Reconfigured 321's

I'm pretty sure that it will be more than a net gain of 4 seats. What I believe they meant by the memo is that there will be 14 additional coach seats on top of the 10 F seats that will be replaced for Y seats on a 1 for 1 basis.

A net gain of only 4 coach seats would still mean a ultra-generous and above industry average 32" seat pitch for Y seats...why would Tempe want to do that???

Here's another interesting thought (that probably would never happen, but anyways):

The US planes are very similiar in layout to COs. CO has a 31" seat pitch in all narrow body a/c and closets only on the 757-200, which is almost used exclusively for transatlantic flying. The F cabin on CO is either 12 (733/735/737) seats or 18 (738/739), which is comparable to the new US cabins of either 12 (737/319/320) or 16 (321). With the reduced F cabins, US could focus on providing a superior F product to those who actually want to pay for it and still capture enough of the "all important" Ma and Pa kettle folks in Y. That would be more in line with my idea of the hybrid carrier that Parker and Co. originally touted.

This is so insulting to passengers and employees alike that it is downright embarrassing and shameful.

CO... BFD (and I'm not talking about Bradford, PA). I don't understand what the big deal is about Crapinental.

Their FF seat availability is the pits, and their seat pitch is "industry standard".

Two examples of CO's anti-customer policies -- want to fly CO Micronesia using miles? Settle for coach and hope you don't catch DVT, or pay the F miles (150,000 US-Asia) and settle for domestic F. They say "but for F miles you get International BusinessFirst", yet they don't have International BusinessFirst on CO Micronesia. That's a scam in my book.

#2 -- one time I volunteered to get off the plane because of weight restrictions. I needed to re-book the trip and was told to call (too busy at the gate). Not only did I not get a voucher, they tried to charge me a $100 change fee. That was a $400 ticket and I never did reach my destination. Until CO cuts me a check for $400, I will never step foot on any of their planes ever again. I don't give a damn if they serve meals in coach; I can feed myself at the airport thank you very much.

Even US Airways doesn't outright steal from their customers.

Insane. Absolutely insane. I will wager that you will be hard pressed to find a 321 in LAX SFO SAN SEA PDX in the near future. Prob mostly Orlando, etc... Why oh why dont they throw the seats back in the 757s (16, even!) and use that to the Left coast? :eek:
Agree. I think THIS is the beginning of the end of A321 flights to the West Coast. Personally, I think the a/c will have limited range and will be flown Hub-to-Hub (as far west as PHX) but that will be it. Limited nonstops will operate on the A319 to LAX/SAN/SFO/SEA.....I can see it now more HUB flying and less of the NONSTOP transcons.

Agree. I think THIS is the beginning of the end of A321 flights to the West Coast. Personally, I think the a/c will have limited range and will be flown Hub-to-Hub (as far west as PHX) but that will be it. Limited nonstops will operate on the A319 to LAX/SAN/SFO/SEA.....I can see it now more HUB flying and less of the NONSTOP transcons.

Great observation and you are probably right on!

This begs the question: why does the company not put the 757s back on transcon routes and leave the 321s on shorter haul/Caribbean service? The 757 (the East ones) have no trouble making it from PHL to SFO. Although I'm in full agreement that the changes to the 321 are stupid beyond belief, the reasoning behind not using the 57 instead on these routes is even more dumb.

Sure put 16 F/C seats on PHL-PHX that way you can cart all the non revenue generating space positive execs in F/C while those of us who generate that 43% Revenue Premium ride in back.

You are so thoughtful. May I please buy another ticket on your wonderful airline?

:D Piney...that was rich! I sprayed a mouth full of water all over my computer screen on that one (as an aside, it's the cleanest my laptop has been in months!)

This begs the question: why does the company not put the 757s back on transcon routes and leave the 321s on shorter haul/Caribbean service? The 757 (the East ones) have no trouble making it from PHL to SFO. Although I'm in full agreement that the changes to the 321 are stupid beyond belief, the reasoning behind not using the 57 instead on these routes is even more dumb.
The 757s need to go back on the transcon. PERIOD.

sky high states: LOL, a freq. flyer told me the other day, they're reducing the A321 on transcons, and putting A320 on alot of the routes.

The new Millennium MD-80!!!

only stating opinions.

YES!!!! That is what they are designed to do, go transcon filled to the gills with pax and cargo! Put 18 F/C seats in all of them and save the dog of a 321 for hops between hubs......

Back