Rez Outsourced

echoe1

Aug 22, 2005
Interesting. Yesterday at work I had someone call rez and immediately ask for a supervisor to tallk to. The agent transferred to call to me, as we are the help desk for rez. Funny, it was a US Airways pilot wanting to make sure Doug Parker and the management team understand how pathetic the outsourcing of US Airways rez center has been! He wanted to ask me if I knew whether or not they were aware that the majority of the US rez agents spend 75% of their time fixing the mistakes by the outsourced centers!

He gave an example of a friend calling to book to LAX. The agent sd well LAS is close and the flights look better. Las Vegas, Los Angeles, they are the same, right? Or the ones wanting to fly to Athens and being told US doesn't fly there and hanging up on them..

WHAT I WANT TO SEE ON HERE IS STORIES OF THE HORRIFIC ISSUES OUTSOURCING HAS CAUSED. I WANT TO HEAR FROM REZ AGENTS, CUSTOMERS, SUPERVISORS, ETC ON THIS. I WANT TO PASS IT ON TO MR PARKER AT HP AND OTHERS. LET'S GET FACTUAL ON THIS AND PLZ TELL US YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ESPECIALLY IN TRYING TO "FIX" WHAT THEY HAVE DONE OVERSEAS!...I HOPE TO YEAR FROM MANY OF YOU. THX

echoe1 said:
Interesting.  Yesterday at work I had someone call rez and immediately ask for a supervisor to tallk to.  The agent transferred to call to me, as we are the help desk for rez.  Funny, it was a US Airways pilot wanting to make sure Doug Parker and the management team understand how pathetic the outsourcing of US Airways rez center has been!  He wanted to ask me if I knew whether or not they were aware that the majority of the US rez agents spend 75% of their time fixing the mistakes by the outsourced centers!

WHAT I WANT TO SEE ON HERE IS STORIES OF THE HORRIFIC ISSUES OUTSOURCING HAS CAUSED.

You complain about REZ being outsourced but say NOTHING about maintenance outsourcing???

Just where the heck are your priorities :blink: ????

The funny thing is nobody wants to believe anything said about the deficiencies in the maintenance being performed (per say)!!!!!!!!!!

E-TRONS said:
You complain about REZ being outsourced but say NOTHING about maintenance outsourcing???

The funny thing is nobody wants to believe anything said about the deficiencies in the maintenance being performed (per say)!!!!!!!!!!
[post="293295"][/post]​

I do care about ALL outsourcing. However, due to the fact I work in rez at HP just as I'm sure you are mx then my concern is that the pax which we all service, and rez has contact with gets professional, caring customer service, and aren't struggling to deal with language barriers, cultural barriers, and pathetic service. Personally, I think any "American" corporation that outsources and takes food from the mouths of the families that have worked and supported the company they believed in for so many years, yet stands by and continues to allow the CEO's to accept bonuses and incentives in the high 6 digit and in some cases 7digit figures with no thought as to how that money could be utilized more effectively elsewhere in the company, to me...that is sooo sad....and VERY SELFISH! Until a CEO steps up and says..."I WILL ONLY ACCEPT A BASE SALARY" period! Ultimately it's hard to have any respect in them as they continue to outsource OUR AMERICAN jobs!

All I am asking for here is any US rez agents with stories regarding the problems with their outsourced centers to share them here so eventually after I have several, I can forward them to the "powers that be" at HP.

You should do the same with MX on a separate post. Get mx stories from guys and gals and issues that have affected your outsourcing also.

echoe1 said:
I do care about ALL outsourcing. However, due to the fact I work in rez at HP just as I'm sure you are mx then my concern is that the pax which we all service, and rez has contact with gets professional, caring customer service, and aren't struggling to deal with language barriers, cultural barriers, and pathetic service.

Even though HP doesn't outsource REZ as an employee I have had lots problems when trying to list or ticket. I'd say they get it wrong about 30-40%. Wrong cities, wrong flights (even though they repeated them back to me correctly?) wrong dates, not ticketed, all in PNR not ticketed. A big part of the rez problems is just the complication of the ticketing and rules not to mention high turnover. I can not wait for the day we do it all ourselfs on-line!!!

Personally I take offence at the title of this topic. A pilot is irked, please, shame on them for calling HP and whining. I am without a doubt sure that Mr Parker has bigger fish to fry at this point in time with regards to the merger, and I also believe that the relative people at HP are aware of the issues of the outsourcing.

I do not support outsourcing, but when it comes to revenue collection check the figures. The webpage does far more business than the res centers every day. Outsourcing is a calculated cost to get out of BK.

