QIK Over Shares. Enhancements Ditched?

Squonk

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Florida
:cop:

Rumor has it that a decision has been made to scrap the enhancement package for QIK over Shares and keep the same system that is now being used by West Metal users. If this is true, can someone confirm?? If this is in fact true, we are headed for a meltdown!

:down:

Heard the Jan classes were cancelled-but..the changes for the Feb class are still on--...
Does the Right hand knows what the Left is doing?

God Help us! :down:

:cop:

Rumor has it that a decision has been made to scrap the enhancement package for QIK over Shares and keep the same system that is now being used by West Metal users. If this is true, can someone confirm?? If this is in fact true, we are headed for a meltdown!

US uses SABRE, HP uses SHARES. Right now, we are using QIK over SHARES.

Last I heard, East is supposed to be going to QIK over Shares in March? It would *not* work if we didn't do that, it's a nightmare currently working with US flights. If a pax has a mix of HP / US flights, then life is a ####.

Rumor has it the kiosks will not be up and running at cutover. DECS may not be ready for the switch either. The only enhancement to QIK over Shares is a automated sales report.

If this is true, Tempe is putting the cart way ahead of the horse. If you think the system melted down a couple Christmas's ago, just wait until Spring Break 2007!

I have seen many system changes, yet I have never seen the airline so poised for a meltdown.

One can only hope that people that matter will step away from making their Delta our Delta, and get this horse running on all four legs first.

:censored:

Thats when I say bless you gate agents and I don't know how you do it, thank god I'm inflight! I'll just have to deal w/ all the moaning and trying to explain onboard, good luck!!!

It would be nice for someone from Tempe to jump onboard here and let us know what the company thinks. I hear that the training department is not at all happy with the progress of this transition. It would be prudent to be on vacation in the month of March.

Suppossedly the enhancements are not scrapped just delayed. The IT department is more focused on making sure the cutover goes off without a hitch. After that they will have a multitude of suggestions from everyone for enhancements. They will also have the time to properly test and implement after they are done with cutover.

Better to upset the east network with changes than to also juggle that with changes to the west network on the same day. ;)

I can't wait to do an international reissue in Shares.... :blink: Beautiful!

Not just the international reissue, try just checking a bag. Had someone the other day TPA-PHX-SFO-TPE-MNL. It wont do more than 2 conx. "Unable to check bag - use manual tag" or something similar is the response. So, now we dont have passport scanners AND I have to handwrite the tag? You guys really know how to keep the lines moving dont you? :shock: :down: Now all we need is for the company to start harping on "you need to be more productive like your counterparts at WN." And dont even get me started on the piece of c$)p equipment they keep sending us to work with...... (I need a smiley pulling its hair out at this point! :up: )

Sent a note to someone I knew in training and this is the response I got.

New Shares REALLY is only the addition of the new ATAC product, called ACO
.....agent checkout.... by the way, it only shows cash, checks,reissues and any other auditors result that is gives you a comission on the sale. No plain ticket sale credit card transactions are put on it. Also NEW shares has DECS, probably not until May 1st. (entry deleted) Don't try this now, it will lock up your computer.
Choice 11 isn't on there yet. We are trying to eliminate the manual sine into DECS.
XXXXX is trying to "read your Shares sine in and move it to DECS behind the scenes....
like the curbside sets do for the skycaps.
Also, NEW Shares adds TIPS (XXXXX and XXXXXXX are working their butts off trying to get TIPS ready for March 3rd.) We are training manual reissues "just in case" the whole mess blows up in all our faces. None the less, all the WEST folks are going to a one or two day NEW Shares class to learn these differences. They are really excited to get ATACS er, uh, I mean ACO's, and they think TIPS is a gift from heaven; after many years of doing reissues on scratch paper at their T/C position.

Back