Profit Sharing Checks: DELAYED

Either way, it is some extra cash coming your way just like a tax refund. At this point I would just be glad to get one at all. Imagine how it feels being a furloughed employee who was working when this was negotiated, only to be on the sidlelines when the checks start coming afterwards. I will gladly trade places with anyone who is getting all worked up about this issue period. As much as it stinks having to wait a bit for your check, it is coming either way.
As many payroll issues we are having around here, I am glad at least the company was being honest with there mistakes this time around. I have been subject to major pay issues over the last few months, and I would hate to get the check, and have deductions later. Let us hope they got it all fixed this time around!! :)

Either way, it is some extra cash coming your way just like a tax refund. At this point I would just be glad to get one at all. Imagine how it feels being a furloughed employee who was working when this was negotiated, only to be on the sidlelines when the checks start coming afterwards. I will gladly trade places with anyone who is getting all worked up about this issue period. As much as it stinks having to wait a bit for your check, it is coming either way.

Just a couple of small points: A tax refund is not extra cash, it is less cash. You loaned the government your money all year at 0% intrest by over with-holding. Who knows if this company is sending out the profit sharing checks? They owed many of us a retirement (A conditon of employment and deferred compensation) and they renigged on that, so why wouldn't they renige on the profit sharing?

doomsday clock will keep on ticking.

what does that mean????

Doomsday will be the next trip to bankruptcy. US has a bunch of cash but with the totally inept people running this show we will be there again. The cash will just prolong the circus a bit longer. Once again it will not be their fault. It'll be fuel, Southwest, and those ever present GREEDY employees (those below management level). The management of this company show they have no intention of doing anything to turn this thing around. Making our business passenger happy is not an option for them. Giving their employees a FAIR contract is definitely not an option. Doing that would only increase the speed of the doomsday clock. The only reason we've been making money up until now is the pitiful wages and benefits. Management has no clue how to run a profitable airline while paying fair wages and benefits like others do. To make up for their inability to run this place we must sacrifice everything else. With the economy turning worse each day and fuel going up they won't make money even with these BK contracts. Once the flying public stops flying as much the seats will open up and once again they'll have a choice of who they'll fly. We've been living in an industry with such high load factors that the public has NO choice right now. They have to fly whoever they can get a seat on. Well when they once again have a choice believe me it won't be US. That computer voice in the cockpit is screaming Terrain...Pull up.....Terrain......Pull up......Don't Think.....Pull up..... but BP and company are too busy filling their pockets to grab the yoke.

Back