question

flyingman

Jan 29, 2007
how is the nonstop san diego -washington dulles route doing and the west boud nonstop flight doing, the reason I ask is I see a lot of airlines cutting routes this summer and I need to know if these are busy enough routes that they won't get canceled before christmas, because I need to start looking for flights for my grand parents I guess soon? Does any one think these nonstop routes could be gone by christmas time in december?

Are they not going to fly if its not nonstop? If not, book the ticket and if there is a schedule change, they'll reaccomodate them. If they dont do conx, then wait until a month or so out, but you'll have to pay more. I dont recall anyone here coming from UA scheduling dept so you arent going to get a definite answer. I'm sure you'll probably get a lot of answers, but somehow dont think many will be of much use to you. :rolleyes:

They've got 3 non-stops between the two cities as of now, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that atleast 1 of them, if not all 3, will still be around come December. B)

You can bet the early morning west coast departure that connects into the big 1700 international bank will stay. That flight usually does well and provides a lot of overseas connections. Same thing with the west bound departure from IAD in the 1700 bank. That carries a good amount of international connections also.

I could always get on the nonstop flight from Washington Dulles to San Diego, but could never get on the nonstop going back in all the years I worked for United. Usually going home, I had to fly through Denver. Chicago was a mess.

Back