Question for UA Employees

It is definitely a superiority complex, It is getting ready to come back and bite them hard though.. Management is going to exceed double penetration and move StrAAight to triple penetration or "Fisting" as we call it in SFO... I am just worried that they will set a new low for everyone else - - WAHHHH - - Sell it to someone else, if they go into BK, the others will have cash stock piled to put the pressure on, and maybe make an offer to the shareholders for more than they would get ala BK... It is much harder to come out of BK when all your peers are doing "well" and you are not... Maybe it will be, UAL and CAL DAL and NWA and USAIRWAYS buys AMR in BK... The obvious is getting ready to happen... Looks like you may want to go ahead and extend those furlough rights to more than 5 years. <_<
OUCH!

Your prominent picture of the TWA MD-80 completely reveals the reason for your back-handed snide remarks.

Entertaining, yet pathetic at the same time. :lol:

Donttouch has about as much insight into the industry as Brittney Spears has about raising children. You're obviously no better. B)

If you are infering that beachboy is a former TWA employee, you are wrong. One doesn't have to be the affected party in that disgrace to be disgusted by it.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I don't think "beauty" has done anything better or worse on this site, than any of us have done(or not done) one time or another.

So the bottom line(for me) is that I support "beauty" to say what she wishes, just as long as she plays by the same rules that I have to.

As for UA F/A's being the worst, I can't buy that either.

For example....NOBODY tells it any better than (UAL's).."FLY", who's one of my top 10 all time posters.

It IS what it IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she brought up some very valid points. From my vantage point, she was only trying to advocate her position and was ruthlessly chewed out by the folks over on the AA board (notably Straaight Talk and Mikey). Her downfall was that she continued to engage with people who shouldn't even be given the time of day. The hostility was clearly coming from the AA folks. I am not totally surprised by the reaction of the AA people. That attitude seems to permeate on board their flights as well (read: the customer is the enemy). Bitter, hostile, angry, and rather unpleasant flight attendants. Furthermore, there's an AA pilot over on the Airliners.net forum BLAMING the customer for his reduced salary and benefits. I'm sensing that it is pretty indicative of the employee culture over at AA. Makes one wonder why they're in the "service" business...

Huh? Are you reading the same forums that I am? While DTTB has certainly been chewed out by several AA folks, she (her assinie comments) brought it on herself. She may be a competent UA FA, but she's trying to lecture AA FA's on AA's contract (I think this was somewhere in the DL fourms) and she certainly has no grasp of general accounting and simple math (the thread on AA forum which has been closed)! I say way to go AA folks and as far as DTTB is concerned if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Huh? Are you reading the same forums that I am? While DTTB has certainly been chewed out by several AA folks, she (her assinie comments) brought it on herself. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Assinine, are you kidding me?? While I make a statement about the topic at hand, SELECT AA posters will reply with name calling, bashing, derrogatory comments, and cursing.. And your calling my comments assinine?? Herein lies the problem :lol: ... ... ... Its not about taking heat, It is about factual information and an adult conversation which many on this board don't know how to have, unfortunately alot of people these days can't face the facts and want to bash you when you lay it out in front of them. When someone revolts to your post with curses and name calling toward you it shows inferiority and jealousy, its grade school behavior.. If you need a scenario to paint a better picture for you i can paint it....

Its not about taking heat, It is about factual information and an adult conversation which many on this board don't know how to have, unfortunately alot of people these days can't face the facts and want to bash you when you lay it out in front of them.
Here are some of your quotes, can you point out the facts you used in them?

1You need to understand this isn't 1983 and your airline is not the same and neither is the world, so therefore you are not in the same situation as you were in 1983...

2 AMR is feeling the crunch, If you all get 3% increases you will be posting losses - forcing a sell off of some assets

3 I am talking about a 3% increase per work group... which equals a 9% across the board increase and a 3% respective work group increase.

