Plane skids off runway at LaGuardia

Looks like it. Would be somewhat ironic if it's in the same bay where the US Airways F-100 that almost went in the water was stored back in 1992.

and where WN's much newer 737 made a stop before being carted off, wait, wait, with its titles removed.

sad use of a hangar but it likely won't be the last time.

eolesen said:
Looks like it. Would be somewhat ironic if it's in the same bay where the US Airways F-100 that almost went in the water was stored back in 1992.
That was an F28, not a F100, and US also had a 734 that had an accident at LGA.

robbedagain said:
Agree E

that AA hangar is that the original hangar?

eolesen said:
Is that the one the NW A319 was stored in for awhile, or was that in the MQ-owned hangar?

I believe it was a NW A319 that hit a jetway causing substantial damage.

•  
  • On 19 January 2003, Northwest Airlines Airbus A319-114 and registered as N313NB, was damaged by maintenance personnel at LaGuardia Airport being taxied from a maintenance area to the gate, striking the gate and a 757, collapsing the nosegear. The Airbus was damaged beyond repair and written off.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
That was an F28, not a F100
Sorry, forgot it was a little motor Fokker instead of the big motor Fokker (the F100 was the F28-1000...).

Actually Piedmont flew the F28-1000 and the F28-4000.

The F100 was certified as the F28-0100.

Fokker_F28-1000_Fellowship,_Piedmont_Airlines_JP5929807.jpg

0026372.jpg

thanks 700

I sure do remember working those F100s   hated them   nice to fly on them  hated working them   fiber glass floor in the cargo bin made for unpleasant loading n unloading

Glenn Quagmire said:
It is no wonder they couldn't stop. 500 mph is a little hot for an LGA landing. Sigh.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
What do you mean a little hot?  That's freakin cruising at altitude speeds.  Landing speed is somewhere around 140-180 I believe, therefore the 500 you state is more than 3 times the speed they should have been going.  200 mph would have been a little hot, 500 would be freakin on fire...
BTW, if you trust CNN for your news you better go somewhere else for it...

swamt said:
What do you mean a little hot?  That's freakin cruising at altitude speeds.  Landing speed is somewhere around 140-180 I believe, therefore the 500 you state is more than 3 times the speed they should have been going.  200 mph would have been a little hot, 500 would be freakin on fire...
BTW, if you trust CNN for your news you better go somewhere else for it...
I guess recognizing sarcasm is not your strong suit.

Here is another for you:

View attachment 10620

Sexy looking MD-88

Reactions: 2 people