I also do not believe this is the forum to give actual accounts. For them to have any validity the poster would have to reveal the PNR and that is totally against any company policy, and a violation of the passengers privacy. To not have a PNR makes it hear say and not worth anything.

E-TRONS said:

[post="293295"][/post]​

I see your concerns but you know, you can always start a thread about MTC outsourcing if you want to.

Prior to my EO, I received several blind transfers. This is nothing new for the INT res reps, but this extension was not for pax. It was an inhouse dept that did not take, nor have the manpower to staff inbound pax calls. Mexico and Manilla both did the transferring. On the rare occasion the transfer was not blind, I advised the rep in Mexico or Manila that this ext was not for pax transfers. There were also several occasions where the caller was given our outside line and called it directly. Any number or ext that the reps in Mexico or Manilla could find to use that would put the caller to INT/PIT was used without discretion. I hope that the new QA analysts or whatever they are called are monitoring and advising the outsourced agent of their errors, but considering that the QAs have limited or no experience in res themselves, I fear it is more of the blind leading the blind. But hey, back in 89, USAir stated that those in management did not have to know a particular job in order to manage those who did the work.

Cant add specifics here, but our manager gets a box full of PNRs each day with rez screwups and what we had to do to get them corrected. Many times we have to do it because now we have to waive or fudge to get it to do what the customer was told by rez and we know he's going to hear about it when it gets to accounting or someone else higher up so we just give it to him right away. He should have more than enough for a small landfill at this point.

Seatacus said:
I see your concerns but you know, you can always start a thread about MTC outsourcing if you want to.
[post="293437"][/post]​

We tried that last year when UAIR was sending our work to MAE Aerospace in violation of our contract. In spite of documented emergency landings and mishaps concerning the farmed out aircraft, MOST EVERYONE was dismissing our concerns simply as union scare tactics. Fine.

Sooner or later a U.S. registered airliner is going to bore a big crater in the dirt. And it will be due to shoddy maintenance. Then again, what you don't know can't hurt you................right :eek: ??????

Just another reason this 20 year aircraft technician has left the industry on his own accord.

I sincerely wish you all luck.

check your email. I sent you about 5 or 6 examples of mishaps that happened today that were purely stupid. And our station was technically closed, so if I weren't there to fix their tickets, we'd have about 50 very VERY angry customers, or FORMER customers.

W:Exch:invol and all the masks imbedded in my head! i can do them with my eyes closed!

E-TRONS said:
We tried that last year when UAIR was sending our work to MAE Aerospace in violation of our contract. In spite of documented emergency landings and mishaps concerning the farmed out aircraft, MOST EVERYONE was dismissing our concerns simply as union scare tactics. Fine.

Sooner or later a U.S. registered airliner is going to bore a big crater in the dirt. And it will be due to shoddy maintenance. Then again, what you don't know can't hurt you................right :eek: ??????

Just another reason this 20 year aircraft technician has left the industry on his own accord.

I sincerely wish you all luck.
[post="293457"][/post]​
Less we forget, that shoddy maintenance was the cause of the a/c slamming into the hangar at CLT costing the lives of all passengers and crew :down:

FATHER OF TWO,

I had the unfortunate privlege of being there in the hangar that day. The plane hit about 200 feet from where I was standing. It was truly a horror show to see the aftermath....I will spare you the details :(

Why did this happen?????? For the sake of money :down: :down:

Just keep repeating..outsourcing is safe..outsourcing is safe..outsourcing is safe.....and I'm sure everything will be ok <_<

I know in reservations the supervisors are emailing the errors to Linda W****** in CCY, then what gets done from there noone knows..because the number of errors from UFM are getting to be more and more on a daily basis....and sometimes unable to be fixed no matter how creative we are. Linda works hard so I'm sure they are going somewhere but the bottom line is it's costing them less under the employee cost column...sooo - someone still thinks it's a good idea....haven't heard of res breaking any sales records lately...wonder what the numbers really are....in comparision to last year...No one seems to care that the passengers are frustrated...I'm sure they will be booking elsewhere...when calling an outsourced office the passenger issues that are not understood are overwhelming and the language barrier is unreal.

Okay, I will be looking for reservations on my end. We all know that no one likes outsoursed departments, but think about it folks, reservations is the first contact a pax has with the airline in many instances. I for one get extremely upset when I have to call US and protect a pax. I spend more time trying to get the agent on the other end to understand me than I do with an irate pax because his flight is canx. Everyone--this includes ATO--please send these complaints and problems to this person. It will help us out in the long run. If we don't have bookings then we won't have full planes--after all that's what we want isn't it??????

Latest posts

Back