4 I know that a 3% across the board is 3% across the board, however we are talking different numbers.. 3% for a pilot is much different than 3% for a flight attendant... Pardon me if I worded it wrong.. 3% per respective workgroup to get to 1billion.. That equals aprox. 850 million and that is on a downgraded scale... Please, forgive me if i didn't put it into civilian language. And this of course is just on the hypothetical basis of them profiting 1B+

5 I am sorry I should have explained myself better, the average pilot at AA makes more than 3x that of a flight attendant.. I am not sure about mechanics.. but I was trying to explain to the previous poster that were not just talking about FAs salary and the poster was going on 1billion dollar basis, therefore if that is the case, AMR would can't even stand a 5% increase across the board.

When someone revolts to your post with curses and name calling toward you it shows inferiority and jealousy, its grade school behavior.. If you need a scenario to paint a better picture for you i can paint it....
Here let me show you some of your grade school behavior.

1 Dorothy we are not in 1983 anymore... If you go on illegal strike your orgaization will go Bankrupt..

2 Here is your RX presecription = REALITY 3x a day...

3 FAMikey, you are no longer worth of reasonable thinking.

4 I guess you will see for yourself, and if you respond please make it worthy of my eyes, I am tired of bieng dissapointed by your flames and redundance.. Its sickening.

5 It sure is fun watching that hamster wheel turn and seeing what it spits out though.

6 You figure it out since your so intelligent.. Oh I forgot, you didn't take advance above algebra

7 Good thing you don't need it for simple logisitics like this. .

8 Get a grip Ms. Thang, you are obviously not reading the whole thread, because if you had you would see my point

9 That is right StAAight,, I went back and edited it so YOU wouldn't be confused... However you aren't that smart

10 What is a Dingus?? Did you pick that up from your children??

Mikey, I don't see where i cursed at anyone or participated in name calling... Like I said previously, you and your peeps aren't worthy of my time, I am better (much Better) than that....

Mikey, I don't see where i cursed at anyone or participated in name calling... Like I said previously, you and your peeps aren't worthy of my time, I am better (much Better) than that....

For those who missed it and to be fair, I would like to point out that it was "FWAAA" (who I believe is not even an AA/AMR employee- (see Post #67 in AA Board)) who called you a "name". But this was after you went on and on and on and on about how a 3% increase for each AA work group = 9% increase overall = $1 billion increase in labor costs :shock: (To refresh your memory see your post #44 and your post #50).

For those who missed it and to be fair, I would like to point out that it was "FWAAA" (who I believe is not even an AA/AMR employee- (see Post #67 in AA Board)) who called you a "name". But this was after you went on and on and on and on about how a 3% increase for each AA work group = 9% increase overall = $1 billion increase in labor costs :shock: (To refresh your memory see your post #44 and your post #50).

I am not going to rehash this... You are sorely mistaken if you think a 3% increase in pay for all work groups including mgmt. is only 200million... Sorry it just doesnt add up... Yes I did say if each work group got 3% based on the posters figures would equal the 9-10 percent that AMR could give without posting a loss... It's obvious that you folks keep on and on and don't want to see the light.. Keep harping on it though, the truth will come out in a few months and then we will see who is right and who is wrong,, and I am VERY confident I will be able to come back here and quote all of you on your absurd posts.. KEEP ON.. KEEP ON...

I am not going to rehash this... You are sorely mistaken if you think a 3% increase in pay for all work groups including mgmt. is only 200million... Sorry it just doesnt add up... Yes I did say if each work group got 3% based on the posters figures would equal the 9-10 percent that AMR could give without posting a loss... It's obvious that you folks keep on and on and don't want to see the light.. Keep harping on it though, the truth will come out in a few months and then we will see who is right and who is wrong,, and I am VERY confident I will be able to come back here and quote all of you on your absurd posts.. KEEP ON.. KEEP ON...

Does anybody still wonder why the AA/AMR employees react the way they do when DTTB makes statements like this one above?

BTW - the posts that I've referred to are just a couple of the most recent of DTTB's gems of "wisdom".

