Proud "BLT" Member

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
This last week, I officially became a proud "BLT" member at American Airlines.

The "Bitching Leadership Team" already has more members than the TWU/AA Working Together Teams combined.

I have looked at 2 different designs for some t-shirts that notify others of the proud membership in this newly formed Bitching Leadership Team. These t-shirts are sure to be a big success once printing begins.

The Bitching Leadership Team has a charter that includes intolerance of Company Unionism and Management Bonuses.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH is the motto for the BLT.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of management lining their pockets with riches while workers suffer living under industry leading concessions.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of the Dennis Burchette form of unionism.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of Jim Little type appointments to leadership positions.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of Consulting Firms, and PR Firms, attempting to brainwash employees to trust a management team that cannot be trusted.

Simple to just say WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!

The JLT's, PLT's, ALT's, and other management/union suckass teams, have met their match. The BLT (Bitching Leadership Team) will now begin to dictate our future. It will take some time to deprogram the village idiots that have bought into the company union program. But the Bitching Leadership Team quickly found out the those that support the "Working Together" process in it's current form are in minority thus deprogramming will not be the top priority of the Bitching Leadership Team.

Watch for more information from the BLT (Bitching Leadership Team) coming soon.

What a relief, from the thread title I thought we were going to discuss Bacon, Lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. Well I guess you can serve BLT's at the BLT meetings. :up: Count me in. ;)

If any of you have an idea for a BLT t-shirt, please PM me with your idea. I would like to have some outside assistance in the design. I have seen 2 already, but think more ideas would lead to the t-shirt we really need.

Remember, slogans are King in Tulsa, and the t-shirt must pass the test of decency, and legal threshold so we can wear them to work.

Deadline for BLT t-shirt design is January 31st, 2007.

This last week, I officially became a proud "BLT" member at American Airlines.

The "Bitching Leadership Team" already has more members than the TWU/AA Working Together Teams combined.

I have looked at 2 different designs for some t-shirts that notify others of the proud membership in this newly formed Bitching Leadership Team. These t-shirts are sure to be a big success once printing begins.

The Bitching Leadership Team has a charter that includes intolerance of Management Bonuses.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH is the motto for the BLT.

WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of management lining their pockets with riches while workers suffer living under industry leading concessions.

Watch for more information from the BLT (Bitching Leadership Team) coming soon.

Well some may recognize this as a Natural Work Group, or a Floor Leadership Team forming. This is not at all a bad thing due to the message you carry of "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH" of the management bonuses is the same message that is carried forward in the JLT,ALT and PLT meetings.

You say you have a BLT charter....

What parties are included within your BLT?

How will you settle disputes between opposing parties?

What are your goals?

Who will facilitate your meetings?

Will they be held on company time?

How will you be able to measure your accomplishments?

Will you have access to company financial records?

Who will lead in this journey?

Well some may recognize this as a Natural Work Group, or a Floor Leadership Team forming. This is not at all a bad thing due to the message you carry of "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH" of the management bonuses is the same message that is carried forward in the JLT,ALT and PLT meetings.

You say you have a BLT charter....

What parties are included within your BLT?

How will you settle disputes between opposing parties?

What are your goals?

Who will facilitate your meetings?

Will they be held on company time?

How will you be able to measure your accomplishments?

Will you have access to company financial records?

Who will lead in this journey?

You need a vacation! Come up for some air, that oxygen you are breathing under managements desk is not good.

So the message has been "carried" by the management stoolies in the JLT,ALT and PLT meetings? The results are obviously FAILED which brings us to another item that WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of, failed TWU leadership. That is the problem with this program, some fools think that because the message has been brought to the meetings, then the item has been resolved. Bull####, nothing is getting resolved at those stupid meetings, except of course those items which management needs to line their pcokets further, those items seem to be acted on rather quickly.

Like I said, some will need to be deprogrammed, but not the top priority of the BLT.

You go ahead and attend the company union meetings and keep worrying about those management meeting agenda items they have brainwashed you to belive are required, the rest of us will work together to save your sorry ass from the ignorance.

You need a vacation! Come up for some air, that oxygen you are breathing under managements desk is not good.

So the message has been "carried" by the management stoolies in the JLT,ALT and PLT meetings? The results are obviously FAILED which brings us to another item that WE'VE HAD ENOUGH of, failed TWU leadership.

Like I said, some will need to be deprogrammed, but not the top priority of the BLT.

