Reuse Of Nonrefundable Ticket

Rob

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
I had to cancel an AWA-booked trip at the last moment and was told my ticket could be reused (with a $100 booking fee) for a year. How do I reference the existing (paperless) ticket when trying to rebook? By my name? By the confirmation code?

TIA, Rob

The confirmation code probably will work. But they may ask you for the ticket number (which should be on your receipt).

Ticket number .... looking closely .... Yes, it is on the receipt. I guess I'll trust that AWA has a way to handle this. My first non-refundable calcellation; I'm usually good at judging when to buy a non-refundable.

Sorry you needed to cancel. I hope everything is OK.

The ticket number and the credit card number will do the trick. However, make darn sure you travel before the one year is up from the time you **purchased** the ticket, not the day you cancelled.

Good point.

A lot of folks think that the refund reusage clock starts ticking from the time the ticket is cancelled or from the time of the intended travel date.

That's not correct for most all airlines. It is the actual original purchase date.

But, YMMV.

Thanks, hp fa, that time of purchase advice is appreciated. I expect I'll use the ticket in June. Now ... wouldn't some DCA/IAD transcons be nice.