PIT F/A & Pilot Numbers

Jim, do you know if there are any plans to bring A320 lines to Boston? According to the question and answer section on the hub, Boston was mentioned to be receiving time also.
According to the Jan/Feb pilot bid, BOS gains no pilot lines. That isn't to say that bases other then CLT & DCA won't get any of the time that's leaving PIT, just that BOS/PHL/LGA aren't increasing the number of pilot lines. There could be changes in the amount of open time in those bases, but not enough to create additional lines.

I assume that it's also possible to add F/A lines to a base without adding pilot lines, at least on the Airbus. For example, if BOS got more A321 flying and less A319, it wouldn't affect the number of pilot lines but could affect the number of F/A lines. F/A's would know more about how the staffing variances between the A319/20/21 affect the number of lines than I would.

Jim

The flight attendants currently in PIT can go to any crew base they want. They do not have to follow the time.

sky high states: The NEW Commuters will go to bases that have to most viable way to get to work.

PIT to BOS......3 non stops a day, A319 and 737's operate that route.
PIT to LGA......2 non stops and all Regional jets
PIT to DCA......Mostly Regionals and connections thru LGA or PHL.
PIT to CLT......Six non stops....regionals and connections thru DCA and RDU/RIC
PIT to PHL......Six non stops....regionals and Seven flights a day on Southwest.

it wont be pretty!

only stating opinions

Did they ever extend the subway/train out to BWI? I know there was talk about it at one time. If so, there's 3 WN n/s a day PIT/BWI/PIT.

Jim

Keep in mind too that any numbers that come from the company are most likely wrong. They took all that time to make up packets for the PIT F/As with seniority for other bases but left off 17 active and 16 inactive from the bottom of PITs list. OOOps, I guess I don't exist.
Also, for the PHL base seniority list they gave us they mixed up base seniority w/ system seniority...obviously they took the mail order course in proof-reading 101. DUH.

According to the Jan/Feb pilot bid, BOS gains no pilot lines. That isn't to say that bases other then CLT & DCA won't get any of the time that's leaving PIT, just that BOS/PHL/LGA aren't increasing the number of pilot lines. There could be changes in the amount of open time in those bases, but not enough to create additional lines.

I assume that it's also possible to add F/A lines to a base without adding pilot lines, at least on the Airbus. For example, if BOS got more A321 flying and less A319, it wouldn't affect the number of pilot lines but could affect the number of F/A lines. F/A's would know more about how the staffing variances between the A319/20/21 affect the number of lines than I would.

Jim
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. As of now Boston does not have any extra trips on the A321. Do you know how they determine what bases are allocated time?

:angry: Really Beachboy....
That's the contract. Plain & simple.
Believe me, no one involved is enjoying this upheaval.
Too much stress for everyone.
There's no "Super Seniority"; just a lot of lives disrupted during the Holiday Season.
Ho Ho Ho.

Yeah, it's in our contract. So are a lot of things that were written for back 25 years ago when RSV was not a 20 year trek through hell! :shock: Just because it's there doesn't make it right in my view.

Yeah, it's in our contract. So are a lot of things that were written for back 25 years ago when RSV was not a 20 year trek through hell! :shock: Just because it's there doesn't make it right in my view.
However, isn't it ironic that our PIT based F/As were the only base as a whole who voted NO on this last contract....
Next contract, everyone needs to read it very carefully and think outside the box with a lot of "what ifs'

However, isn't it ironic that our PIT based F/As were the only base as a whole who voted NO on this last contract....
Next contract, everyone needs to read it very carefully and think outside the box with a lot of "what ifs'
It is a bit ironic that PIT F/As would be concerned about reserve issues.

sky high states: The NEW Commuters will go to bases that have to most viable way to get to work.

PIT to BOS......3 non stops a day, A319 and 737's operate that route.
PIT to LGA......2 non stops and all Regional jets
PIT to CLT......Six non stops....regionals and connections thru DCA and RDU/RIC
PIT to PHL......Six non stops....regionals and Seven flights a day on Southwest.

it wont be pretty!

only stating opinions

According to the PowerPoing presentation that was put out on theHub the above information is incorret....

PIT to BOS is staying at 4 flights a day (mainline and express)
PIT to PHL is staying at 10 flights a day (mainline and express)...losing on mainline to express
PIT to CLT is INCREASING from 6 to 8 a day (mainline and express)
PIT to LGA is INCREASING from 6 to 8 a day (mainline and express)
PIT to DCA is DECREASING from 8 to 6 a day (mainline and express)

This information can be found from a link on theHub....PIT Hub restructure Summary. PASSWORD REQUIRED

http://thehub.usairways.com/news/2007/pit/PIT.htm

It is a bit ironic that PIT F/As would be concerned about reserve issues.
Actually, even though I will be a B/H again in January for the 1st time in almost 3 years since I went on RSV, yes, I AM concerned about RSV issues. This system sucks and NO ONE should live under it. When I say to "think outside the box," what happened w/ PIT downsizing could happen to any other base. Who ever thought we'd go from 3000 F/As to 0 ??

All F/As should concern themselves w/ the working conditions of ALL F/As...B/H or RSV because at some point in time, they just might find themselves back on RSV or being a B/H who can only hold weekends w/ weekend touch restrictions.

I'm sorry that so many got hired before you and that they're senior to you OK....is that what you wanted to hear ???

Do you know how they determine what bases are allocated time?
Only that it starts with marketing - or did when CCY was running things so I assume it still does. Marketing puts together the schedule they'd like to see (what plane types fly where when), then maintenance and resource planning massage it to work with their needs (maintenance cycles, pilot training, crew duty times, etc). Once they have a final flight schedule, a computer program spits out the trips.

Jim

Actually, even though I will be a B/H again in January for the 1st time in almost 3 years since I went on RSV, yes, I AM concerned about RSV issues. This system sucks and NO ONE should live under it. When I say to "think outside the box," what happened w/ PIT downsizing could happen to any other base. Who ever thought we'd go from 3000 F/As to 0 ??

All F/As should concern themselves w/ the working conditions of ALL F/As...B/H or RSV because at some point in time, they just might find themselves back on RSV or being a B/H who can only hold weekends w/ weekend touch restrictions.

I'm sorry that so many got hired before you and that they're senior to you OK....is that what you wanted to hear ???

I could not agree with you more.

EVERYBODY needs to look at EVERY aspect of ANY TA that comes in front of you. If it resembles ANYTHING like this current system.....big fat NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seniority is obiously the biggest issue for everyone at this point.

The only thing the company and our USELESS union can do is offer a buy out to help the less senior flight attendants.

Back