Reconfigured 321's

I feel sorry for the agents who have to work her tommorow, as every leg is booked to 26 in First. Good Luck folks.

SKy high states: Why isnt anyone at this company proactive? These people should be notified in ADVANCE and given their options prior to gate departure!!!! Give the customer CHOICES, not force a decision on them at the last minute!!!

only stating opinions.

Date: Sunday, 8 April 2007 13:30 ET
To: USAALLF/A
Subject: A321 Reconfiguration
A message from Sherri Shamblin

To our outstanding Flight Attendants:
You truly embody the name and face of US Airways to our customers
and I appreciate all that you do to take care of them. I'm sure you're
all acutely aware of the coming reconfigurations to our Airbus A321
fleet. The first reconfigured A321 is scheduled to begin service this week.
Allow me to present a run-down of all the cabin configuration changes
and then explain the rationale behind why we are altering the cabin in
the first place.
Changes include:
* Removal of 10 First Class seats
* Installation of 14 additional coach seats
* Removal of Galley 2 (to create space)
* Installation of larger trash bins
* Removal of coat closets
* Duty-free sales items removed on the A321

So why are we reducing first class capacity? This decision was made
18 months ago, and the answer is not that we want to water down our
onboard product or cheapen our service. Rather, it's about revenue.
The additional 14 seats provide a great revenue opportunity for our airline.

The removal of Galley 2 may seem like a significant cost for the company
but in the long run the increased revenue opportunity will more than
compensate for the cost of this change. We will no longer be able to
accommodate our onboard duty free program in the Caribbean on the
A321. However, this aircraft does not currently serve any Caribbean
Duty Free markets and we do not have any plans to do so in the future.

Coat closets are disappearing industry wide and couldn't swing installing
the additional coach seats and keep the coat closets intact. However, we
will install additional hooks to accommodate customers in the First Class
cabin.
Finally, the addition of one full-size trash cart will support the additional
passenger count. This recognizes the challenge you currently face on the
321 and will ensure your ability to accommodate the additional customers
and refuse.
We certainly want to invite your feedback and comments as we are
reconfiguring the remainder of the fleet. Unlike what happened with the
A320, we want to address issues as part of the job, not after the fact.

Again, thanks for all you do to take care of our customers.
Sincerely,
Sherri Shamblin

We certainly want to invite your feedback and comments as we are reconfiguring the remainder of the fleet. Unlike what happened with the A320, we want to address issues as part of the job, not after the fact.

Again, thanks for all you do to take care of our customers.
Sincerely,
Sherri Shamblin

BONEHEAD! Most companies do studies & get customers/employees feedback BEFORE making any reconfiguration. :down:

Oh I can't wait to fly this treat of an airplane :blink: This is like a bad episode of Pimp My Ride. And Sherri, how nice of you to think of more coat hooks. I guess you all did learn something from the 320 debacle :rolleyes: But not enough.

The main concern was the absence of the 2nd gally in the forward cabin and the impact on trash collection and service item availability.

The main concern was the absence of the 2nd gally in the forward cabin and the impact on trash collection and service item availability.
Way to SPIN it like only a Spinner can. ;) But how about alienating the frequent flyers that took the East decades to build a relationship with? Frequent Flyers that were flying us before "CACTUS" AW was even a thought. Was that even a consideradion? Oh Course not since they were busy with the tape measure trying to understand how much trash the extra Y class seats would generate.

Oh I can't wait to fly this treat of an airplane :blink: This is like a bad episode of Pimp My Ride. And Sherri, how nice of you to think of more coat hooks. I guess you all did learn something from the 320 debacle :rolleyes: But not enough.

sky high states: Anyone else having problems with their PIMP RIDE (A-320) not having "any" coat hangers or not enough???? :down: :down:

"sorry, cant hang that, NO hangers!"

only stating opinions

Date: Sunday, 8 April 2007 13:30 ET
To: USAALLF/A
Subject: A321 Reconfiguration
A message from Sherri Shamblin

To our outstanding Flight Attendants:
You truly embody the name and face of US Airways to our customers
and I appreciate all that you do to take care of them.

* Removal of 10 First Class seats
* Installation of 14 additional coach seats
* Removal of Galley 2 (to create space)
* Installation of larger trash bins
* Removal of coat closets
* Duty-free sales items removed on the A321

The additional 14 seats provide a great revenue opportunity for our airline.

Coat closets are disappearing industry wide
will ensure your ability to accommodate the additional customers
and refuse
Sherri Shamblin
Removing 10 FC Seats to add 14 Coach (Net 4 Seats) More $49 revenue compared to $500+.

Coat Clostets are disappearing? Who let David Copperfield on-board? Industry Wide? She must mean SYSTEM WIDE!

Now they admit it, More "Trashy Customers"!

This Sherri must be a real doosey.

First Class, Even if a Customer who is paying for coach and upgrades to FC its more revenue that they will be making by those 4 additional Seats. First off, there is NO such thing as Coat Closets disappearing. Maybe it will be the customers disappearing, but someone has to manually take the closets out. Houdini died years ago, so that is impossible.

Coat closets are disappearing industry wide and couldn't swing installing the additional coach seats and keep the coat closets intact.

Outright lies. That and the "we don't want to cheapen our first class product." Too f'ing late, babe.

Your main concern should be the hordes of VFFs who buy premium tickets and earn status (as opposed to the hoardes of golds who you gave it to gratis) who will stampede towards the door.

Net loss in Q1, and it's early. When the shrinkage stops, you guys are in real trouble because the revenue premium is over on UA, AA, DL, and NW.

Northwest now has a better product on a DC-9 than US on any narrowbody Airbus. How bad is that?

I am flying on one next Sunday 4/15. I will be in F, but I hope to get a better look at it.

You'd better call rez and make sure you still have a seat. Nobody gave Yeild Mgt a heads up and the flights are still authorized to sell 26 first class seats!! It's always a nice surprise to find the flight you're working is oversold by ten in first class.

Insane. Absolutely insane. I will wager that you will be hard pressed to find a 321 in LAX SFO SAN SEA PDX in the near future. Prob mostly Orlando, etc... Why oh why dont they throw the seats back in the 757s (16, even!) and use that to the Left coast? :eek:

Yes, Art, more info!

I will comment in a separate thread in the morning. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

That said, it looks like the 321 situation will be as much of a disaster as the 320 or the res migration--a net gain of 4 seats!!!!!! Ma and Pa Kettle win this round....

As Bart Simpson says,
"DOOHHHHH"

I love the letter from Sherri to "Our Outstanding Flight Attendants". How patronizing can you be? God forbid the actions of Inflight Mangagemnt tell us we are outstaning. Oh yes, I feel so valued now that she said we were outstanding. Give me an F'in break.

Oh and by the way, where will all the equipment go? How much do you want to bet it is in the overheads?

Back