Pre Departure Alcohol Service in FLORIDA

I know everyone likes to bash US Airways instead of discussing the thread, but I have a legitimate question.

Does any airline need a liquor license? Wouldn't this be a case of a state interfering with interstate commerce? Perhaps if they are still at the gate with the jetbridge attached it changes things, but I would think its still out of state jurisdiction.

My back ground is in passenger ship operations. Each of our boats needed a liquor license to sell liquor while tied up to the dock. Once the lines were let go we could serve all we wanted. However, the license fees were very in expensive about $200.00 ten years ago.

The legal theory was the lines from the boat to the dock made the vessel attached to that state, no line no attachment.

Liars is such a militant term. Let's just say that the truth never stopped them when it comes to saving a buck. :lol:
NO they are LIARS and incompetent one's - how pathetic. TEMPE most seriously has "NO CLUE" how to run an airline.

Of course, it was cheaper. How come they don't have glassware on the East side if they are looking for consistency? Bunch of freaking liars.
It doesn't fit, don't you know?! They all ready ripped out the closets. How do you think they can fit such precious glassware on a real US Airways flight??! :rolleyes:

GREAT ONE PINEY----LOL-----other day at LAS ----were catered and FA were complaining we didn't get anything we needed----several calls were made----SUP for catering came out-----says you got exactly what PHX calls for you to have-----turns out we were catered exactly like a WEST flight----->>lawn chair and a seat belt.

Well now you all heard that they had some sort of yard sale in PHX and sold a bunch of the china and glassware from the east right??
This was like 6 or 7 months ago, I saw it in US Daily.

Oh yeah forgot about that one :lol: .....there have been soo many stories fabricated and reasons given as to why the "East" doesn't have the glassware they once used to have! :huh:

And Thats Why U Do Not Fly US.. And We Thank You SOOOO Much!! :up:
Glad I could brighten your day. OOOH, is that a call bell ringing? Ma kettle in 12E has a dirty diaper for you to throw away. Seems like you were too busy reading Tiger Beat.

Glad I could brighten your day. OOOH, is that a call bell ringing? Ma kettle in 12E has a dirty diaper for you to throw away. Seems like you were too busy reading Tiger Beat.

I Don't Touch Dirty Diapers First Of All And What The Heck Is Tiger Beat? You Must Have Me Confused With Someone Else>>>!!

I know everyone likes to bash US Airways instead of discussing the thread, but I have a legitimate question.

Does any airline need a liquor license? Wouldn't this be a case of a state interfering with interstate commerce? Perhaps if they are still at the gate with the jetbridge attached it changes things, but I would think its still out of state jurisdiction.

The states are powerless to interfere with alcohol service if the airplane is in flight, but states are permitted to regulate service on the ground. So pre-departure beverages, by definition, must comply with the state laws, including various Sunday restrictions (mostly not before Noon or so) in the states that have such blue laws.

When New Mexico took issue with US, it incorrectly said it could prevent US from serving alcohol on flights to/from and over the state. The New Mexico alcohol commissioner was out to lunch. All New Mexico can legally do is prevent alcohol service on the ground in NM.

Most airlines, of course, simply apply for and pay the nominal fees to the various states where they anticipate serving alcohol. For a multi-billion dollar airline, the fees amount to rounding errors - not a material amount in any sense.

Latest posts