Revoking Your Iam Membership

Many mechanics have or in the process of stopping their automatic payroll deduction of union dues. All realize that as long as you are employed by U you must pay dues but when they found out that dues will be taken from their severance package.....that was the last straw!!!! Talk about greed!!!! Once severance kicks in they will not get another penny. :up:

DR.EVIL said:
You think one one the meatball mafia would have tried to stand up and help out thier union brothers by giving some info, any info or advice. But they huddle under thier desk hoping this will go away. 700, and the rest of the narrow minded kool aid drinkers at the union office have no clue who they represent. Nobody has seen a union person in weeks. Tell frank that the members would rather have the seamstress union than this bunch of morons representing the mechanics.
[post="248873"][/post]​
you should be thankful...if it weren't for bill and frank there would be no heavy maintenance at all.....
as a famous trade unionist used to say:
lavman was here.....kiss the seat

AP Tech said:
Many mechanics have or in the process of stopping their automatic payroll deduction of union dues. All realize that as long as you are employed by U you must pay dues but when they found out that dues will be taken from their severance package.....that was the last straw!!!! Talk about greed!!!! Once severance kicks in they will not get another penny. :up:
[post="248971"][/post]​

How can one go about stopping the payroll deduction for dues? Thanks..

Timmy..
It's not in your best "interest", since you have been trying for yrs. to start up your "own" union. It's also a fact that you have been fined by the IAM and are not a good member in standing.

For years, you had an internet website that bashed many people trying to get a contract, it was never your intention to help the effort, but it was your intention to keep your name in the limelight.

Maybe it's in our best interest that you leave quietly and resign from this company. It's always been just about "Timmy" and your intentions, not the best interest of Fleet Service.

As for having more "unionism" in his pinky than most, that is a one sided opinion, not shared by many. His talk is cheap and the easy way to do things. The man had never proved himself while sitting behind his keyboard.

Like it or not, the IAM is the union that represents Fleet Service at USAirways. You do have an option to leave if this is a problem, I'm sure others would like to have your job.

Let's face the truth here, the IAM has done very little for the FSA group. This is very evident with the last T/A and the fate of the Class 2 stations. Yes, the Membership voted to pass the T/A, but the ones who were in favor of it are not going to bear the outcome of it. The IAM has NEVER had any of the out stations in their best interest even though they were dues paying members just like everyone else. Some of the AGC's have even told the out station members that their primary concern were their "Brothers" at THEIR station, and pretty much the Hell with everyone else. Sad to think that these are the same Clowns we have been paying dues to for NOTHING. The last vote was weighed in favor of the T/A passing before one ballot was cast. It was the lovely IAM that let the company revise the offer to add PVD & BDL to the class one list, and to screw the Mainline Express stations once again. The Mainline Express group had been Grandfathered previously. This stunt permitted the Company to stack the vote in their favor with nearly 68% of the eligible voters being in Class 1 stations. Who in a Class 1 station was going to vote themselves out of an $18 an hour job?? Sure there may have been a few, but there would have had to been over 17% No votes. As I have said before, once the Class 2 stations are outsourced at least the members will be rid of paying this 1/2 ### organization a dime in dues ever again. The IAM has been completely USELESS for many of it's members. You can pound the IAM drum as long as you wish 700, but it will not change what many feel about the IAM.

Ahh the sideline QB who Thinks he knows it all speaks.

Let me give you some history:

Timmy back in the early 90's, started his own union, filed short on cards which caused a one year bar on any union vote, during that time frame the company decimated the Fleet Service and Customer Service Group.

The company took away their vacation, sick time, OJI bank, down-graded 40% of the workforce to part-time (causing a part-time employee who wanted family medical coverage to pay $300 a month), cut the hours for the part-time to a max of 25. The company outsourced express work and caused major layoffs, they outsourced air freight also. They froze and eliminated their pension.

Then Timmy had the audacity to try and sell his name list to the Teamsters for a job.

Then the organizing drive started and the IAM won and represented the Fleet Service workers in 1995. After one T/A was voted down the Fleet Service Members ratified their first agreement in 1999 that raised their wages, got them thier vacation, sick time and OJI back. Established a grievance procedure, a part-time cap, scope language and many other improvements.

Timmy went out of his way to hinder the process and not help. He was disciplined by the company for his web site that attacked the IAM, IAM Representatives and IAM Supporters as well as the company.

Then Timmy and Mike Pruitt tried to start their own union called FSWU (Fleet Service Workers United) they appointed themselves to leadership roles with no experience and no funding. That failed also.

Then Mike and Timmy came up with the AGW to try and represent the Fleet Service workers, they once again anointed themselves to the Grand Poobas and failed once again to gather enough cards for an election.

Timmy and Mike at the time were members in good standing in the IAM, the IAM Constitution prohibits Dual Unionism, both were tried, found guilty and fined, to this date both of them have not paid their fines so as Justaramper said, they are not members in good standing.

Both of them have no experience and no resources to represent and yet negotiate. The likes of Jerry Glass would have decimated them.

The AGW when first organized hired the law firm of Seham and Seham who have represented COMPANIES AGAINST unions. A real union would not hire a law firm that has anti-union history.

Now his made-up unions says they want the Fleet Service Members to decertify the IAM and let them become employees at will once again and being at the mercy of the company. Now what so-called union with no money and no resources would advocate a decertification drive and the consequences it brings. Everyone knows Timmy wants to be in charge and get his hands on the Fleet Service Dues Money.

You can say what you want about the IAM Bob, but once again you are not an employee, not a IAM member and you are only guessing at what actually transpired, you believe the word of US Airways Executives who have been caught lying on more then one occasion, so I would not expect you to actually know the history and what actually has occurred.

