Pre Departure Alcohol Service in FLORIDA

skynews

Feb 4, 2008
Are there any F/A's out there that know we are NOT allowed to serve alcohol on the ground for pre departure bev's in the state of FLORIDA????? I never heard this policy until today! I knew New Mexico nixed US on the alcohol service, but i had no idea that there was a policy for FLORIDA as well. Flight Attendant Policies & Procedures manual 3.1.7. Section 3.19 WHO KNEW???

Are there any F/A's out there that know we are NOT allowed to serve alcohol on the ground for pre departure bev's in the state of FLORIDA????? I never heard this policy until today! I knew New Mexico nixed US on the alcohol service, but i had no idea that there was a policy for FLORIDA as well. Flight Attendant Policies & Procedures manual 3.1.7. Section 3.19 WHO KNEW???

I knew. Because so many out there DON'T know, or know and DON'T follow procedure (it is a violation of state law for us to serve liquor on the ground in Florida), I am usually perceived by First Class pax as someone who is making their own rules, lazy, or don't know what I am talking about because "they got it the last time they flew out of Ft. Lauderdale on US Airways."

From what I have been told by mis-management, we do not have a Florida state liquor license to serve liquor while on the ground in Florida.

So for everyone out there who doesn't abide by the rules set by the state, get on the same page already and stop making those of us that do look bad. :rolleyes:

I keep hearing this--is this limited to US? I recall the last time I flew AA from MIA I was served on the ground.

When did we lose that license? or did we never have one initially? Please let me know where in the verbage of the FA Manual does it say that? "Flight Attendant Policies & Procedures manual 3.1.7. Section 3.19"?

The "original" USAirways had the license to serve alcohol in Florida and AWA did not....to keep it consistent for all passengers flying on the "new" USAirways, the company decided to go with the AWA rule.

The "original" USAirways had the license to serve alcohol in Florida and AWA did not....to keep it consistent for all passengers flying on the "new" USAirways, the company decided to go with the AWA rule.

Of course, it was cheaper. How come they don't have glassware on the East side if they are looking for consistency? Bunch of freaking liars.

Of course, it was cheaper. How come they don't have glassware on the East side if they are looking for consistency? Bunch of freaking liars.

One of the greatest mysteries of all.....after all the glassware that the west is using was on the East first! :huh:

One of the greatest mysteries of all.....after all the glassware that the west is using was on the East first! :huh:
Well now you all heard that they had some sort of yard sale in PHX and sold a bunch of the china and glassware from the east right??
This was like 6 or 7 months ago, I saw it in US Daily.

Latest posts