Regional.....Mesa Airlines ?

calistayork

Jun 5, 2005
Just wanted to clear up some confusion. My 78 year old mother always flies to Myrtle Beach for vacation with us.(Out of Pit). There is a non-stop going down, but the time of the returning non-stop flight is too early. Not much of a choice. There is an afternoon connection that lists as a regional carrier, Mesa Airlines. Is that the carrier out of Charlotte? Thanks for the information.

Just wanted to clear up some confusion. My 78 year old mother always flies to Myrtle Beach for vacation with us.(Out of Pit). There is a non-stop going down, but the time of the returning non-stop flight is too early. Not much of a choice. There is an afternoon connection that lists as a regional carrier, Mesa Airlines. Is that the carrier out of Charlotte? Thanks for the information.

Yes! But booking a flight on them is like rolling the dice at a craps game!! I would look at booking a mainline flight for her instead out of there! Stay away from the 2000's and 5000's flight numbers. I have 3 buddies down in ILM that travel a lot for business and they learned the hard way... No crews, MX, late, late, late... Oh and did I say late! Good Luck!

Yes! But booking a flight on them is like rolling the dice at a craps game!! I would look at booking a mainline flight for her instead out of there! Stay away from the 2000's and 5000's flight numbers. I have 3 buddies down in ILM that travel a lot for business and they learned the hard way... No crews, MX, late, late, late... Oh and did I say late! Good Luck!

Flight numbers between 2201 and 2599 are not flown by MESA. They are flown by PSA. A totally different airline.

Despite the fact that MESA is running the show out of ILM these days.. They run a better operation than the wholly owned, PSA flights. PSA Dispatchers are clueless. The flight attendants are the nastiest in the industry. We never have trouble with Chautauqua, Mesa or Air Wisconsin crews. Always, the PSA crews are the bottom of the barrel.

Well if you are counting HP flights in ILM as MESA I would say you are correct. Air Whisky does have their share of flights too, coming and going to PHL. I don't think it has anything to do with who runs a better show but who has the type of aircraft needed. Since mainline pulled out they needed something smaller then the 737 but bigger than a CRJ-200/700. By the way glad I see someone else based in ILM!

Always, the PSA crews are the bottom of the barrel.

Ouch....I guess from now on I won't be helping you load the carry on bags. I thought I was helping by handing then off of the jetway to the ground crew to save time.

From now on I'll just stay in the cockpit.

(actually, I won't. Little comments like yours don't really bother me. I still think it's nice to help get the flight out on time. That is the goal, right?)

BTW, I'll be overnighting there on Saturday. If I can make my way up from the bottom of the barrel, I'll say hello.

I still cant figure out why we have express going into and out of ilm. We used to fill 300's on those routes.

Though I'm not from there, I have family there, and visit quite often. It's my home away from home.

Despite the fact that MESA is running the show out of ILM these days.. They run a better operation than the wholly owned, PSA flights. PSA Dispatchers are clueless. The flight attendants are the nastiest in the industry. We never have trouble with Chautauqua, Mesa or Air Wisconsin crews. Always, the PSA crews are the bottom of the barrel.

Not only was that comment mean spirited and uncalled for, it's also not true. How dare you condemn an entire airline for a percieved slight on your part? That's like saying "all fleet service workers are pond scum". Generalizations like that demonstrate your ignorance.

As a 27 year employee, I applaud our commuter/reginal carriers. I've met some mighty fine people from most of these carriers, in addition to the ones that are no longer around.....I sure do miss Crown and Penn

From USA Today......

Regional carrier Mesa leads USA in canceled flights

Mesa Airlines canceled the highest percentage of flights in January, the latest month the statistics are available from the federal Bureau of Transportation Statistics. The carrier, which operates regional flights for Delta, United and US Airways, scrubbed 4.2% of its scheduled flights for the month.

Never had a problem with PSA crews.... some of them are VERY competent & know what's going on.

And Tamer, George (both of them), Adam, and the others have saved our asses many times... so to say they're clueless is very VERY uncalled for. Busy, yes. Focused, yes. But incompetent.. hell no.

Yes, there are some bad-asses at PSA that think they're God... but there are quite a few individuals at the wholly-owned that care for USAirways & act like C Scale mainline employees. I've seen the difference in professionalism and courtesies between the contract and wholly-owneds.. I guess since it's all USAir's money, the wholly-owneds have a bit more resistance to "blowing company money"....

And if the contract carriers are so good, then why didn't USAir award them ground handling contracts?!! To this date, I believe LIT is the only outstation not operated by a wholly-owned that handles jets.

AWAC was a class-act till they made everyone commute out east :/

"Thanks, jerk" quote Stuka Luva

Funny. Regardless of what you think, I don't think I'm God.

I just don't like people (mostly, but not exclusively you) badmouthing PSA.

If there was someone posting about how much gate agents at (insert your station here) are bums, you'd defend against it too.

Latest posts