Profit Sharing Checks: DELAYED

BlackTail

Aug 14, 2007
Well it seems we wont be getting our profit sharing checks until sometime the week of the 17th according to one of my supervisors. He showed me the email today. I checked the hub and didn't see anything. Just a heads up. This is so typical of this company. Can they ever deliver anything on time as promised????

Well it seems we wont be getting our profit sharing checks until sometime the week of the 17th according to one of my supervisors. He showed me the email today. I checked the hub and didn't see anything. Just a heads up. This is so typical of this company. Can they ever deliver anything on time as promised????
Profit sharing checks were paid out around the 15th of march last year.

The most recent FAQs, published March 6, 2008, stated March 12th.

yeah i read the e-mail to. i was a littel dissapointed but
it's just a few days later relax. it's not like it's a month later. they just want to mkae sure everyone gets their fare share. must we #### about this too?

yeah i read the e-mail to. i was a littel dissapointed but
it's just a few days later relax. it's not like it's a month later. they just want to mkae sure everyone gets their fare share. must we #### about this too?
exactly... it's a few days late. not a month.

yeah i read the e-mail to. i was a littel dissapointed but it's just a few days later relax. it's not like it's a month later. they just want to mkae sure everyone gets their fare share. must we #### about this too?

etops1, I hear ya....not a big deal....why b***h & complain about it....

And I don't work for US....directly....I'll leave it at that.

But I can tell you this, I own a business and have a number of employees.....when it comes to their pay and their livlihood, ESPECIALLY the ones that are out there kicking @ss and taking names, I AM NEVER EVEN 5 MINUTES LATE ON MONEY!!! And the ONE time I was, because I thought I hit the "process" button on my payroll web site and didn't, I made it up to them big time...with a pretty decent chunk of change (read: not $50) as an apology. (Probably the worst I EVER felt as a business owner, not getting everyone paid, on time.)

I think it also speaks to a larger issue....there is a real pattern here of "over promising and under delivering." Do that with a vendor or some other supplier....but don't do that with your employees and your customers.

Sure, one week is a minor thing...on that, we agree. At the end of the day, it's not a deal breaker. BUT, it's not right that this kind of stuff, no matter how trivial, happens. It's not like this is rocket science....if they knew they MIGHT have an issue 2 months ago when they knew they would be paying it, TELL THE TEAM MARCH 31 AND THEN WHEN THEY GET IT EARLY ITS A PLEASANT SURPRISE!!!

That's all.

You're right, there are MUCH larger issues to b***h and moan about....but this is a pattern these people at The Sand Castle have established time and time again....and it's just downright sloppy and NOT the right way to run a business.

What I would like to know is, if the checks are late who collects on the interest from the $49 million!

it's just a few days later relax. it's not like it's a month later.
Don't be a sucker. My employees wouldn't tolerate it being piad hours late and the truth is they shouldn't. People depend on their pay. This craphole is run by a bunch of unprofessional, disrespectful boobs. I'd report them to the dept of labor everytime they screwed with my pay. They can't get anything right. Pathetic.

exactly... it's a few days late. not a month.

Just a few more days so they can make more interest. Its just like the banks waiting 5 days for an electronic transaction to clear.
Man.. electrons are slower in the middle of March.

wopr21

Money is money.

The profit sharing check should have been delivered after the 2007 year end results were posted. The company already set aside the money for the profit for the first three quarters. The only thing to be added was the fourth quarter. The copmany is making big bucks on the short term interest on the millions of dollars owed and promised to its employees. This is just another way the company continues to hastle its employee base. Yet should we really expect anything less from management? Just another way to divide and deface the real people that run the company...

Just my opinion...

Did it say why we will see a delay in receiving the checks? Hmmm... this sucks, you don't tell 36,000 people you will be getting money on a certain day, then reneg on it. I had already set up a bill-pay for the 12th to pay a bill and now this?? WTF!! I'd like to see this email...I will be asking the higher ups at my station to provide a copy of it. I also agree with other posts that a few extra days is not that big of a deal, but still... it is the principle of it that you don't announce "the 12th" as the day and then reneg.

Everyone has to set deadlines and limits and live up to them in the business world. People should be chained to their desks between now and the 12th to get it out on time. Where is the work ethic and sense of responsibility?

One also also had to set personal, professional goals and expectations.

This is it for me, there have been too many errors in every day simple processes that from a technological standpoint should be no brainers.

Which leads to the conclusion that it is the human factor which is behind every snafu from pay to uniforms.

When I am at work I need to be in the company of hard working business professionals, especially when a company has many challenges. They can take their whole 'laid back casual" approach and sell it to other slackers out there. Look where it has gotten us.

There is no excuse for this.

What I would like to know is, if the checks are late who collects on the interest from the $49 million!

I remember reading an article in " Motley Fool " I believe, where US has part of thier 2.8 billion in us currency/bonds and it's not a good investment at this time. Maybe the delay is for that reason.

Back