Radio/TV Commentator Ed Schultz

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Listening to the Ed Schultz radio show today. I like Ed Shultz, and his views on most things political and economic. But I was amazed today when he went into a ten minute rage at Delta Airlines. Personally, I think he's a bit off base on targeting Delta, because his rant is mostly about overbooking. All the airlines do that, so I think he's being a bit unfair. And customer service industry-wide is in the tank.

Not sure if his show is available online somewhere if you Delta folks want to listen to it and respond.

Like I said, I like Ed Schultz. I felt embarrassed for him today with his raging, unwarranted singling out Delta for attack.

Listening to the Ed Schultz radio show today. I like Ed Shultz, and his views on most things political and economic. But I was amazed today when he went into a ten minute rage at Delta Airlines. Personally, I think he's a bit off base on targeting Delta, because his rant is mostly about overbooking. All the airlines do that, so I think he's being a bit unfair. And customer service industry-wide is in the tank.

Not sure if his show is available online somewhere if you Delta folks want to listen to it and respond.

Like I said, I like Ed Schultz. I felt embarrassed for him today with his raging, unwarranted singling out Delta for attack.
Didn't listen to the show but with your little bit on it I would agree that DL sucks. They have run the counters to the ground with under staffing and relying on kiosks and 800 numbers for help during delay/cancellations. Their hiring practices, hours and wages have not brought in the best the market has to offer to the Delta work force. Also, "Right sizing" the fleet may have something to do with Delta being single out. Oh, and running a huge number of flights out a hub that can't handle it volume, when you now have more than 5 other options to chose from. OH, and I would rather work for Kim Jong IL before the Delta style of management. I wish Ed would have me on as a guest.

Didn't listen to the show but with your little bit on it I would agree that DL sucks. They have run the counters to the ground with under staffing and relying on kiosks and 800 numbers for help during delay/cancellations. Their hiring practices, hours and wages have not brought in the best the market has to offer to the Delta work force. Also, "Right sizing" the fleet may have something to do with Delta being single out. Oh, and running a huge number of flights out a hub that can't handle it volume, when you now have more than 5 other options to chose from. OH, and I would rather work for Kim Jong IL before the Delta style of management. I wish Ed would have me on as a guest.

I understand that, and can't disagree since I have almost zero experience flying on Delta. The few times I have in past years the service was acceptable....i.e. I departed/arrived safely, near on time, with no hassles that the airline caused.

I have a feeling Ed Schultz (being from North Dakota, I think) missed NWA and perceives that the bad experience is all because of the merger and Delta management. I would never defend Delta's mangement assuming that you say what they are doing is the truth. But they are simply following the inevitable de-regulation playbook which my airline has developed into a fine art. My employer has "been there, done that" to the nth degree already, and in the process managed to devastate our FF numbers, i.e. the high yield customers.

So I think it is inevitable that Delta would follow the industry playbook and tear their customer service apart. It's too bad Ed Schultz can't get out and fly on other airlines. He would find the same story pretty much everywhere.

Ugh, Ed Schultz is just another liberal progressive buffoon who likes to blow hot air. I wouldn't waste minutes of my life listening to that idiot.

. I like Ed Shultz, and his views on most things political and economic. But I was amazed today when he went into a ten minute rage at Delta Airlines.

I felt embarrassed for him today with his raging, unwarranted singling out Delta for attack.

He is from MN and is on DAL/NWA alot. I am sure if he was going between NY and Dallas he would have said as much about AA.

Back