reserves get screwed yet again

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
ok . if i am reading this faa rule correctly. a reserve f/a who is on duty for six days consecutively but has not been used in those six days is still considered illegal to fly a trip on his or her day off the day after they go off duty? they need to have a 24 hr rest? so if i was on duty for six day and then i had 3 days off i will not be able to pick up a inlt, 3 day, or 4 day trip off the etb because i have to have a 24hr rest. that is total bulls#it!!!. i mean talk about a f'n hardship.
yet again the resrves are getting screwed . i say this. reserves should not even pick up trips off the trade board and let the b/h fly their own trips or be forced to drop them on the ail so that way it will become open time and reserves will have a chance to pick it up on thier on duty days. this crap has got to stop!!!! i am a b/h for now but i am sure i will be reserve for nov. it really doesen't even matter. everyone should be treated equal here!! i also think that they need to get rid of this lto crap and go back to awarding trips to reserves by sniority order . if b/h'r s get trips through seniority order, then so should reserves!!!! :angry:

ok . if i am reading this faa rule correctly. a reserve f/a who is on duty for six days consecutively but has not been used in those six days is still considered illegal to fly a trip on his or her day off the day after they go off duty? they need to have a 24 hr rest? so if i was on duty for six day and then i had 3 days off i will not be able to pick up a inlt, 3 day, or 4 day trip off the etb because i have to have a 24hr rest. that is total bulls#it!!!.

sky high states:
Already being discussed in----> Scheduling and the FAA

stating opinions only

Oh your reading it correctly. While I do find it a hardship for reserves I DO agree with the rule. It is observed for blockholders and pilots and always has since it was created. I can't wait to hear what they come up with as a way around the mess. As I stated in the 24/7 post...."The reserves will be screwed again". Wait and see.

ok . if i am reading this faa rule correctly. a reserve f/a who is on duty for six days consecutively but has not been used in those six days is still considered illegal to fly a trip on his or her day off the day after they go off duty? they need to have a 24 hr rest? so if i was on duty for six day and then i had 3 days off i will not be able to pick up a inlt, 3 day, or 4 day trip off the etb because i have to have a 24hr rest. that is total bulls#it!!!. i mean talk about a f'n hardship.
yet again the resrves are getting screwed . i say this. reserves should not even pick up trips off the trade board and let the b/h fly their own trips or be forced to drop them on the ail so that way it will become open time and reserves will have a chance to pick it up on thier on duty days. this crap has got to stop!!!! i am a b/h for now but i am sure i will be reserve for nov. it really doesen't even matter. everyone should be treated equal here!! i also think that they need to get rid of this lto crap and go back to awarding trips to reserves by sniority order . if b/h'r s get trips through seniority order, then so should reserves!!!! :angry:
Reserves should not have to work their days off to earn a liveable wage. The notion in itself is insane. Forget the ETB, days off, and int'l trips, work to get the system changed so we (RSV's) can work our days ON, instead of our days OFF! About time this was enforced....

Tell me about it. WHY in hell should we as reserves have to work on our days off to get a few extra dollars above guarantee? The concept in itself is ridiculous. I know this system has been voted in but so has a lot of other crap that was voted and gone. TIME FOR A CHANGE. A blockholder said, "we blockholders have fly for every minute we earn". "Yeah, well I have to work every day off to live". Being a b/h isn't all cakes and pies but a change is needed for all.

TOTALLY AGREE!

hat "hardship" is not the FAA's problem' its the company's problem. They either need to renegotiate the rsv system and get rid of LTO, allow for one pass, or RAISE THE WAGES FOR THE F/AS and the gurantee for rsvs needs to go to 78 specifically if the company insists on not budging on the LTO.

Does anyone think that because the block holders wont be able to drop their trips on the ETB as much that there will be more sick calls? Because if they call in sick ..then a reserve will be called for it and they both get paid for the trip. Right?

October may get ugly!!! :shock:

What I keep hearing is Reserves are planning to call in sick the last week in Oct.& the 1st week in Nov. to protest the LTO system/ETB and the new FAA ruling. I think many have reached their boiling point, myself included. It's going to get UGLY up in here....... :unsure:

Are F/A's there own worst enemies? Complaining about having time off lol. If you have to work on your days off to make a living find a career that pays and enjoy life...seriously think about it, and thank me later.

Let’s not forget how the ETB came about. We were told by CA and the past MEC that if we ratified the transformation agreement that included ETB& LTO RESERVE that PREF- BID would make MORE blocks and there would be less need for large reserve numbers.

But then after the agreement was ratified, Pref-Bid was never implemented and CA starting telling the F/A’s that it was too expensive for us to get. I say B.S.! You knew what the cost was during negotiations, why the change in your story CA?

The reserves were left standing there with Vaseline all over our a$$ while the blockholders gained another tool for modifying their schedules.

If there is no ETB for everyone equally…then they should be no LTO reserve.

:up: :up: :up: :up: Way to go pitbull they HAVE to do something these Reserves can not make it I love your thoughts.

Let’s not forget how the ETB came about. We were told by CA and the past MEC that if we ratified the transformation agreement that included ETB& LTO RESERVE that PREF- BID would make MORE blocks and there would be less need for large reserve numbers.

But then after the agreement was ratified, Pref-Bid was never implemented and CA starting telling the F/A’s that it was too expensive for us to get. I say B.S.! You knew what the cost was during negotiations, why the change in your story CA?

The reserves were left standing there with Vaseline all over our a$$ while the blockholders gained another tool for modifying their schedules.

If there is no ETB for everyone equally…then they should be no LTO reserve.

Well, not sure how everyone else feels, but just think if all of us reserves would not fly the ETB board for a couple of months. You would see blockholders quiting because they would have to fly their blocks instead of getting to drop down to 50 hours. The ETB board was not created to help reserves it was created to make it where blockholders were not restricted to flying their full block of time. Reserves need to take the ETB board out of the equation and fight for their contractual rights. We obviously have not been being represented by our union for this FAR to have been being violated.

Well, not sure how everyone else feels, but just think if all of us reserves would not fly the ETB board for a couple of months. You would see blockholders quiting because they would have to fly their blocks instead of getting to drop down to 50 hours. The ETB board was not created to help reserves it was created to make it where blockholders were not restricted to flying their full block of time. Reserves need to take the ETB board out of the equation and fight for their contractual rights. We obviously have not been being represented by our union for this FAR to have been being violated.

Great idea, in theory. I'm sure it would be very effective.

Ever heard the phrase: "It's like herding cats!"?

Latest posts

Back