Possible Merger and Striking NW Mechanics

PhxMama

Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Although I dont work for either airline, I have read the boards for both airlines for a while. My question for the Delta folks is... what do you think of possibly(yes,only possibly) merging with a company that has scabs as replacement workers for its mechanics? Does it bother you or make it question your future? I'm still trying to figure out the future of the US and Hp merger(AND MINE TOO!)

Probably does not matter. They will be at the bottom of any list and hence be out on the street.

...merging with a company that has scabs as replacement workers for its mechanics?

Well Delta employees are already performing struck work so I guess they are already Scabs. So what’s the big deal? Scab replacement workers? Don't forget about the AMFA Boys you guys were so proud of. Lets not forget about the Rampers with the IAM that are performing struck work, they are Scabs just as well. Like I said it won't be long and you guys won't know who's who. Please take note of my signature.

Probably does not matter. They will be at the bottom of any list and hence be out on the street.
I'll be willing to bet that’s what the X-AA guys thought about the TWA'ers. Who ended up in the street on that deal? The bottom of any list? Do name one or two lists that would matter in the event of a merger.

Delta's mechanics are not union, therefore it doesnt matter. if they were union then it'd be a different story. only the pilots are union at Delta.

Delta's mechanics are not union, therefore it doesnt matter. if they were union then it'd be a different story. only the pilots are union at Delta.

OH, Now I understand. If you are an individual and you perform struck work you are a worthless scabs. but if you are a few thousand and you work for Delta, its not scabbing. It doesn't matter at all. :lol: I'll say it again. whos's who.

Well Delta employees are already performing struck work so I guess they are already Scabs. So what’s the big deal? Scab replacement workers? Don't forget about the AMFA Boys you guys were so proud of. Lets not forget about the Rampers with the IAM that are performing struck work, they are Scabs just as well.

Hello pot, meet Kettle.

How many times will you have to read that all the work now performed by ESE's in former MTX stations is (and has been for long long time) covered under their scope clause before you get it?

This has been debated ad nauseum on other threads through out this site. I'm suprised you missed it....

That would be a nightmare for the employees. Delta's management isn't perfect, but employee relations at Delta are a freaking paradise compared to the nightmare that exists at Northwest.

Integrating those two cultures would be oil and water, cats and dogs living together, etc.

I don't understand why so many analysts look at Delta and Northwest merging. other than route networks it would be a nightmare merger.

That would be a nightmare for the employees. Delta's management isn't perfect, but employee relations at Delta are a freaking paradise compared to the nightmare that exists at Northwest.

Integrating those two cultures would be oil and water, cats and dogs living together, etc.

I don't understand why so many analysts look at Delta and Northwest merging. other than route networks it would be a nightmare merger.
Kinda like HP and US Airways????

...the work now performed by ESE's in former MTX stations is (and has been for long long time) covered under their scope clause...

I didn't miss it, I just don't understand it. It is the same picture, you are just trying to paint it a different color. There is an on going strike, if anyone performs any type of maintenance on struck work it is scabbing, plain and simple. If you guys are going to color coat scabbing then there is no hope in hell that your unions will ever be effective. The NWA AMFA AMT's struck. Anyone working any aircraft that has NWA written on it is a SCAB. In my opinion anyone working on Mesaba aircraft painted with NWA colors are Scabs. You guys are letting unions cloud your own beliefs, for scraps.

Delta AMT's are Scabs, NWA AMT's are Scabs. It will be a good merger.

I didn't miss it, I just don't understand it. It is the same picture, you are just trying to paint it a different color. There is an on going strike, if anyone performs any type of maintenance on struck work it is scabbing, plain and simple. If you guys are going to color coat scabbing then there is no hope in hell that your unions will ever be effective. The NWA AMFA AMT's struck. Anyone working any aircraft that has NWA written on it is a SCAB. In my opinion anyone working on Mesaba aircraft painted with NWA colors are Scabs. You guys are letting unions cloud your own beliefs, for scraps.

Delta AMT's are Scabs, NWA AMT's are Scabs. It will be a good merger.

You have a short memory.

How many times on how many threads did we go around and around about why I have not and would not perform struck work?

Do I think it's right that others are doing it? Absolutely not, but it's still in the CBA. It was particularly odious of DePace to slither under Steenland's desk to resecure this work. It provided absolutely NO extra job security, and made us all look bad in the eyes of other union workgroups. He still has the mentality of a jilted lover, and it's completely misguided.

As for Mesaba, you've been misinformed. Mesaba has their own AMT's, and there was a TRO stopping them from sympathy striking with their AMFA brethren at NW.

(yes, I know NW subleased 35 ARJs and 2 CRJs to XJ, but that is a thread for another day).

Back on topic: From an operational/logisitics/fleet planning/labor intergration point of view a NW/DL marriage would be a disaster from day one....

I do not care about CBA's or TRO's. They are AMT's Working on NWA aircraft. The majority of the public are clueless of your acronyms and Mesabas little name written in fine print on the aircraft. They see NWA. That aircraft is flying and it is flying fine taking them were they want to go. There is no solidarity in the AMT craft and there is no way your ignorant unions are ever going to make it that way. There is no solidarity among the unions so unionism and solidarity its self is a farce and all you suckers continue to fall for the idea of unionism even though it doesn't exist.

Back on topic: From an operational/logisitics/fleet planning/labor intergration point of view a NW/DL marriage would be a disaster from day one....

It can be done. I am not saying it is going to be easy but the two of them coming out of bankruptcy could very well put them in a position to build an airline that would be unriveld. That is if they are able to integrate into each other slowly and smoothly with out screwing it up. Both already being a part of Sky Team and already somewhat integrated will be the key to a smooth transition.

You know the funny thing about this is that the government already told Dl and NW to forget it when they would not allow anti-trust immunity on routes and fares. Unless the airlines sell half of what they control, these two will never get together, I don't care which analyst says what. PTO - these two airlines would have to shed too many good things that it would not be worthwhile in the long run. United and US could have done this and still be a mediocre carrier struggling along.

Although I dont work for either airline, I have read the boards for both airlines for a while. My question for the Delta folks is... what do you think of possibly(yes,only possibly) merging with a company that has scabs as replacement workers for its mechanics? Does it bother you or make it question your future? I'm still trying to figure out the future of the US and Hp merger(AND MINE TOO!)

Delta is all non-union excpet for the pilots. So, SCABS would be welcomed at Delta. Delta loves SCABS and non-union kool-aid drinkers. It will be a perfect fit. You can rename the airline:

NON-UNION SCABWAYS

Back