of absence

Not sure of the numbers for the pilot group, but the F/A's on leave are basically long term and many won't return for various reasons.

In addition to the PIT based Pilot/FA group we have an additional 485 who live in the area and commute to a different base.

What does this have to do with the PIT flight attendants making their decision on where to relocate?
Seventy percent of the displaced PIT FA lines will be allocated to CLT.

This number DOES NOT EXIST to a flight attendant. There is no such thing as a displaced flight attendant line of flying. Blocks are built per our F/A current contract based on pilots lines of flying, meaning where the aircraft time goes, so does the lines of flying to cover the aircraft. Company stated last week that most of the 737 time would be going to CLT the rest to PHL and DCA. As for the Airbus time I believe it is all going to PHL. The actual lines of flying from the dispersment of the PIT time won't be realized till mid 2008 when all of the training and placement for pilot bids would materialize. I hope you are not trying to skew the real outlook on what is happening here. If you are going to quote real numbers, quote real numbers not hi-perboli.

The remaining 30% will be dispersed amongst other East bases.

This number will also be skewed as the bids for the aircraft will change as the time is removed from PIT. The real numbers should be tied to where the aircraft is going. If you figure last months Airbus time in PIT had say 25 lines that equal to 75 flight attendants, add the 6 lines of Airbus D Flight attendants and that is 6 more flight attendants bringing the total to 81 F/A's. Now if you add the 737 time and as I recall there were around the same amount of lines there, that also would equal about 75 flight attendants. If say 70% of the 737 time goes to CLT, that number would bring down the amount of line holders for that aircraft to around 55 or 60. As you can clearly see the majority of flying will be going to PHL, with CLT second and DCA third.
Puting out mis-information is just as dangerous as skewing it. I know there are people in PHL trying there best to keep the PIT group out of there. Let's face it, most f/a's are going to go where the time is, the easier commute would be, and their best chance for advancment. Unfortunately PHL is looking as the likely candidate. Sorry PHL...

Just my opinion...

Actually, the pilot bid for Jan/Feb is out now and shows where the lines will be going......

737 - CLT gains 18 pilot lines (equivalent to 54 F/A lines) and DCA gains 6 pilot lines (18 F/A lines).

A320 - CLT gains 15 pilot lines and DCA gains 12 pilot lines. The number of equivalent F/A lines will depend on the mix of A319/20/21 time in those lines, but would be a minimum of 45 in CLT and 36 in DCA.

Note that PIT retains 1 pilot line for both the 737 and A320 for Feb.

So except for the single line on the 737 and A320, the rest of the time is going to CLT and DCA.

Jim

That's very true FLY! They can come to any base they like and knock a more JR person out of the base. And then that person can knock someone else. Isn't that just quaint? I swear is like a perfectly vicious little circle of super senority <_< But hey, as long as there is someone under you to step on, it's all fair game.

That's very true FLY! They can come to any base they like and knock a more JR person out of the base. I swear is like a perfectly vicious little circle of super senority

:angry: Really Beachboy....
That's the contract. Plain & simple.
Believe me, no one involved is enjoying this upheaval.
Too much stress for everyone.
There's no "Super Seniority"; just a lot of lives disrupted during the Holiday Season.
Ho Ho Ho.

Actually, the pilot bid for Jan/Feb is out now and shows where the lines will be going......

737 - CLT gains 18 pilot lines (equivalent to 54 F/A lines) and DCA gains 6 pilot lines (18 F/A lines).

A320 - CLT gains 15 pilot lines and DCA gains 12 pilot lines. The number of equivalent F/A lines will depend on the mix of A319/20/21 time in those lines, but would be a minimum of 45 in CLT and 36 in DCA.

Note that PIT retains 1 pilot line for both the 737 and A320 for Feb.

So except for the single line on the 737 and A320, the rest of the time is going to CLT and DCA.

Jim
Jim, do you know if there are any plans to bring A320 lines to Boston? According to the question and answer section on the hub, Boston was mentioned to be receiving time also.

[quote name='safety stud' date='Oct 10 2007, 05:17 PM' post='533253
Puting out mis-information is just as dangerous as skewing it.
[/quote]

See above link... my you spent a lot of time on that post.

Back