Funny I did not see the membership complain when times were good and the IAM got them raises, improvements in working conditions and benefits.

If you have not looked around all the legacy carriers have had to get concessions from their employees, being ALPA, AFA, AMFA, CWA, IAM, TWU and non-union carriers like CO and DL have imposed concessions on their non-unionized employees. The industry is broken and the above unions like it or not have helped those carriers stay in business with the sacrifices their members have made.

Feel free to launch more attacks I am expecting it.

Wings, you can say what you want, but majority rules that is the democratic process, yes people are hurt by it, but your own coworkers are the ones who ratified it. And you were better in 1992 after the company did what they pleased with you and changed the PPG daily after the Pilots accepted concessions?

You have to get involved to make a change, unfortunatly in this round the company had all the cards and wanted to play by their rules and no one elses.

700 said
"Funny I did not see the membership complain when times were good and the IAM got them raises, improvements in working conditions and benefits."

Your a riot 700!

Who gave away utility and please dont say the workers. The IAM leaders should have fought for all workers even if it meant closing down this airline by loudly voicing and publicly on TV radio newspaper that thgey strongly stand behind the workers and recommend a strong NO vote but the IAM coward and hide behind the company so at all costs keep there dues coming in . If my lawyer represented me as bad as this Sh_t union his butt would have been tossed long ago.

As I see Timmy he is a rebel with a cause the IAM union created him by bad represention. So as the IAM keeps doing little for the workers and hides behind the company like a little baby does I'm sure you have not hear the last of Timmy or others.

PS 700 post your real name now you dont work for the company anymore or soon wont thanks to the IAM! Keep working hard defending bad representation you really make a fool of yourself by that action

The IAM listened to its members, see once again a non-IAM member who THINKS he knows what happened spews things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I don't care about the Steelers, and by the way Bettis, Staley, Ward, Buress and the Defense had a lot to do with the Steelers record.

See the IAM Leadership, including Mr Roach went across the US Airways Mechanic and Related System and met with the members during the Airbus Dispute and the membership overwhelmingly told him and his staff NOT TO TALK with the company.

Gee Bob, why did you not know this? You proclaim to know it all.

The IAM at every local lodge meeting had District Representatives poll and question the membership on what direction to go before the negotiation process started.

Gee Bob, why did you not know this also?

During the process their was communication from the membership on the floor to the local lodge leadership and to the district lodge leadership on what the membership thought was important and what they could live with.

Gee, Bob, why did you not know this too?

During the process members of the Negotiating Committee at times when negotiations were not scheduled, while they were back at work and even on their own time were out on the floor communicating and exchanging ideas with the membership.

Gee Bob, something else you did not know, why?

Even during negotiations, phone calls were taken, e-mails answered at all times of the day and night to give the local leadership updates on the process and exchange information.

Wow Bob, another thing you did not know, why?

Every Tuesday at 9:30AM the General Chairman and the Negotiating Committee held a conference call to update the local lodge leadership and grievance committees on the progress or lack of progress of the negotiation process, and to take questions from call participants. Those members on the call were to take the information out to the floor.

Darn Bob, how come you did not know about this too?

The Negotiating Committee put out bulletins as often as they could to get information out, but it is difficult to give specific details as things changed on a daily basis.

Bob, did you know that occurred?

And at every single ratification vote a General Chairman, IAM Representative or a Negotiating Committee member was there to answer any and all questions that any Mechanic and Related IAM member would have.

Come on Bob, I would have expected you to know that.

See a non-IAM member and non-US employee to actually grasp and understand that all of these things occurred and the process was doomed from the beginning because of the Pro-Debtor Judge the company had.

I am a utility person at the moment, the IAM did fight to keep the work, the language contained in the offer of 1/5/05 to the company from the IAM kept all line utility work at the big eight stations based on flight activity and RON at the stations.

The Company wanted utility from the get go, the idea of getting rid of all utility was a deal breaker for the IAM.

The IAM does not negotiate in the press.

And the company made the final offer sweet enough that the membership would would still be employed(56%) would vote for it and the I would bet the majority of utility voted for it as to get their severance. The company made it quite clear that if the final offer was rejected their would be no severance on what the company would impose since the judge had all ready abrogated the contract.

Ultimately it was the membership who ratified the final offer and eliminated all line utility. Every member (61%) who voted for it put their coworkers on the unemployment line.

I can proudly say I voted no on the agreement and yes to strike.

I will not post my name, why don't you post yours? And yes I will still be employed after utility is let go, and I will still be under the terms of the Mechanic and Related Contract, sorry to burst your bubble.

hey bob.....roethlisbergers experience is exactly why the steelers drafted him...
and i just bet ,bob...you think IAM only represents airline mechanics....

Glad to see you did not answer anything poised to you.

Your actual lack of knowledge on the events that happened is evident.

I like how you try and insult or attack instead of sticking to the topic at hand.

And did you ever think there was not a way to reach a tentative agreement?

This is not about the international, this is about what happened.

But you take the tactic of keep changing the subject and attack other things to avoid and admit you don't know what happened and why.

But I would not expect anything differant I mean Glass probably admires you since you admitted breaking into a coworkers office and stealing information out of it.

All of that great, wonderful communication and you end up with the worst contract of all
how we get the worst bob...flyboys in the cockpit a lot longer for the same pay...diluted wages at best...samo samo for your AFA clan....
me i just work 1/2 hour more for a little less.....we held our pension as did AFA ...didn't see IAM sell off the pension like ALPA did ....did you?
before you go making rash declarations bob you should look over the very well orchestrated raping and pilaging of all labor groups over the last 3 concessions.....
point is nobody's give was really any better than anyothers....

Back