You go ahead and attend the company union meetings, the rest of us will work together to save your sorry ass from the ignorance.

Who do you intend to argue with to solve your problems? Is this BLT structured to have TWU members arguing between themselves to achieve financial gain?

I guess with your reply it is structured as so, only as a "B_tch Session"...! Which has no structured goals. Just an avenue to add additional hardship to the membership.

Who do you intend to argue with to solve your problems? Is this BLT structured to have members arguing between themselves to achieve financial gain?

I guess with your reply it is structured as so, only as a "B_tch Session"...! Which has no structured goals. Just an avenue to add additional hardship to the membership.

You have rejected structured change in the past. You said that caused harm to the membership.

Now you have rejected unstructured change. You say that will cause harm to the membership.

Yet, you have embraced management's idea and form of change.

I think nothing more needs to be said about your position and where your sympathies lie.

You can hide behind whatever you want, or blame whomever you want and pretend to be sympathetic to membership needs. I remember the great TWU t-shirt that has the slogan about SHARED SACRIFICE, and wearers showed up to the stock holders meeting. That was real structured behavior with a defined agenda in your eyes wasn't it?

But supporting a union that has negotiated 20 plus years of concessions and now currently advocates corporate unionism is not in best of interest of the members.

Even if the Bitching Leadership Team is nothing more than an unstructured form of a b_itch Session, I bet more members favor that than what we currently have on a daily basis. So you go ahead and attend your management meetings next week, and pretend to be a leader, meanwhile, myself and other disgruntled members will get together and bit_ch, and we will still be more productive than you.

You have rejected structured change in the past.

Now you have rejected unstructured change.

Yet, you have embraced management's idea and form of change.

I think nothing more needs to be said about your position and where your sympathies lie.

You can hide behind whatever you want, or blame whomever you want and pretend to be sympathetic to membership needs.

But supporting a union that has negotiated 20 plus years of concessions and now currently advocates corporate unionism is not in best of interest of the members.

Even if the Bitching Leadership Team is nothing more than an unstructured form of a #### Session, I bet more members favor that than what we currently have on a daily basis. So you og ahead and attend your management meetings next week, and pretned to be a leader, meanwhile, myself and other disgruntled members will get together and ####, and we will still be more productive than you.

Informer, Whaaat??? Your reply makes no sense. So you want to sit around and B_tch? Well,,,,ok.

Have fun....

Informer, Whaaat??? Your reply makes no sense. So you want to sit around and B_tch? Well,,,,ok.

Have fun....

I knew you wouldn't be able to understand.

Maybe someday, there will be a real union on the property, and they will pay for deprogramming to undo the brainwashing you have experienced so that you might be able to make some sense out of a simple form of protest.

You are the one that somehow thinks the BLT was formed to make financial gain or solve issues. This type of activity is commonly called protesting. Something you knwo nothing about.

I knew you wouldn't be able to understand.

Maybe someday, there will be a real union on the property, and they will pay for deprogramming to undo the brainwashing you have experienced so that you might be able to make some sense out of a simple form of protest.

Uhhh, Ok.... :blink:

This is not at all a bad thing due to the message you carry of "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH" of the management bonuses is the same message that is carried forward in the JLT,ALT and PLT meetings.
Bonuses? Who narrowed it down to bonuses. He said riches.

Why is the TWU so determined on centering everything on the bonuses?

So if management gives up the bonuses then everything is OK????

BS

The company has decreased debt by $2billion and increased their cash to over $5billion, that means they are $6 billion ahead of where they were when they demanded concessions. What was their debt load and cash on hand when we got our increase in 2001? Would it be fair to say they have more cash now than they did then?

As far as I'm concerned as long as long as I'm working under a concessionary contract I'm not interested in doing anything extra.In fact I think we should be picketing at every terminal across the country due to the fact that AA management extracted way too many concessions under obviously false pretenses and that despite what gets doled out by the PRnews all is not well and we are not happy.

The company has decreased debt by $2billion and increased their cash to over $5billion, that means they are $6 billion ahead of where they were when they demanded concessions. What was their debt load and cash on hand when we got our increase in 2001? Would it be fair to say they have more cash now than they did then?
We have the same total debt, but more cash than in 2001 per this powerpoint presentation from AMR. ;)

http://www.shareholder.com/aa/downloads/22770amr_pres.pdf

Latest posts

Back