Priority 1 rid ourselves of the TWU

How about you try this. I think you're a smart guy. Why don't you try and get involved with the TWU instead of going again the path you once ventured that made you ineligible to be involed while you were staffed in Tulsa. You have transferred to a smaller staffed station and someone of your caliber could be benificial to the members there. What, is there only 20 AMT's in SEA? I think you could succeed if you would only give it a try, but its up to you....

what are you going to do send him to "sell out school"? educate him on how to manipulate people and with hold information. Or better yet, write language after a vote?
please tell him all the great things that the TWU ATD has accomplished in our work group over the years. start with #1 and see how far it goes.
Get involved but dont have an opposing opinion.
Explain to him how the TWU takes no responsibility for anything.....

examples:

"what ever you guys want to do"
"the experts told us"
"it's the company"
It's Bob Owens"
"the members voted it in"
"it's the NMB"
"it's the mediator"
"they can do that"
"the negotiating committee brought it back"
"you can form a committee on that...........

what has the TWU ATD taken credit for ? They own the contract but It is everyone else!

what are you going to do send him to "sell out school"? educate him on how to manipulate people and with hold information. Or better yet, write language after a vote?
please tell him all the great things that the TWU ATD has accomplished in our work group over the years. start with #1 and see how far it goes.

examples:

"the experts told us"
"it's the company"
It's Bob Owens"
"it's the NMB"
"it's the mediator"
"they can do that"

what has the TWU ATD taken credit for ? They own the contract but It is everyone else!

Without Further Ratification

examples:

"the experts told us"
"it's the company"
It's Bob Owens"
"it's the NMB"
"it's the mediator"
"they can do that"

what has the TWU ATD taken credit for ? We own the contract but It is everyone else!

Not talking about him starting his involvement within the TWU ATD whom you seem to have reservations with. I'm talking about him getting involved within his Station or Local and offering his talents to the members who he may come to represent. Learning his contract, bylaws, constitution, company policies and how to best represent his members under the TWU if he so chooses. I think he could succeed and rise above what you criticize here....

Not talking about him starting his involvement within the TWU ATD whom you seem to have reservations with. I'm talking about him getting involved within his Station or Local and offering his talents to the members who he may come to represent. Learning his contract, bylaws, constitution, company policies and how to best represent his members under the TWU if he so chooses. I think he could succeed and rise above what you criticize here....

On the other hand,

You certainly cannot!

Your feedback is -289.

There are very few guys around this site who approve of what you post.

You are the ideal typical twu worshipper.

He's a twu arbitrator......Chris Rhinehart......he's doing the best he can!

I can't help that I can see potential in leadership for some who post here, but odie you don't meet the standard....sorry pal ;)

I believe that for the Mechanics and Related class and craft AMFA is the way to go.

My coworkers (by now) are abundantly aware of this fact. In fact I think their ears are numb.

I prefer craft unionism over industrial unionism.

I believe that unions are in most cases a necessary evil.

The last time the membership had a vote was 1948 I believe we are over due.

My loyalty will magically transform to whichever union the membership selects to represent them in a free and fair election.

I have no ax to grind with yes voters or no voters or any particular local.

I do have an ax to grind with the International.

We were screwed out of right to vote last time and to borrow a famous quote from Don Rodgers...

No vote no peace.

I

I can't help that I can see potential in leadership for some who post here, but odie you don't meet the standard....sorry pal ;)

Neither do you.

You are confusing sucking up with leadership potential.

You ain't got leadership potential, but you have the suck part down pat.

dobby,

You think I am promoting AMFA to make friends?

I am promoting AMFA because AMFA's structure of having ALL officers elected by the membership is what is needed to have accountability.

You don't agree with the fact of my post above so from behind an alias you attempt to insult me. Now that is unfriendly.

I don't have friends? I agree. Anyone in the twu international that is appointed and unaccountable probably doesn't like me. I'm sure King George didn't care much for the Colonists either.

By the way. If making friends means selling out my beliefs, craft & profession so I can promote an industrial, catch all union where appointed officers make 3X what the membership makes I'll pass.

GO AMFA!

Katelynn,

Trying to be an interpreter for these "Plain English" posts can be real tricky but I think I feel confident enough to help you. Contrary to your interpretation of whatajokes post it appears that he isn't concerned with your friend making skills or abilities or lack there of. You seem to be the sole concerned party. The message to you is that your reputation seems to precede you with some people in Tulsa that are fence riders about a change in representation and that the fact that you are/could be involved in trying to gain commitment from these people will/could have a negative impact on the effort. Now this is where it gets a little fuzzy, I'm not sure if it is because you are such an idiot and VERY public about it or the fact that you are an idiot that makes bad decisions and are VERY public about it. He has a bit of an accent that is throwing me off but it could be either one or most likely both. He then makes reference to needing new blood to be victorious which could be a reference to the fact that when you do make bad decisions you have a hard time owning them and when an inquiry is made as to reasoning you ignore it like it will go away or never happened. Ok that last sentence I added on my own but felt it applied and was appropriate.

One more thing I'm pretty sure no one thinks you are selling out your beliefs, craft & profession so you can promote an industrial catch all union they Know your selling out to give credit to an organization that is lobbying to destroy our Craft and Profession.

I have a question, how can a person learn about a contract that isn't even written yet? How many SEA twu personnel will be present when the final contract language is agreed upon by the company and the twu int'l Bootlickin Brigade? I know, that was two questions.

The twu just did worse than what they have accused AMFA of doing for years. I still remember the story from a fella in the AFW structures building that was approached by a convicted felon hired by the twu int'l as an agent provocatuer against AMFA supporters during the 2003-04 drive. When told about what a mistake he was making by backing the AMFA against his co-employer, twu, the fella tells the twu felon that after 42 years of twu representation at Pan Am and AA he will receive about $800 after taxes. He told the twu punk to STFU and get outta his shop before he vomitted on him!! Thanks TWU!!!!

Dan Cunningham

I have a question, how can a person learn about a contract that isn't even written yet? How many SEA twu personnel will be present when the final contract language is agreed upon by the company and the twu int'l Bootlickin Brigade? I know, that was two questions.

The twu just did worse than what they have accused AMFA of doing for years. I still remember the story from a fella in the AFW structures building that was approached by a convicted felon hired by the twu int'l as an agent provocatuer against AMFA supporters during the 2003-04 drive. When told about what a mistake he was making by backing the AMFA against his co-employer, twu, the fella tells the twu felon that after 42 years of twu representation at Pan Am and AA he will receive about $800 after taxes. He told the twu punk to STFU and get outta his shop before he vomitted on him!! Thanks TWU!!!!

Dan Cunningham

Your contract is written. It is a living document that has been amended and ratified by a majority vote of the membership. But since we are in bankruptcy thanks to a few who thought that would never come to be, we will have to wait until September 12, 2012 before the judge gives his blessing. The vast part of what I cited will go unchanged with the new agreement so education for those who wish to move to leadership positions could already be educating themselves on what it takes to represent the members of the TWU.... B)

Your contract is written. It is a living document that has been amended and ratified by a majority vote of the membership. But since we are in bankruptcy thanks to a few who thought that would never come to be, we will have to wait until September 12, 2012 before the judge gives his blessing. The vast part of what I cited will go unchanged with the new agreement so education for those who wish to move to leadership positions could already be educating themselves on what it takes to represent the members of the TWU.... B)

Dobby,

"represent the members"?

Is that anything like peddling a concessionary
contract yet not having to fear living under the
concessions?

By the way I like how you say "your" contract
and not "our" contract. Oops!

Go AMFA!

Latest posts

Back