PSA 182 film

Aug 20, 2002
Had not heard of this until a friend sent me a link.

http://www.returntodwightandnile.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600863/

Has anyone seen the film?

I was living a little over a mile away from the crash. I think it was about 9.30 AM when
I was wakened by two very deep and loud explosions, it seemed about a second apart.
I remember thinking to myself this is something very serious. When I turned the TV on
I found out it was.
About a year ago I was talking about it to a fellow ramper and he said that he and another
guy(both still working here) were on the ramp waiting for 182 to arrive.
It was of course devistating to all involved but it also was a period of great sadness to all
of San Diego.

Looks like it hasn't found a distributor yet, so who knows when (or if) it will be released.

According to the film's website, it is available to order and will ship Oct.15.

Hoping they get a copy to Netflix. Would like to see this movie.

According to the film's website, it is available to order and will ship Oct.15.

Hoping they get a copy to Netflix. Would like to see this movie.

The source of my information was IMDB. There is no company listed. If they had a distributor, IMDB would list the company information.l You need to be a paid subscriber to get company contact information, which I am not. Presumably the filmmakers want to keep this information behind closed doors, figuring that only Industry people who are serious about engaging in business with them would pay for a subscription. I am, however, a paid subscriber to The Studio System (IMDB's rival), so I took a look.......and the film is not listed at all.

I therefore conclude (but admittedly could be wrong) that the filmmakers could not find a distributor, so they are self-distributing on DVD. I don't know how Netflix does its deals, but I would not count on the film showing up on Netflix. If you really want to see it, you might have to actually buy the DVD.

Slightly off-topic, when I went onto the film's website, this is what I noticed first: "Some delays in the master copy kept us from completing the final version in time for September." As someone who has to deal with these types of issues on a daily basis, I really feel their pain. :lol:

Back