Don't Touch and I were adding our contributions on both the DL and AA message board to a Delta F/A about our union, since they will likely be taking a vote for choosing whether or not to elect AFA as their bargaining representative. While trying to advocate some of the value in being represented by a CBA, what we got in return were some rather venomous remarks from Straaight Talk about how bad the AFA is. When Don't Touch and I pointed out that APFA equally had their own downfalls, then we were accused of being bitter and jealous because we don't work for AA. If you back up a few posts on this thread, you can certainly feel the tone of Straaight Talk's demeanor. Rather than having a constructive adult dialogue, Straight turned it into a pissing match. Both Don't Touch and I were a bit put off that someone not even affiliated with our union would have such rancerous comments about our union, our CBA, and our union leadership. Basically, the discussion quickly degenerated into personal attacks from Straight Taalk. So for the record, I've never desired to work for AA. I've never even applied at AA. I have no bitterness, envy, or jealousy whatsoever that I am not an AA F/A. AA F/A's my seniority based in the city where I live are on reserve, while I am not. From a business standpoint, I am a bit skeptical that the AA unions will succeed in obtaining raises as AA continues to have some of the highest labor costs in the industry. Should their negotiations go to arbitration, the odds are stacked against them. It doesn't mean that I wish ill of any AA employee. I do hope that AA unions achieve their respective objectives, but at the same time, I believe it will be an up-hill battle. This is a public forum. I've contributed on the UA board, US board, DL board, SWA board, and AA board. I have no other interest in AA other than the discussion that was at hand when I jumped into the discussion: Whether or not Delta F/A's would be better off with or without AFA. I don't think anything more needs to be said...

Your quote was " I am talking about a 3% increase per work group... which equals a 9% across the board increase and a 3% respective work group increase." That does not add up at all. Also if you believe the 200 million is incorrect, then what is the correct number? Tell us we all want to know.

Wow yesterday it was only 5% increase and AA would be posting a loss. Does this mean you admit to being totally wrong?

So show us the light,show us the math equation where a 3% increase in each work group equals a 9% increase across the board. As you pointed out I don't know advanced algebra like you, please show me, and every other poster who told you over and over you were wrong. We all want to learn.

Don't Touch and I were adding our contributions on both the DL and AA message board to a Delta F/A about our union, since they will likely be taking a vote for choosing whether or not to elect AFA as their bargaining representative. While trying to advocate some of the value in being represented by a CBA, what we got in return were some rather venomous remarks from Straaight Talk about how bad the AFA is. When Don't Touch and I pointed out that APFA equally had their own downfalls, then we were accused of being bitter and jealous because we don't work for AA. If you back up a few posts on this thread, you can certainly feel the tone of Straaight Talk's demeanor. Rather than having a constructive adult dialogue, Straight turned it into a pissing match. Both Don't Touch and I were a bit put off that someone not even affiliated with our union would have such rancerous comments about our union, our CBA, and our union leadership. Basically, the discussion quickly degenerated into personal attacks from Straight Taalk. So for the record, I've never desired to work for AA. I've never even applied at AA. I have no bitterness, envy, or jealousy whatsoever that I am not an AA F/A. AA F/A's my seniority based in the city where I live are on reserve, while I am not. From a business standpoint, I am a bit skeptical that the AA unions will succeed in obtaining raises as AA continues to have some of the highest labor costs in the industry. Should their negotiations go to arbitration, the odds are stacked against them. It doesn't mean that I wish ill of any AA employee. I do hope that AA unions achieve their respective objectives, but at the same time, I believe it will be an up-hill battle. This is a public forum. I've contributed on the UA board, US board, DL board, SWA board, and AA board. I have no other interest in AA other than the discussion that was at hand when I jumped into the discussion: Whether or not Delta F/A's would be better off with or without AFA. I don't think anything more needs to be said...

I believe "StrAAight", specifically on the DL board corrected some of the statements DTTB made regarding the AA FA contract, statements DTTB was presenting as facts because a friend(s) said so. Was "StrAAight" a little harsh? Sure, but DTTB brings this on herself. See the comments in the post above. It has been expalined many times that if AA's total labor costs were ~$6.6 billion a 3% increase would mean $200 million on top of that. Yet DTTB still argues and argues that it is not so! How do you expect AA/AMR people to react???

Back